What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints sign Gidley

cram

Bench
well he wont because money speaks all languages and in some ways i cant blame him for taking the money in the twilight of his career...and yes agreed MK, i was just adding to your post with some further detail...

Tupou. Now that would be a signing! Imagine him on the end of a Joey cut out pass. Good luck to the opposing winger. Hope they have plenty of panadol!

Roy

Juniors
like i have said before delaneys future is at lock, i hope to god he doesnt end up her at center. He is no better then carmont.

Lowey3

Juniors
The story is true.

The link on page one is from the Rugby Leaguer - the main RL paper in England - they get fined for every bit of false information they write.

They're spot on with whats going on and have all links with every club.

Alex28

Coach
It will only happen IF we get a suitable replacement for him - that is a massive IF at the moment because I don't think we'll find one...

Roy

Juniors
i just saw on ten news that, "newcastle center matt gidley has asked for a release to play in england"

Alex28

Coach
The Newie Herald said he would only be released if they found another high quality centre to replace him. Just because he has asked does not mean he will get...

Alex28

Coach
If we do not have a suitable replacement, then he stays. He was all keen to stay when he signed an extention to his contract - now there is a few more bucks to it and it suits him he wants out.

Boo. Hoo.

He stays unless we can get a better replacement.

If Kidley and Tighe are our centres next season, assuming we miss out on Cross, my suggestion to the board would be to save their money and offer Stu Fielden a five year deal to end his career over here starting in 2008. Unfortunately he has said he is going to see out the final year of his deal with the bulls in 2007. The Broncos would be my only concern when it comes to Simmo's retention, as Bennett rates him very highly. They will have a ton of dough when Webby gives it away at the end of the year. A sad day that will be. A champion bloke and footballer.

chinorocks

Juniors
There is no way we a) Sign Fielden b) Sign Fielden to a 5 year deal. When was the last time a player who hasn't played NRL took a pay cut in the prime of his career, to sign a 5 year deal???

I would suggest it has never happened and never will happen.

Roy

Juniors
Alex28 said:
If we do not have a suitable replacement, then he stays. He was all keen to stay when he signed an extention to his contract - now there is a few more bucks to it and it suits him he wants out.

Boo. Hoo.

He stays unless we can get a better replacement.

Thats just stupid if a player does not want to be at the club let him go. Having that attitude towards the players is pointless. He will not give his best for the club or the team when he has stated he wants to be else where.

Burwood

Bench
Roy said:
Thats just stupid if a player does not want to be at the club let him go. Having that attitude towards the players is pointless. He will not give his best for the club or the team when he has stated he wants to be else where.
I can't imagine Gidley not giving his all in any game that he plays for Newcastle. There isn't any bad blood between him and the club, and the only reason that this issue of him leaving a contract 1 year early in favour of St. Helens is because of the goodwill shown on the club's behalf.