What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints sign Gidley

Johns Magic

Referee
Ben said:
Toopis isn't very fast at all. If my memory serves me correctly, i think a couple of years ago, Toopi could not chase Abraham down when he ran away to score a eighty metre try.

Anyway, if Gidley had signed for St Helens Danny Weidler would be all over it...:roll:

To be fair, Abraham was running full steam onto that intercept, and scored in the right-hand corner. Toopi would've had to turn around and start running from a flat-footed position, and he came from the complete other side of the field. He got pretty close too. He was certainly the only Warrior who came close.

northey

First Grade
didn't realise Carmont had been with us fro three years.. that went fast!

could they [the knights] be looking at getting Darren Albert back and replacing Matt Gidley with him?

Rumour in todays Herald that the knights are looking at "acquiring" Brett Delaney and that man mountain from the broncos ......Tame tupo to replace midley

RABK

Referee
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brett Delaney
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Brad Tighe
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns

Looks like a backline picked out of a lucky dip to me.

Red and Blue Knight said:
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brett Delaney
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Brad Tighe
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns

Looks like a backline picked out of a lucky dip to me.

I will take the Telsta cup tho.........:lol:

Nuffy

Bench
Heres my opinion.

1.Thaiday - best prospect for F/B at the club.
2. Topou - The bloke is a monster who can find the line. Exactly what wingers should be.
3. ?
4. Kidley - I'm not convinced that hes a centre yet, based on the fact that hes not a half / 5/8 / fullback, I'm not going to say that until hes shown me he can actually play centre. Smith must however expect him to be a centre as theres no place for him as a playmaker with Mullen in the team.
5. ?
6. Mullen
7. Johns

Re 3/5 - Tighe must get an extended run in FG, I'd suggest that hes a centre not winger, therefore we need another winger.

Finally, I'd like to think that we'd have money available to have massive lash at Tahu next year.

The simple fact is that our backline next year will need a lot of work and alot of thought, lets hope that Smith / Crowe are burning the midnight oil as we speak.

My concern is that we haven't ever managed any bigtime signing coups so I don't hold out any hope.

macavity

Referee
My concern is that we haven't ever managed any bigtime signing coups so I don't hold out any hope

BK. thats it.

RBK hears alot of stuff, mostly the voices in his head.... ;-)

I think we will get a fair few fringe firstgraders / PL players for 07. seems to be Smithy's M.O.

projects, as was mentioned.

what odds Don Tweedle in red'n'blue?

macavity

Referee
funny that our best signing is our biggest loss, huh?

heres a thought - we release Gids to Saints if they agree to take Reynoldson too....

then we can sign Asotasi and say Cross...

Nuffy

Bench
Parsons wasn't as Souths were in deep sh*t prior to his departure.

Re BK, he wasn't exactly the name player we let go when he signed. His rise corressponded with his time at Newcastle.

He was however our biggest mistake based on his form thus far, with Reynoldson in the top 3 mistakes based on his contract.

I wonder if BK could be talked around by Bedsy / Joey for another year?

Burwood

Bench
Nuffy said:
Parsons wasn't as Souths were in deep sh*t prior to his departure.

But he was still a Dally M prop of the year. Souths going under wouldn't affect his value on the open market.

macavity

Referee
1. Thaiday
2. Tupou
3. Cross (although im not a huge fan of the bug-eyed mung bean, he can play...) if not Delaney or Tighe
4. Kidley
5. Seage
6. Mullen
7. Joey
8. Perry
9 Bedsy
10. Asotasi
11. Simmo
12. Newton
13. Abes

14. Wooly
15. Davico
16. Snowden
17. Brown

UK: Reynoldson, Carmont, Gidley
who cares where: Quinn, Lowrie, basically the rest....

=P~

if we could put that team on the field we could win it in 07. Not sure we could do it under the cap, but if we got rid of the white elephant from melbourne we could go close.

we need a centre, winger and prop for next year (assuming Smith retires, which he will...).

BK wont come back. would you if you were treated that way?

Parsons was not a big name before he came here. hell he wasn't when he left.

anyways, enough daydreaming. Smith is going to sign a bunch of PL players with some long-term plan.... to turn us into the next chokeamatta.... :(

yeah im feeling a bit pessimistic atm

cram

Bench
medievilknight said:
Rumour in todays Herald that the knights are looking at "acquiring" Brett Delaney and that man mountain from the broncos ......Tame tupo to replace midley

The article also stated that Midley would not be released unless a suitable replacement was found for him. So I would suggest the deal is not done at this stage.

cram said:
The article also stated that Midley would not be released unless a suitable replacement was found for him. So I would suggest the deal is not done at this stage.

Agreed........Just said that they were LOOKING at the so mentioned players

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'd be dissapointed if matt gidley leaves. He shouldn't go overseas for money. The knights has always stood by him, even when he was in a long form slump. He's always a good chance of helping us to a grandfinal.