What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints V Cowboys *spoilers*

Ozzwald

Juniors
Well we just smashed the Cowboys by 34 points to 4!!!
Yes I know that NQ did not have their full strength side on the paddock, but let's face it, Saints had nowhere near their best side on the field either, so that win is every bit as justified in my eyes as it would have been had both teams been at full strength. The Cowboys have been absolutely whipping teams recently & Saints have come out & flogged them!! Welcome back To Jubilee boys!!! What a fantastic effort in a crucial game for the red & whites. I for one am VERY excited at Saints' prospects now. We are 8-2 in our last 10 games, still have 2 byes up our sleeves & have won our last 2 matches, which in my eyes were both "crunch" games for us.

So come on you boys & girls that were there at Kogarah....let's hear the details of their perfromance. Living in Texas of course I could not watch the game live (I'll have to wait a day or two till the replay is shown on bigpondguide.com) but I've been following the game on the live ticker on nrl.com

It appeared like a pretty even battle at half time....6-4 & the stats quite even but Saints certainly seemed to run rampant in the second 40 huh? They got canned in the penalties 7-3, but made 9 linebreaks to NQ 2 & had just 9 errors for the match. Like I said, i didn't see the game yet, but that sounds like pretty damn good football to me!

LOL! Now I might be able to go to bed! It's 2 am Sunday morning here in Texas!!!'

"We are the St George boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
Who show them how to play,
No matter where you be,
The red and white you'll see,
Now aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality!"[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

Ozzwald

Juniors
I just read the review of the game on nrl.com. It was described as a real scrappy affair. Is that right?

I read that Matt Head was assisted from the field with what appeared to be a "serious knee injury" ****!!! That's all we need! Anyone got any details on that?

Saint 60

Juniors
Scrappy? nope...was a good game of footy...really, obviously not full first grade sides but a good game of footy non the less :)

They took Head to Hosp...exrays and the like -

Godz Illa

Coach
The forwards were awesome and deserve full credit for the win. However, the jubilation at Jubilee will be tempered by the tragic injury to Matt Head. Early reports say he's gone for the season.

Ozzwald

Juniors
OH S**T!

God damn it, it seems we can't pull a trick injury wise.
That blows.....chunks.
I certainly hope it's not as bad as that. It doesn't sound promising though.
PISS!

hotsnow

Juniors
Our forwards dominated...all of them. Was wonderfull to watch.

lol at Hornby at the end, made 3 line breaks and the 3rd one came off. =)

Collateral

Coach
When the title of your post has been changed, it has been changed for a reason, so dont change it back.

It was changed because some people dont get to watch the game live or when its on tv so they tape it and come home to watch it or whatever and it ruins it if you have the result in your title of your thread.

Ozzwald

Juniors
RedDragon said:
When the title of your post has been changed, it has been changed for a reason, so dont change it back.

It was changed because some people dont get to watch the game live or when its on tv so they tape it and come home to watch it or whatever and it ruins it if you have the result in your title of your thread.

Ok I understand RedDragon. Please, I meant no offence nor to rock the boat. I actually thought I had screwed up the title somehow, or managed to post it in the wrong thread. I wasn't even thinking about my thread being a spoiler & being changed by a mod after the game ended. I do apologize. I certainly don't mean to rock the boat in here....I have very much enjoyed participating in this forum in the short time I have been involved. Again, I apologize & also to anyone who may have seen my thread before they knew the score.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its all cool Ozz, honest mistake stuff and RD is a top notch Mod as well.

Are you having trouble getting the games over there? I thought today's victory was particularly good.

The first half was tight... 'sloppy' for the negative folks. But very tense stuff imo.

The second half was great. They stuck to the coach's game plan and the young blokes went from holding their own in the forwards to rolling over the top. A real win of character and one which showed up the Cowboys for their lack of depth.

If you're having trouble seeing the match, just give us a yell and I'll post you a copy.

Cheers.

Ozzwald

Juniors
Willow said:
Its all cool Ozz, honest mistake stuff and RD is a top notch Mod as well.

Are you having trouble getting the games over there? I thought today's victory was particularly good.

The first half was tight... 'sloppy' for the negative folks. But very tense stuff imo.

The second half was great. They stuck to the coach's game plan and the young blokes went from holding their own in the forwards to rolling over the top. A real win of character and one which showed up the Cowboys for their lack of depth.

If you're having trouble seeing the match, just give us a yell and I'll post you a copy.

Cheers.

Hey Willow, well I appreciate that man, I certainly didn't want to put any noses out of shape. You seem like a top knotch kinda dude yourself, so I am certainly pleased to be a part of these boards.

As for the games, well I use bigpondguide.com to view them, along with Rusty & Freddie's NRL Deluxe. The only trouble is that it takes at least 24 hours & sometimes 2 or three days (depending on when the game is played - for example, a Friday night game is still not posted until Momday or Tuesday) after the fixture has been played before the replay of the game is available for viewing on the website. Same applies for the episodes of NRL Deluxe each week. Of course by then I know the result(s) & the game has been disected by me & everyone else to death! LOL!! So the thrill of seeing the game is somewhat tarnished. But hey, I live in Texas, USA where Rugby League is a foreign word so I suppose I am happy to get whatever footage I can.

You mentioned Willow that you could post me a copy of the match. In what format do you have it & do you have a broadband connection - I do. I would certainly be interested in seeing the game(s) without having to wait for bigpondguide to post them online. And your offer is very much appreciated.

Speaking of having to wait a day or two to watch the games.....I'll share this with you for a chuckle. I became aware of the scoreline & the final result of Origin I some hours after the game ended (unlike last night, I didn't stay up into the wee hours to watch the live ticker). So come the am here in South Texas I logged online to nrl.com (& for the record, yes, it's a pretty poor site Willow) & saw the scoreline, realized we lost it in golden point to a "Shoddy" (aka Noddy) intercept pass & read all the match reports. I was very much aware of how the Toads got out to 19-0 & the Blues miraculous comeback. Despite this knowledge when I was finally able to view the game online, I cringed at every Maroon point & when NSW staged their comeback I was jumping out of my chair & running around the living room pumping my fists! LOL! All this despite knowing it was all in vain in the end. I am a wickedly passionate Blues fan & if I had a dollar for everytime growing up as a kid, screaming & pounding the lounge room floor at every NSW try & my parents saying "Settle down Son" I would be a rich man! LOL!! Hell, I was watching NSW's annihilation of QLD in Origin III, 2000, with my Dad at the age of 27 & he still told me to settle down!!! LOL! I love my Dragons & I love my Blues!!!

So with that being said I have decided to boycott all Rugby Leage websites, Oz sporting websites & League Forums until I have had the opportunity to watch Origin II in it's entirety. Living in the USA for the last 5 years almost, it's been a looooong time since I have had the opportunity to enjoy an Origin game in such a way as to not know the outcome while watching it. As a matter of fact, Origin I, 2005 was the first Origin game I had seen since the 2001 series. So if I go MIA for a few days come Wednedsay you guys, you know why. Rest assured, I will be back to analyse the game with the rest of you. But I will be a day or two late, so please excuse me if any points I make are redundant!

GO YOU BLUES!!!!

Collateral

Coach
Ozzwald said:
Ok I understand RedDragon. Please, I meant no offence nor to rock the boat. I actually thought I had screwed up the title somehow, or managed to post it in the wrong thread. I wasn't even thinking about my thread being a spoiler & being changed by a mod after the game ended. I do apologize. I certainly don't mean to rock the boat in here....I have very much enjoyed participating in this forum in the short time I have been involved. Again, I apologize & also to anyone who may have seen my thread before they knew the score.

No worries mate, you seem like a top bloke so its all good. I can across as a bit harsh but I was in a bit of a rush and didnt really hae time to be getting all the kinks out of the post but in the end its all good.

Latest posts