What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints v Cowboys team

Anonymous

Juniors
Dragons Starting Line-up Unchanged for Cowboys Clash
www.leagueunlimited.com
27/07/2004

St.George Bank Dragons coach Nathan Brown has named an unchanged starting line-up to play the Cowboys in Townsville this Saturday night.

The sixth-placed Dragons will be hoping to repeat the form which saw them register their first win in Townsville in five years last season (36-16). The last time the sides met, the eighth-placed Cowboys beat the Dragons 14-12 at WIN Stadium in Round 13.

The only change to the Dragons is the inclusion of Henry Perenara on a six-man bench. Perenara, 24, has played in Premier League for the past three weeks since returning from a 14-week lay-off after a shoulder operation.

NRL (Rd 21)

V Cowboys

7.30pm Saturday, July 31

Dairy Farmers Stadium

Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Ben HORNBY
2. Nathan BLACKLOCK
3. John CARLAW
4. Matt COOPER
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Brent KITE
9. Lincoln WITHERS
10. Jason RYLES
11. Mark RIDDEL
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Dean YOUNG

14. Ashton SIMS
15. Michael HENDERSON
16. Henry PERENARA
17. Aaron WHEATLEY
18. Bryan NORRIE
19. Tony JENSEN

Southernsaint

Staff member
I like the look of that team. If they concentrate on the game at hand & cut down on the errors that were so prevalent last Sunday against the Scum, a 12-18 point win isn't out of the question.

The important thing is to focus on the Cowboys though, don't be thinking ahead to the Storm or Drugcastle...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Cowboys team to play Dragons named
www.leagueunlimited.com
27/07/2004

North Queensland Cowboys coach Graham Murray has named his side to front up to the Saint George Illawara Dragons on Saturday evening at Dairy Farmers Stadium.
With confidence high after last weekends win against the Knights the Cowboys look likely to cause the Dragons some grief on Saturday night.

Coach Murrays team is;

MATT BOWEN
TY WILLIAMS
JOSH HANNAY
PAUL BOWMAN
NEIL SWEENEY
DAVID MYLES
NATHAN FIEN
PAUL RAUHIHI
AARON PAYNE
SHANE TRONC
LUKE O'DONNELL
STEVE SOUTHERN
TRAVIS NORTON (C)
Interchange

ROD JENSEN
DAVID FAIUMU
LEIGH McWILLIAMS
MITCHELL SARGENT
MICHEAL LUCK

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southernsaint said:
I like the look of that team. If they concentrate on the game at hand & cut down on the errors that were so prevalent last Sunday against the Scum, a 12-18 point win isn't out of the question.

The important thing is to focus on the Cowboys though, don't be thinking ahead to the Storm or Drugcastle...

Cheers,
Ben S.
I can't believe your arrogance. A 12-18 point win is not out fo the question...just like the last meeting in Sydney?
And why on earth would they be thinking ahead to games against the Storm and Newcastle? The Cowboys are now a very accomplished team as shown by currently being placed in the 8. The Knights without Johns are a far inferior team so why would they look ahead to that one?

Anonymous

Juniors
Tommy, you're just trolling for the sake it.... and you're getting arrogance mixed up with opinion.
Now how about you cease with the hi-jacking of the threads stuff eh?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Willow said:
Tommy, you're just trolling for the sake it.... and you're getting arrogance mixed up with opinion.
Now how about you cease with the hi-jacking of the threads stuff eh?
Hijacking threads?? This isnt one of those really heart warming, touching the soul type threads that im not allowed to participate in is it? If not, then theres nothing wrong with giving an opinion.

An im not just trolling here. The Cowboys beat you the last time you played and have a far superior recent record so i just find it funny how a Dragons fan can sound so arrogant. And it is arrogance...."dont think ahead to Drugcastle". The Knights currently have nothing on the Cowboys so why would you consider looking ahead to them. Its not as if you're playing Souths this week followed by the Broncos. If you were then i could understand your team 'looking ahead'.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'd love nothing better than to argue with you Tommy... my day would be incomplete if some joker didnt kick up a fuss about nothing.

Anonymous

Juniors
P.S. you were telegraphing your intentions and have posted some defamation in another thread shortly after your posts here. So I could see it coming.

I called it as unfortunate and was ready to let it go with a polite reminder... which I did.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
does any one know anything about hendos hamstring, i noticed he had it in one of those thermal things on when he played against the scum, any news on that?

_Johnsy

Referee
I think the difference may well be in the halves, if our back row can be given a bit of room the 1/2's will run riot.

Ribs

Bench
Whats the go with Lance Thompson? I thought he was only going to be out for a couple of weeks?? Also, when is Justin Poore back?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ribs said:
Whats the go with Lance Thompson? I thought he was only going to be out for a couple of weeks?? Also, when is Justin Poore back?

LOL, a St George "2 to 4 weeks" is like a parallel dimension...

Cheers,
Ben S.

drake

First Grade
I think the people who do those estimates for saints must think they're Elves from Middle earth.
"Time flows differently for the immortals"