What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints v QLD

boxa777

Coach
Had this in the Saints forum, but I'm also interested in getting perspective from non-Saints fans.

A hypothetical inspired by an off the cuff comment on the League Lounge. Saints taking on QLD. Obviously Boyd isn't eligible and will be replaced accordingly but I'm keeping the Kiwis. Here's the Saints NSW team.

SAINTS NSW

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby

8. Dan Hunt
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior

14. Dean Young
15. Kyle Stanley
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jon Green

V

QLD

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston

8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Ashley Harrison
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Cooper Cronk
15. David Shillington
16. Ben Hannant
17. Dave Taylor

I would love to see this match up. Firstly because i would love to see QLD try and score against that defence. I'm confident that the team would do a lot better than some of the NSW teams have in the past.

Just not sure where QLD will score their tries? It's the defence of Saints v the attack of QLD. Would be very intriguing.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They have legit claims to 10 spots. Stuart has a ready made structure on both sides of the park.

Won't happen though. Bozo will demand at least 2 Sea Eagles.

Eels Dude

Coach
Nathan Fien played origin for QLD already.

But regardless I don't care, this just sounds like another Dragons boasting thread that the NSW side should be the Dragons side.

boxa777

Coach
wasnt this suggested in origin forum and its shit. dragons have no heart

True.. We'd need more Roosters.

No boasting. Was just speaking purely from the angle of the Saints defence taking on the QLD attack. I'm not too sure where QLD would score their tries through.

Eels Dude

Coach

No boasting. Was just speaking purely from the angle of the Saints defence taking on the QLD attack. I'm not too sure where QLD would score their tries through.

That is boasting whether you admit it or not. You're assuming your defence is enough to contain the QLD origin side. It's not.

I'd like to see Dragons score tries against that. You won't be getting penalty goals against qld

This Year?

Immortal
grapes-print.jpg

simmo1

First Grade
Yeah, QLD would beat that team with very little trouble. They'd be lucky to score a try.

Also Nightingale and Fien are Kiwis.

Had this in the Saints forum, but I'm also interested in getting perspective from non-Saints fans.

A hypothetical inspired by an off the cuff comment on the League Lounge. Saints taking on QLD. Obviously Boyd isn't eligible and will be replaced accordingly but I'm keeping the Kiwis. Here's the Saints NSW team.

SAINTS NSW

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby

8. Dan Hunt
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior

14. Dean Young
15. Kyle Stanley
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jon Green

V

QLD

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston

8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Ashley Harrison
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Cooper Cronk
15. David Shillington
16. Ben Hannant
17. Dave Taylor

I would love to see this match up. Firstly because i would love to see QLD try and score against that defence. I'm confident that the team would do a lot better than some of the NSW teams have in the past.

Just not sure where QLD will score their tries? It's the defence of Saints v the attack of QLD. Would be very intriguing.

TO5cWyOPQR.jpg