What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints v Scum - fulltime

The Major

Bench
From all reports it was a beauty.......Although I was told it went the other way.

Seems the fella in red got out quick and avoided any officials, not so lucky for the bloke in the netural T-Shirt

There was a biff? What did i miss?

mortz

not much, it was a sh*t fight, dragons were out numbered and copped it a bit... same outside... in the end i punched on with cronulla fans for trying to attack my stains mate...

good win by the dragons, it shows that you guys are number 1 for a reason

Thats Gardner is a real talent..
Sharks played well you just couldnt finish, our boys did well for having to playl and defend in our half most of the first half... Still alot of improvement left in us, Merrin was outstanding so too Stanley again!

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
One of the more impressive defensive performances from any club this season imo. Cronulla, whil they lack polish and a bit of class, are throwing the ball around with abandon lately, pushing the offloads and creating opportunities. They've become a bit of a decent attacking team. So to give them so much possession and field position, and restrict them to one try, is a great effort

not much, it was a sh*t fight, dragons were out numbered and copped it a bit... same outside... in the end i punched on with cronulla fans for trying to attack my stains mate...

good win by the dragons, it shows that you guys are number 1 for a reason

Most scum fans remind me of charatcers from the "hills have eyes" http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/Hills-have-eyes-berryman-small.jpg all weird looking and yelling out meaningless
Obscenities, dam it feels good to beat them on their own turf!!!!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
RCB, with Gardner, Mannah, Douglas and Snowden, you guys will have a team to improve should you find a coach that is able to develop. I hate to say it, but someone like Nathan Brown would be a decent purchase.

Also, Nathan Long as assistant coach? I thought he would be back playing in 2 weeks.

well thats the hope with flannagan.

he did coach the chooks jersey flegg to an undefeated premiership.

agree with gardner. having said that stapleton was looking like a really good youngster this time last year.

itd be good if albert kelly turned into greg inglis over night.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Did anyone else notice Gillian trying to intimidate Thorby at the end ?
Nice effort by our man to stand his ground while the Eels reject skulked away.

I did notice Thorby giving it back to Gallen (doesn’t he have a martial arts background at least of late?) Costigan too, followed Gallen for a few paces asking him what he had to offer. Gallen is a punk with either no brains or a very bad attitude (I think the latter)

jc155776

Coach
Dragons defence was too good. I don't see how many other teams could have held on like that, especially in the first half.

The Morris try first up in the half broke us. We needed to score first. A lucky bounce maybe but I think the fact that Morris did the smart thing in waiting for any rebound/miss is why the try was scored.

Soward kicked for 700 metres. He may have been kicking straight to players but the distance was huge, your forward were getting smashed and he would just bang it down. I think he should be playing Origin.

Anyway was a good game, I thought the score should have been closer in the end but its the performance that we Sharks can take heart from.

Good to see a massive crowd, can't beat Sunday arvo footy in the Suburbs really.

Cagey Mac

Bench
From a footy tipping perspective (I’m having a worst ever year); where do you think you’d rate the Sharks based on current form?
Their ball retention and defence was pretty good and they did try to “pose a lot of questions to us on our line. Given our depleted pack, I was really impressed with our win.
Gallen’s try was definitely a double-movement and Barrett could easily have been penalised the controversy laden Morris injury.
Snowden’s cheap shot on Soward is worth three weeks but I reckon he’ll get one. If not Sowie had better prepare himself to be taken out by every bit of lowlife in the NRL

Jono1987

Juniors
A few observations...
- Thought Merrin, Saffy, Thorby and Costigan were pretty good in a well beaten forward pack.
- Soward showed how much tougher he is in general and moreso in defence this year than last year.
- Kyle Stanley is a keeper.
- Thought Boyd looked really tired but he just kept going all day. Was really happy to see his elation after the 2nd Stanley try. After comming from the high of Origin back to a club footy match and show that emotion was good to see.

Scum played really well, had they been playing a team with lesser defence I think they probably would have won. Either way it was a good hit-out for us in preparation for the Tigpies. Really looking forward to getting out to Kogarah on Friday and giving them a bit of a lesson.

gonzerelli

Juniors
I had to laugh so hard when the ground announcer went through this routine:

Gimme an S! H! A! R! K! S!
What does that spell?
Sharkies!!!

Um, no, it really doesn't...

big pat

Coach
A few observations...
- Thought Merrin, Saffy, Thorby and Costigan were pretty good in a well beaten forward pack.
- Soward showed how much tougher he is in general and moreso in defence this year than last year.
- Kyle Stanley is a keeper.
- Thought Boyd looked really tired but he just kept going all day. Was really happy to see his elation after the 2nd Stanley try. After comming from the high of Origin back to a club footy match and show that emotion was good to see.

Scum played really well, had they been playing a team with lesser defence I think they probably would have won. Either way it was a good hit-out for us in preparation for the Tigpies. Really looking forward to getting out to Kogarah on Friday and giving them a bit of a lesson.

might have to have a word with you friday night, so you can explain, pretty good in a well beaten pack, our forwards tackled themselves into the ground, priddis would have been just behind creagh for mom voting,costigan i thought had his best game since his injury, merrin is just getting better all the time, it was hell of a gutsy effort yesterday, i think we should all be proud.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm with you Pat. That was one of the gutiest efforts I've seen from any forward pack this year. They were digging so deep at times I thought they'd end up in China.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Gallen's blow up over his double movement makes me laugh. He is a sook and a grub. Foxsports never showed the original vision of Gallen's attempt which clearly showed it was a double movement. Great defensive effort yet again. Need to step up the attack and make yards up the middle again.

Ditto the B-Moz try. Once they showed the angle where it was obvious Benny Creagh got nowhere near the ball. Haven't seen that angle since.

^^^^^^

Same as the angle which clearly showed Gallen's "try" was a blatant double movement - they only showed that once too. Just watched the replay on Fox - the most godawful commentary I have heard in a long time.

Jono1987

Juniors
might have to have a word with you friday night, so you can explain, pretty good in a well beaten pack, our forwards tackled themselves into the ground, priddis would have been just behind creagh for mom voting,costigan i thought had his best game since his injury, merrin is just getting better all the time, it was hell of a gutsy effort yesterday, i think we should all be proud.

Well I was comming from the perspective that at least to me, it appeared the scum forwards made more metres and got their team into better field position than our boys did. Admittely that was helped by some penalties, but I was more than happy with how the entire team defended. I'm just too use to our boys rolling over other packs and dominating with defence at the same time!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Did you guys see Barrett in the after game interview, He says we can compete with Them??? Them ay you scum, forgot your former Club Already, Remember you Joined the Sharks to win a Grand final, suck sh*t you merkin.
PS, what makes this win so much more sweat is that your retiring and since you joined the sharks you haven't beaten the Saints, on you bike Barrett

Latest posts