What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints v Storm round 21... teams

Godz Illa

Coach
Just pre-empting things to keep both teams discussion in the same thread. Melbourne team has been named. Looks close to full strength with the exception of Blair

1 Slater
2 Turner
3 Inglis
4 Chambers
5 Tomane
6 Finch
7 Cronk
8 White
9 Smith
10 Lima
11 Manu
12 Hoffman
13 Johnson

14 Hinchcliffe
15 Anderson
16 Tolman
17 Cross

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

Saints

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Chase Stanley
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby ©
8. Justin Poore
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Dean Young
12. Ben Creagh
13. Neville Costigan

14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Luke Priddis
17. Jarrod Saffy
18. Nick Emmett
21. Jon Green

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=18798

Last edited:
I'll never forget the way Lima and Blair were carrying on against poor old Soward in that big fight last year.

How sweet it would be to belt these bastards!

Not going to be easy though, they have a good line up across the park

MattYg1

Bench
I think we have them covered when it comes to team on paper... particularly on the bench...

The only thing that matters is that the same consistent, disciplined and intellegent dragons squad turns up then i have little to no concerns about Melbourne...

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Dragons Team

St George Illawarra Dragons
1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Chase Stanley
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Justin Poore
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Dean Young
12. Ben Creagh
13. Neville Costigan

Interchange:
14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Luke Priddis
17. Jarrod Saffy
18. Nick Emmett
21. Jon Green

Dragons Media Release

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
still no cooper.. damn.. i would have loved to see him go up against inglis..

big_dell

Juniors
Dragons Team

St George Illawarra Dragons
1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Chase Stanley
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Justin Poore
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weyman
11. Dean Young
12. Ben Creagh
13. Neville Costigan

Interchange:
14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Luke Priddis
17. Jarrod Saffy
18. Nick Emmett
21. Jon Green

Dragons Media Release

Still no smith and cooper!

chase stood up last week but coops is a big loss

is smith ever gunna come back!! its a big difference from him being "close" to playing against manly and now 3 weeks alter still not playing

dragonfire

Bench
Seriously I again doubt the likelihood that Fien starts. No room on the bench for Priddis. Hunt to start with Priddis and Prior dropping off teh bench. Emmett will lose his place if Cooper makes a late inclusion into the team.

Godz Illa

Coach
Good to see Matty Prior back! If he gets back, that is. Jeremy Smith and Matt Cooper have struggled with the curse of being named in the team line-up several times this year

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Gameplan,

Second phase play at a premium beside coming off our line anywhere past the 40yard line backrowers and second phase ball runners must be at full throttle.
When in our red zone , hooker must scoot 2-3 meters and have full paced fowards with decoys a plenty
High kicks must be at Tomane all night , the deeper ones make Turner piruette ...when we must kick to Slater kick it dead...
In defence just keep niggling Smith till he gets sick of it and ball playing is sh*t furthermore remember Melbourne's game is based off there circle of forwards from there line , must get a umbrella style around them at the start turn them off there game , to there credit Cronk will most probably try the chip and chase but with Morris keeping them honest dont expect Bellamy to utalise it to much...
Inglis will not be unleashed untill they feel comfortable they have space , which we cannot afford to give them , keep pushing and make sure there bigger players are on the back , melbourne cannot handle frustration well and if we get to them penalties will come.

Just on that note , I was thinking if this was a GF I wouldve brought a no name from Shellharbour into the frey knocked Smiths head off , have him into la la land the player will get sent off but hey thats what ya gotta do to win a gf!

big_dell

Juniors
Gameplan,

Second phase play at a premium beside coming off our line anywhere past the 40yard line backrowers and second phase ball runners must be at full throttle.
When in our red zone , hooker must scoot 2-3 meters and have full paced fowards with decoys a plenty
High kicks must be at Tomane all night , the deeper ones make Turner piruette ...when we must kick to Slater kick it dead...
In defence just keep niggling Smith till he gets sick of it and ball playing is sh*t furthermore remember Melbourne's game is based off there circle of forwards from there line , must get a umbrella style around them at the start turn them off there game , to there credit Cronk will most probably try the chip and chase but with Morris keeping them honest dont expect Bellamy to utalise it to much...
Inglis will not be unleashed untill they feel comfortable they have space , which we cannot afford to give them , keep pushing and make sure there bigger players are on the back , melbourne cannot handle frustration well and if we get to them penalties will come.

Just on that note , I was thinking if this was a GF I wouldve brought a no name from Shellharbour into the frey knocked Smiths head off , have him into la la land the player will get sent off but hey thats what ya gotta do to win a gf!

is that you, wayne?? wait, no, i can't be, your talking about the GF!

Bring back choc

Juniors
This will be real tough. I still dont love the way our bench looks, although it does look marginally better than storms. Really need smith and Paea back quickly i reckon. We'll be tested big time on friday (obviously). I must say i am very nervous about this game.

dragonfire

Bench
to be honest i think if our forwards can contrl the middle of the field, especially in defence we will win this.

trudge

Bench
We've got them in the halves, wings, bench and kicking, .
If our forwards set the platform we'll do this fading mob.

Latest posts