What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints vs Easts - REPLAY

Dragonheart

Juniors
Already captured it to the HDD on my server (as I am with all the games back to 1992), as an SVCD MPG.

Definately a keeper though, last night:)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dragonheart said:
Already captured it to the HDD on my server (as I am with all the games back to 1992), as an SVCD MPG.

WTF are you on about??!!

One more time for the Luddites...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've been taping games since about 94. Anywhere we can download those Dragonheart?

Dragonheart

Juniors
:D:D What I meant was that I still have Dragons TV games going back to 1992 (and a few things prior to that) and I have been ripping them to one of the hard drives on my server.

I started out turning them into DVDs, but it became too time consuming, so now I just capture the game from video, and render it as a 'Super VCD' in MPG format. I have a 200Gb drive for them, at 1.5 Gb to 2Gb each, very nice to watch, but you need to play them from a PC, or off DVD disc on a player capable of reading video files.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragonheart, if they're on a remote server and if you have links, and if you want, we can have them linked to Jubilee Avenue.
That's a lot of 'ifs'. lol

Dragonheart

Juniors
Unfortunately, no. They are on my local server, and with file sizes that big there's no way I could do it online as I only have 500Mb of space on my webserver. I'd have no problem FTPing them up to a server somewhere (or at least some) if somebody has the facilities to host them.

Even if I put a different game each week onto such a host, and they would be available for download. I have absolutely no problem sharing, if we could work out a place to put them.

I have a static IP etc, but as I run an internet radio station I couldn't host them at my end because the bandwitdh traffic would interfere with the station.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragonheart said:
Unfortunately, no. They are on my local server, and with file sizes that big there's no way I could do it online as I only have 500Mb of space on my webserver. I'd have no problem FTPing them up to a server somewhere (or at least some) if somebody has the facilities to host them.

Even if I put a different game each week onto such a host, and they would be available for download. I have absolutely no problem sharing, if we could work out a place to put them.

I have a static IP etc, but as I run an internet radio station I couldn't host them at my end because the bandwitdh traffic would interfere with the station.
Sounds like you're a busy fella. Let us know if you ever want to talk in regards to LU B2B.

I'll see how much space we've got. LU has two servers and heaps of room. But as you know, video is very heavy. If you could give me a ball park figure of how large the files are, we'll see if its possible. PM me if you like.
Cheers.

I would love to be able to d/l 99 Quater Final against Easts at the SFS or the 96 final against Norths.

I've got a number of games on tape such as R2K, the back-to-back rd 26 and quater final games v Newcastle, the showground final against the Dogs, our win over Brisbane at the SFS and a few others.

Dragonheart

Juniors
Willow,

Files are between 1.5 and 2 Gb, as an MPG. SVCD is good as it gives descent quality and means I can back them up 2 games per DVD-R disc. I'm only working on 1 box at the moment (there are two boxes) so , for instance, it is rendering Round 18 from the 2000 season, as I type this (50 - 4 over the Storm at WIN).

When I get to the earlier games some of them will be a smaller file size (remember the 45 minutes of edited highlights on a Sunday evening?).

And yeah, I'm kept pretty busy:)

Apart from Dragons games I also am working my way through 20 years of the V8 race in Bathurst. On top of that there is running the radio station, time for the family, and.....I know there's something else.....OH YEAH!.....work:)

Dragonheart

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:
I would love to be able to d/l 99 Quater Final against Easts at the SFS or the 96 final against Norths.

I've got a number of games on tape such as R2K, the back-to-back rd 26 and quater final games v Newcastle, the showground final against the Dogs, our win over Brisbane at the SFS and a few others.

I see no reason, at this point, why I wouldn't have all of those games, it will just take some time to get to them.

BoldShane

Juniors
Saint 60 said:
yuppers...got the tape ready

this is a keeper :)

I heard on the grapevine or the newspaper that Ricko (Ricketson) said the Roosters were still the team other teams feared :roll:

Looks like The Saints were scared sh*tless to the tune of 44-6 :?

The team other teams still fear huh?....... Gimme a break

Bring on '06 !!!![-o<

We Roosters are now officially "shot ducks"

The way things are going, the Knights will leapfrog us

BoldShane

NOT BlondeShane!!!

(Some knucklehead Saints-supporter keeps calling me "BlondeShane")

Southernsaint

Staff member
After watching the replay last night, had a few observations:

* Easts laid all over us in the ruck, they didn't get penalised for it nearly enough.

* They can only maintain their trademark "tough" defence for about half an hour now, before they drop their intensity.

* The opposition fears Ben Creaugh. Third week in a row I've seen a player go out of their way to avoid him in the defensive line.

* We will miss Bails dearly. He is all effort, note the way he chased Roberts all the way after the intercept. That was a 1%er.

* GASNIER IS GOD!!

Saint 60

Juniors
BoldShane said:
I heard on the grapevine or the newspaper that Ricko (Ricketson) said the Roosters were still the team other teams feared :roll:

Looks like The Saints were scared sh*tless to the tune of 44-6 :?

The team other teams still fear huh?....... Gimme a break

Bring on '06 !!!![-o<

We Roosters are now officially "shot ducks"

The way things are going, the Knights will leapfrog us

BoldShane

NOT BlondeShane!!!

(Some knucklehead Saints-supporter keeps calling me "BlondeShane")

Hey Blondie
I heard Ricko was offered another year - if he takes it he may be able to say it again next year lol - but he did say it. The press probibly blew a lot of it up
to suit themselves...

Still a chance for ya...yas aint in the #Dead Chook Position# just yet tho..
bring on next week :)
Cheers bud

gregstar

Referee
39 / 41 completions

that's the reason we won.

no one will come close to us if we reproduce that stat this year

alive103

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:

Denis,

I have copies of both of those games on video if you had a way of dubbing them.

On the Norths tape is the second half of the win in Newcastle in '99 when Choc used brilliant footwork to set up the last try.

That 2002 Newcastle tape is what I kept watching when we were 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 and 0-4, then 1-5 this year. It reminded me why I support this club. Plenty of pain followed by glimmers of good!

Latest posts