What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints vs Easts - REPLAY

Southernsaint

Staff member
Alive, I have seen this el cheapo VCR at the shops that I am intending to buy for the distinct purpose of dubbing your vids...

If only the DrugCastle game could show the images of the crying Grannies after Bails "broke our Joey's back"...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Southernsaint said:
If only the DrugCastle game could show the images of the crying Grannies after Bails "broke our Joey's back"...

LOL, one of his finest moments. Can't believe they managed to sook a penalty out of it.

Then he got the other one the week after ;-)

alive103 said:
Denis,

I have copies of both of those games on video if you had a way of dubbing them.

On the Norths tape is the second half of the win in Newcastle in '99 when Choc used brilliant footwork to set up the last try.

That 2002 Newcastle tape is what I kept watching when we were 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 and 0-4, then 1-5 this year. It reminded me why I support this club. Plenty of pain followed by glimmers of good!

Excellent!

I'll play around with the vcr's and see what can be done.

I agree it's all the pain and suffering that makes those moments the sweetest.

Those two Newcastle matches where great affairs. The rd26 game had one of the best pre-match physce-ups The Army had put on in years. When you watch the video you can hear the fans going nuts as the commentators are running through the line-ups, well before the players even stepped foot on the ground. And then at the end Thommo running up to us kissing his badge and giving it the big Rick Flair whooo :thumn

alive103

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Excellent!

I'll play around with the vcr's and see what can be done.

I agree it's all the pain and suffering that makes those moments the sweetest.

Those two Newcastle matches where great affairs. The rd26 game had one of the best pre-match physce-ups The Army had put on in years. When you watch the video you can hear the fans going nuts as the commentators are running through the line-ups, well before the players even stepped foot on the ground. And then at the end Thommo running up to us kissing his badge and giving it the big Rick Flair whooo :thumn

When Nathan Tutt scored in front of the Army to make it 26-6 against Newcastle that day, it was just bedlam... the Army went mental. We gave Reserve Grade a standing ovation after they wiped the floor with Newcastle. I think most of us were on a high that we were going back to Kogarah and the Farrar reign was almost over.

I remember having to work during the day of the Newcastle semi... finishing at 4 and heading up from Campbelltown..... I got there at 7.15 and most of the game we were crouching, it was that packed. You can see Rylesy on that footage before the game blowing his whistle doing a dance as an overgrown 14 year old..... and then behind the sheds was fantastic.

SS,

Stop being an Eastern Suburbs tight arse and buy a crappy VCR.

Rexxy

Coach
Its on again today (thursday) at the hangover friendly time of 3pm...

Southernsaint said:
The replay of last night's game is on Fox Sports One at 3pm today (Saturday)...

TDK

Juniors
I have been trying to tape as many games as possible this year. I then went out and bought one of those DVD Recorders and I have been burning the tapes onto DVD. They turn out pretty good actually.

Rexxy

Coach
I have a dream.

That we create a tape tree out of all the tapes fans have collected over the years. i reckon there is probably only 400 games on tape. How good would it be and go to a website and order one of those games, and all you'd have to do is supply another tape in return...

like this site, except swap the name Bob Dylan for the Mighty Dragons...

dylantree.org

TDK said:
I have been trying to tape as many games as possible this year. I then went out and bought one of those DVD Recorders and I have been burning the tapes onto DVD. They turn out pretty good actually.