What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints Vs Manly report

MC

Juniors
Garts said:
MC said:
MONY said:
MC said:
chileman said:
And what's your honest opinion on how Manly went????

Manly and Canberra will fight it out for the spoon IMO

your a deadset idiot mate.......... manly have a strong team this year and they have shown more than enough in the trial games to suggest that they wont finish last........ souths to get the spoon for sure......... as for the raiders they still have some decent players and will just miss the 8

LOL we'll see what happends :)

Smith and Withers as Canberra halves does not seem to "decent" to me. Whilst Manly having a strong team is laughable.

If you believe that showed a lot of promise in the trial game on Saturday night then it is highly obvious that you were nowhere near Albion Park.

They will struggle and they will struggle to the max.

so you have obviously been keeping up on Manlys progress over the offseason to make that comment.

As i said

I was at the Albion Park game

Garts

Bench
MC said:
Garts said:
MC said:
MONY said:
MC said:
chileman said:

your a deadset idiot mate.......... manly have a strong team this year and they have shown more than enough in the trial games to suggest that they wont finish last........ souths to get the spoon for sure......... as for the raiders they still have some decent players and will just miss the 8

LOL we'll see what happends :)

Smith and Withers as Canberra halves does not seem to "decent" to me. Whilst Manly having a strong team is laughable.

If you believe that showed a lot of promise in the trial game on Saturday night then it is highly obvious that you were nowhere near Albion Park.

They will struggle and they will struggle to the max.

so you have obviously been keeping up on Manlys progress over the offseason to make that comment.

As i said

I was at the Albion Park game

ok, but that was based on one game!!!

so based on your thinking the Dragons should struggle as by the sounds of it they got beaten by a very poor Manly side. I know your guys had quite a few missing but in reality that wont change once the season starts as a lot of your players are very injury prone and I have no doubt Gasnier, Ryles, Bailey & Barrett will all be on the sidelines for extensive periods this season. I have a feeling come seasons end Manly and St George wont be that far apart on the premiership table. Unless of course your guys find some consistency and can avoid the injuries.

I hope you guys do well this year as I dont mind the Dragons, especially when playing well!!! Just hope you dont go well against the Mighty Eagles :shock:

borat

Bench
Garts said:

so based on your thinking the Dragons should struggle as by the sounds of it they got beaten by a very poor Manly side. I know your guys had quite a few missing but in reality that wont change once the season starts as a lot of your players are very injury prone and I have no doubt Gasnier, Ryles, Bailey & Barrett will all be on the sidelines for extensive periods this season. I have a feeling come seasons end Manly and St George wont be that far apart on the premiership table. Unless of course your guys find some consistency and can avoid the injuries.

I hope you guys do well this year as I dont mind the Dragons, especially when playing well!!! Just hope you dont go well against the Mighty Eagles :shock:

Garts,

I think you are being a bit precious here. Unless MC has got a grudge against Manly you have the unbiased opinion of an opposition supporter who saw a Manly trial. Which was what you asked, you just didn't like the answer.

Garts

Bench
borat said:
Garts said:

Garts,

I think you are being a bit precious here. Unless MC has got a grudge against Manly you have the unbiased opinion of an opposition supporter who saw a Manly trial. Which was what you asked, you just didn't like the answer.

nah not being precious, just up for a bit of a chat, banter etc with oposition fans.

I dont think I asked his opinion of how Manly went, another one of us must have. I just saw the response and thought I would comment, hard to write a team off from 1 trial, my opinion anyway!!! each to their own though :D

chileman

Coach
Garts said:
nah not being precious, just up for a bit of a chat, banter etc with oposition fans.

I dont think I asked his opinion of how Manly went, another one of us must have. I just saw the response and thought I would comment, hard to write a team off from 1 trial, my opinion anyway!!! each to their own though :D
I asked his opinion actually........looking forward to egg on his face but hey, I'm a Manly supporter, of course I'm going to say that......like Garts, I like good hearted banter :D

Southernsaint

Staff member
Newcastle are a possibility. I'd be extremly surprised should Saints be bottom at the end of the season...

Wobbygong

First Grade
Manly are still a joke and will come back to earth with a big thud, but probably not until after they beat the current tragic Dragons side on Saturday night.

Fluffy

Juniors
you obviously havnt seen them play.

They are not flashy - not freaky or flukeish. They are a good solid side with a very tight defence and high level of fitness.

BK and Tezza have done wonders and a few others have stepped up - watmough has been following BK around everywhere and has improved 200%. I think this talk about a blues jersey for him is premature but he is becoming one of the better backrowers in the game.

chileman

Coach
Wobbygong said:
Manly are still a joke and will come back to earth with a big thud, but probably not until after they beat the current tragic Dragons side on Saturday night.
Well I'm not to sure about us being a joke but if start to think we are the confort zone we can/will come down to earth with a thud....just feel something different this season and as Fluffy said, alot of that has to do with our defense!

Garts

Bench
MC said:
chileman said:

hahaha, well Manly & Canberra are fighting for something. Not the spoon though.

who is last placed by the way :p

11Straight

Juniors
Garts said:
MC said:
chileman said:

Ah yes we are the march wooden spooners and deservedly playing with heart that is the equivalent of driving a b-double with a mini minor motor,But im pretty sure we will have you boys covered and then some come the end of 26 rounds.

Garts

Bench
RED_WHITE_DYNAMITE_04 said:
Garts said:
MC said:
chileman said:

Ah yes we are the march wooden spooners and deservedly playing with heart that is the equivalent of driving a b-double with a mini minor motor,But im pretty sure we will have you boys covered and then some come the end of 26 rounds.

could do, but I am confident or should I say hoping that will not be the case. very big 3 weeks for your boys!!!! could end up 0 & 7

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Sorry Saints but I think Manly have a tougher mindset at the moment.They know how hard you have to play to win a game. You have to be both mentally and phisically prepared to win in this comp.

Latest posts