What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary cap forcing Feleti Mateo out

Liam

Juniors
All the while glazing over the fact there was a little ol thing going on called a super league war!.Besides you bought the exact same amount of blokes at the end of 08 to play in the 09 season.Jamaal farkin idris is your only junior in that 1st grade squad.....Bred not bought my farkin left one

Idris isn't exactly a Bulldogs junior.

mickdo

Coach
Can someone please highlight how many Parra Juniors we have in our team compared to Puppy Dog juniors they have?

The definition of a junior is a bit vague, but I reckon Parra has 13 of the likely starting 17 that were Parra juniors. The Dogs wouldn't even come close.

Hayne
Hindy
Reddy
Grothe
Cayless
Inu
Robson
Smith
Mortimer
Mateo
Mannah
Matt Keating
Kris Keating

Stagger eel

Staff member
The definition of a junior is a bit vague, but I reckon Parra has 13 of the likely starting 17 that were Parra juniors. The Dogs wouldn't even come close.

Hayne
Hindy
Reddy
Grothe
Cayless
Inu
Robson
Smith
Mortimer
Mateo
Mannah
Matt Keating
Kris Keating

this is where the vague bit comes in, there's an arguement to suggest that Hindy, Reddy, Grothe (That's right), robo, Smith and Mortimer are not local juniors but have gone through our development system.

Gronk

Staff member
this is where the vague bit comes in, there's an arguement to suggest that Hindy, Reddy, Grothe (That's right), robo, Smith and Mortimer are not local juniors but have gone through our development system.

That's what I thought. Once upon a time clubs had a 13 import rule. Note sure if that many qualify under that criteria.

Delboy

First Grade
Still not a bad result, Hayne, Inu, Mateo, Cayless, M Keating, K Keating and Mannah.

If we count Idris in the Dogs juniors as he went through their developoment system, we can add most of our team

84 Baby

Referee
Still not a bad result, Hayne, Inu, Mateo, Cayless, M Keating, K Keating and Mannah.

If we count Idris in the Dogs juniors as he went through their developoment system, we can add most of our team
Even if you take out the Kiwis from the above list, that still leaves 5. If you use the same criteria on the Bulldogs likely first 17 you get Jarrad Hickey (if he even makes the starting squad)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Even if you take out the Kiwis from the above list, that still leaves 5. If you use the same criteria on the Bulldogs likely first 17 you get Jarrad Hickey (if he even makes the starting squad)

why would you take out the Kiwis?

Cayless was born here and Inu has been here since he was a kid

mickdo

Coach

I didn't think we were talking about local juniors, just Parra juniors

eels81236

Bench
And your point is?????????????????

Terry, I don't think he has an actual point perse.. Nor does he really need one for that matter. I think he was posting the article as it is relevant to the discussion. I have been wrong once before though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Terry, I don't think he has an actual point perse.. Nor does he really need one for that matter. I think he was posting the article as it is relevant to the discussion. I have been wrong once before though.

don't worry

some people are a bit slow

It is funny isn't it? You wouldn't even be discussing this topic if it wasn't for last year. First signs of hope are warm feelings, I must admit. I suppose you should be allowed to enjoy a little success every now and then, even if it was only 2nd place.
I really don't hate the Eels at all. The discussion was about Mateo going to the Dogs.
Somehow it diverted to this discussion about how many juniors are at your club - and born not bred.

Obviously it helps to talk about things that make you feel happy - are most of you guys under 15 years?:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
It is funny isn't it? You wouldn't even be discussing this topic if it wasn't for last year. First signs of hope are warm feelings, I must admit. I suppose you should be allowed to enjoy a little success every now and then, even if it was only 2nd place.
I really don't hate the Eels at all. The discussion was about Mateo going to the Dogs.
Somehow it diverted to this discussion about how many juniors are at your club - and born not bred.

Obviously it helps to talk about things that make you feel happy - are most of you guys under 15 years?:)

I think you'd also find that many here enjoyed the premiership winning sides, including myself.

I think the point some people are trying to make is that we as a club weren't naive and stupid enough to promote a T-shirt related to producing juniors....in hindsight it was one of the dumbest things since...mmm!! well, cheating the sallary cap maybe???

Snoochies

First Grade
I actually really enjoy it in here, I don't ever feel the need to dive into other teams forums and talk it up. Must be sense of satisfaction within our club. :D