What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap to be risen $199,999.99 in 2010 onwards...

hellteam

First Grade
If Gallop has made the comment and is reported accurately (which has been an issue on this scandal) - Melbourne Storm are supposedly $100k over for 2006 and 2007, $400k for 2008, $700k for 2009, this means that Storm could argue for the 2007 premiership.

If Gallop made the comment and the 2007 number is accurate, this would be another case of foot-in-mouth for him on this matter.

No it couldn't. Many of those players would have been paid back-ended contracts promising more money in the years to come after 2007. So they still got those players illegally.

You guys really need to give it up.

True that, all this crap about other clubs going over by heaps,but it all bein ok coz it was an accident is rubbish. Do these clubs have monkeys runnin their books? unless they fess up in the season they are over (ie had to sign another player because of injury or something) they shouldn't win a thing. You can't determine how much over a club spends will win them a premiership so make it if they are found just over they're out. no one would be fined again for a cap breach coz they would keep the books tight, unless they tried to hide it like the storm
and quite often they do come forward and admit it juggling the salary cap is complicated its easy to go over if your circumstances change (injuries, bonuses, backloaded contracts etc)

dollyhands

Juniors
and quite often they do come forward and admit it juggling the salary cap is complicated its easy to go over if your circumstances change (injuries, bonuses, backloaded contracts etc)
agree, but i say only if they come forward, then the nrl gives concession for the honesty

Stormroolz

Juniors
agree, but i say only if they come forward, then the nrl gives concession for the honesty
Simmplifie the hole thing? The cap is aganst fare trade, everywun nows it? Abbolish the cap and let suvivial of the fitness take hold? Finnally the supper leage is delivered, allbeyit 15 yeers late?

bileduct

Coach
Simmplifie the hole thing? The cap is aganst fare trade, everywun nows it? Abbolish the cap and let suvivial of the fitness take hold? Finnally the supper leage is delivered, allbeyit 15 yeers late?
You're right.

Let's remove the cap.

Let's also remove the News Limited funding and let clubs stand on their own.

Bye bye Cheats.

dollyhands

Juniors
Are you Chinese?:crazy: man, I'm a real bad speller, but my head almost exploded:shock: