What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Its all the perks that comes with it, it's not just the money. If it's such a shit job why does every man and his dog try and get on the board and do whatever it takes to stay there????

Or drag the club down after they are out of the picture???

Dunno. This is all too depressing to deal with today TBH.

I hope that the whistle-blowers are happy. Revenge or whatever they set out to achieve must feel great.

I hope they are not expecting pats on the back for this. Most fans would hope that they burn in hell I expect.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
+ 1. What's cushy about being on a Board which is constantly being white-anted by merkins ?

Must be the $15,000 pa honorarium and free pies and crownies at home games. :sarcasm:

Yeah they've certainly got their snouts in the trough. :roll:

IFR33K

Coach
That would sum up being a parramatta supporter watching them struggle on the field for 7 years then to finally have a quality football team to support only to have season taken away from them and us fans will be incredibly frustrating and disappointing

Yep. Place is cursed,I kid you not

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its all the perks that comes with it, it's not just the money. If it's such a shit job why does every man and his dog try and get on the board and do whatever it takes to stay there????

Or drag the club down after they are out of the picture???

Because they love the club and genuinely believe they'll do a better job than any other candidate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Because they love the club and genuinely believe they'll do a better job than any other candidate.
yeah, I'm sure thats the only reason.

They all the love the club so much, have a look at the behaviour of past boards to see hoooooooow much they love the club. And if this board has the option to stand down and save us losing points we will see how much they really love the club as much as you and them claim......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it just as simple as the board stepping down to save us from losing points??

Because if it is its a no brainer and thru should fall on their swords for the good of the club.

What if standing down means several years of an even worse board? What if we lost our coach and ability to recruit/retain at a competitive level? Is losing all that worth keeping four points in the short term?

Now obviously we don't know how much worse a new board would be but if that's the way the board sees it then you can understand why a loss of points is a small price to pay for stability.

Avenger

Immortal
And that's why PLC members need to take the lead and not let the NRL remove points.
But it is easier just to be outraged on the internet... (and that wasn't aimed at you in particular).

So if some board members step down we don't lose points?

Delboy

First Grade
3things
1.With Greenberg in charge , there was never a chance that the club would be treated fairly
2. Were the major issues from 3014 as described previously, before this board took effective charge
3. Why would the board standing down impact the punishment, that makes no sense at all, its either a punishment or it's not

ash411

Bench
3things
1.With Greenberg in charge , there was never a chance that the club would be treated fairly
2. Were the major issues from 3014 as described previously, before this board took effective charge
3. Why would the board standing down impact the punishment, that makes no sense at all, its either a punishment or it's not

Agreed. If the board stepping down is a condition of whether we lose points or not, then it is obviously an attempt to remove the board, not to punish for any wrong doing, if it was, then we would be losing points regardless of who is in charge.

The cops don't forgive a speeding fine if you switch seats with the driver after they pull you over..

Kornstar

Coach
Meh. Bring it on. Just hurry the f**k up and get it over and done with so we can get on with supporting the team.

For all the "evidence" and smoking guns etc. why is it taking so long? Just announce the punishment.

They took 6 months to find a CEO who didn't even apply for the job, these guys don't even know how to administer the entire game, who punishes them for being useless?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately for us i think greenberg will want to make a statement that he wont be pushed around and any allegations that have been in the media prove true i have a bad feeling they will rub enough points off us to rule out any chance of us making finals

well they got pushed around by the media in forcing a second investigation

Gronk

Staff member
So if true the first indication is wooden spoon betting is suspended. Any evidence of this ?

emjaycee

Coach
Let's hope it's only Watmough's 3rd party deal and we can fit it in the cap this year.
At least if it is only his deal that is the issue then it's not huge and maybe we can fit in or get a small fine, at worst lose 4 pts. 4pts we could handle anymore than that and we might struggle to make the 8.

It's probably not just Watmough's deal.
Didn't the Telecrap publish something about an apartment in Dundas that we being used by Richie and Semi at different times and they continue to talk about Hayne's $39k.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if more things come to light before this is over.

Not that I am presuming that any players or player managers have done anything wrong in this of course.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So if true the first indication is wooden spoon betting is suspended. Any evidence of this ?

So far there is no evidence of anything.

Some of you guys need to be very careful of what you are alleging. IF you are unsure, then ask.

If I have to keep deleting posts this thread will be locked or removed.

Snoochies

First Grade
So far there is no evidence of anything.

Some of you guys need to be very careful of what you are alleging. IF you are unsure, then ask.

If I have to keep deleting posts this thread will be locked or removed.

Only 1 more comment after this will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts