What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
3 articles in the past 2 weeks from the smh about our salary cap. I have no inside information but it seems to me like the nrl is leaking little bits of information about TPA or governance to either put pressure on us about the recommendations. Or setting up the hammer so when they take the 4 pts off us it wont be unexpected or have come out of the blue.
Spot on, no doubts they are leaking this to put pressure on the club to bow to their demands.

phantom eel

First Grade
SMH article linked by El D said:
Despite switching to the NFL with a year to run on his Parramatta contract, Hayne was paid $52,000 last year to promote the Eels during his cross-code odyssey.
So Jarryd was paid $52,000 for the stage managed "Eel 4 Life" press conference - and that $52,000 came out of our cap money...? :sarcasm

phantom eel

First Grade
Or perhaps elements of the media have it in for the current board?

Media that could be being fed stories by disgruntled factions who want power at Parra... :sarcasm.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Media that could be being fed stories by disgruntled factions who want power at Parra... :sarcasm.
This is cleary being drip fed by the NRL, but but but but the spags boogy man is still lurking around the corner.......

emjaycee

Coach

Or media that could be fed stories by disgruntled employees (past or present) who want their perception of justice...

phantom eel

First Grade
This is cleary being drip fed by the NRL, but but but but the spags boogy man is still lurking around the corner.......
How so? Proszenko doesn't have any contacts there, but we know where he does have contacts....
Or media that could be fed stories by disgruntled employees (past or present) who want their perception of justice...
Interesting... and possible too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How so? Proszenko doesn't have any contacts there, but we know where he does have contacts....

Interesting... and possible too.
Do your sources tell you what contacts Proshenks has with the NRL???

All this info looks like it has come from the governance review, how many past and disgruntled employees would have that sort of info??? And if they did why would they wait to release it till now???? Is there another election around the corner????

phantom eel

First Grade
Do yours?
All this info looks like it has come from the governance review,
Does it? Isn't the review into governance and future cap management, rather than investigating tiny details of historical potential cap breaches? You don't have to have seen the NRL's draft governance review, to have had information in your possession about which companies were part of a players' 2014/2015 TPA arangements.

Have a look at the family name of the company owner here... and then think about which factions (or disgruntled past employees/players) wanted to destablise the involvement of certain people with the club, for political purposes.

emjaycee

Coach

All this info looks like it has come from the governance review, how many past and disgruntled employees would have that sort of info??? And if they did why would they wait to release it till now???? Is there another election around the corner????

I reckon there would be a heap of people who would have this kind of info in and around the club and I can think of 2 who left in about June 2015 that would have known this. How many are disgruntled? Well the 2 that left in June would be as would any others who may have been misled or had a promise reneged on.

As to why now - well with 26 days until the deadline for the governance review changes to be accepted this is a good time to put pressure on the Board/Club to accept the recommendations of the review or lose 4 points. And losing 4 points would cause carry over angst into the 2017 elections if there wasn't one called earlier.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon there would be a heap of people who would have this kind of info in and around the club and I can think of 2 who left in about June 2015 that would have known this. How many are disgruntled? Well the 2 that left in June would be as would any others who may have been misled or had a promise reneged on.

As to why now - well with 26 days until the deadline for the governance review changes to be accepted this is a good time to put pressure on the Board/Club to accept the recommendations of the review or lose 4 points. And losing 4 points would cause carry over angst into the 2017 elections if there wasn't one called earlier.
How ever which way you look at it it's a f**king mess, i reckon we are being unfairly targeted but at the end of the day we wouldn't be in this mess if we had of been doing the right thing. We have brought this on ourselves but if we do manage to lose the 4 points heads should roll.

Problem is are these recommendations the best thing for the club going forward?? I'm not so sure.

Dibs

Bench

Seems like a good point. I don't vote but if I did I don't think I'd vote for anyone on the board that seen us get a 4 point penalty at the start of the season. You would have to assume the board would know it would cost them votes and if pushed into a corner agree with just about anything to insure it doesn't happen.

Dibs

Bench
Sharp has had a lot of detractors on this site. Personally for the sake of consistency at the board level I have supported him all be it quietly. However if we start the season -4 and their were things he could have done to prevent it then I think I'd rather fitzy back. And that's hard to say as I have been a detractor of his for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.