What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Whats the ruling on this with Clubs NSW, the NRL have to remember that the board is the leagues club board, the leagues club board have to abide by the registered club act of NSW.
The Act may not allow for changes like that.
This could become be messy and end up in court.

Wouldnt the club's constitution not allow it to happen without a vote? The NRL can't force a club to break the law.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I agree it is almost impossible to win from 7th / 8th ( but will happen one day), but if we did manage to make 7th / 8th spot after losing 4 points we really would be a "true" 7th / 8 th side. Probably more like one of the form sides in the comp.

Exactly. There is so much stupid in this place.

Bigfella

Coach
So if a horse lugging 62kg gets beaten by one with 57 it was solely because the winner was the better horse?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I mean how hard is it to organise a TPA without a conflict of interest in one of the fastest growing cities in Aus??? Talk about stupidity.

emjaycee

Coach
Whats the ruling on this with Clubs NSW, the NRL have to remember that the board is the leagues club board, the leagues club board have to abide by the registered club act of NSW.
The Act may not allow for changes like that.
This could become be messy and end up in court.

Wouldnt the club's constitution not allow it to happen without a vote? The NRL can't force a club to break the law.

I would suggest that the NRL are well aware of the fact that changes to the Constitution require a vote of members and therefore would not be implemented until a future AGM. If we were to show them a 'plan' to implement the changes then I am confident they would be happy.

Conversely, without a PLC AGM and member vote, the Board could simply choose to change the Constitution of the PNRL P/L and make the changes the NRL want at that level. I am hearing that the problem there is that they (the NRL) want to separate the Boards (at least partially) and also separate the Chair. Not a popular recommendation I bet.

strider

Post Whore
We self reported remember?!! lol, what a bunch of morons!! Which other team self reports?
If there's something wrong you fix it but you don't put the club at jeopardy! Sharpe can't complain about constitutional reform now being dictated to us, as he's brought this upon us.

Instead of being happy and confident about the strong team we have we are worried about starting on -4 points. Nothing's changed under these idiots we are still in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

We prob have to self report cos there is always some disgruntled merkin hanging around with contacts willing to leak anything to the media

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So there is no correlation between weeks off in finals series and success in grand finals?

The two teams with a week off invariably finished top four. There's your correlation. So did the premiers win because they finished top four or because they had the week off?

I would suggest that the NRL are well aware of the fact that changes to the Constitution require a vote of members and therefore would not be implemented until a future AGM. If we were to show them a 'plan' to implement the changes then I am confident they would be happy.

Conversely, without a PLC AGM and member vote, the Board could simply choose to change the Constitution of the PNRL P/L and make the changes the NRL want at that level. I am hearing that the problem there is that they (the NRL) want to separate the Boards (at least partially) and also separate the Chair. Not a popular recommendation I bet.

Stop the leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.