What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary CRPA-MOYLAN AND ROBINSON TO PLAY FOR WINDSOR

Big Mick

Referee
With no disrespect for Robinson, but couldn't we drop him for Mansour and play Moylan since he is also part of second tier cap???

I think they are both at risk due to the fact that healthy players that are in the top 25 are playing for Windsor.

As Naiqama played fullback is seen as the player for that position and since he's been back a few weeks now, Moylan's cap number through bonuses keep increasing.

However with Robinson, he was in due to injury to Mansour and Josh has only been back 2 weeks (1 when we had the bye), as such Robinson is eligible I think for another week.

But it is a dumb rule and in all honesty I can't figure it out either but that's the best explanation I have when reading the rule.

HankScorpio

Juniors
I hope we cop the fine and play anyway. Team morale and keeping the new blood coming through is more important than maybe playing finals this year.

chrisD

Coach
People are suggesting this week, when we've been told not to, to go ahead and play Moylan and just write off whatever penalties occur, that I do not condone.

Black Majik

Juniors
So we could buy out Sowards 2013 contract before June 30 and he'd be fine to play but because Moylan wasn't in our top 25 he can't!?

Yeah...the NRL have a handle on things.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Has this ever happened before? To any club?

Insanity..young bloke wants to play and cannot because of a tier system..

Tigers at $4 plus look value now...Ciraldo FFS.

Black Majik

Juniors
That's because we have room in the first tier cap.

Yes. I understand. Just highlighting how we can sign a player for $500k for the rest of the year but we can't include a player who has played the past 3 weeks because another player is no longer injured :crazy:

Randy81

Juniors
That's because we have room in the first tier cap.

How come we cannot justover him across to 1st tier? Surely it happens all the time and we would have plenty of space. If it is because you can only have 25 not 26 than that would be even more ludicrous

Randy81

Juniors
Has this ever happened before? To any club?

Insanity..young bloke wants to play and cannot because of a tier system..

Tigers at $4 plus look value now...Ciraldo FFS.

I only recall teams being fined after the fact (I.e end of season) not during a season.
We are finally winning back some fans and looking good then this happens.....pfft well done nrl

franklin2323

Immortal
A stupid rule is still a rule and we shouldn't cheat.

Losing Coote & Latimore early on forcing us to use all the 2nd tier cap is different then cheating.

Using the NFL's rule. We would re-list Coote, Humble & Latimore then replace them so the full roster is still available.

MrAnonymous

Bench
How come we cannot justover him across to 1st tier? Surely it happens all the time and we would have plenty of space. If it is because you can only have 25 not 26 than that would be even more ludicrous
I would say that is the reason

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't understand why we can't just give Matt Moylan a pay rise or whatever like we recently did to Nigel Plum, and put him into our top squad. Aren't most NRL top squads more then 25 players? With 25 being minimum, but most stretching it to include about 30 players or so.

Why can't we just give him an NRL contract for this season? If we have room in our first grade cap, it's ridiculous that we can't give that money to one of the players we have had running around for years and who has earned it. Yet a bloke that has only ever set foot in Penrith to play against us could sign and play with us for the rest of the year.

zippee

Juniors
I don't understand why we can't just give Matt Moylan a pay rise or whatever like we recently did to Nigel Plum, and put him into our top squad.

I would assume that the lowest paid player currently in the top 25 would drop down to tier 2, hence we would still be over