What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess: Hands like two left feet

GraniteGuy

Juniors
I agree. I think that the weight of carrying the rest of the South's on his back throws him off balance every now and then :roll:

boxhead

First Grade
Burgess is awesome. What is scary about him is that most players who come from the ESL usually take a year to adjust to the NRL; he adjusted instantly and is already one of the best forwards in Rugby League, at the age of 21.
Absolutely incredible player, just imagine what he will be like when he hits his prime.....

Burgess is awesome. What is scary about him is that most players who come from the ESL usually take a year to adjust to the NRL; he adjusted instantly and is already one of the best forwards in Rugby League, at the age of 21.
Absolutely incredible player, just imagine what he will be like when he hits his prime.....

X2

Noa

First Grade
Jessica Biel has a black-forest thick minge, but do you see me complaining about it.

They're still the best players of the best forward pack in the league that will flatten you blokes round 1.

I heard that rumour this year too. Lucky for us it was just a rumour and before ya go on about ya injuries ya had none in round 1 last year other then Crocker.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I heard that rumour this year too. Lucky for us it was just a rumour and before ya go on about ya injuries ya had none in round 1 last year other then Crocker.

We're also very young. Some of our best players were our youngest, Luke, Burgess and Taylor amongst others are all young and rapidly improving. Asotasi finished the season much better than he started it, and he's been snubbed by the Kiwis so he has motivation for a big 2011. There are a lot of signs pointing to why Round 1 2011 should be much better than Round 1 2010. And there is a good reason why bookies have us as 3rd or 4th for the premiership next year. That's proof that confident Souths fans aren't crazy.

RHCP

Bench
We're also very young. Some of our best players were our youngest, Luke, Burgess, Taylor amongst others all are young and rapidly improving. Asotasi finished the season much better than he started it, and he's been snubbed by the Kiwis so he has motivation for a big 2011. There are a lot of signs pointing to why Round 1 2011 should be much better than Round 1 2010. And there is a good reason why bookies have us as 3rd or 4th for the premiership next year. That's proof that confident Souths fans aren't crazy.
Am I the only one experiencing a little bit of deja vu?

Frailty

First Grade
he does like to off load which does make him a dangerous forward, but with that comes potential mistakes. I hope the NRL doesn;t turn him into a plodding forward like Petro who just runs at the line everytime with no hope of an off load.

You don't watch Petro's game too closely do you.

He is one of few front rowers who use the ball a bit more. Petro in particular is extremely good at hitting, then spinning looking for an offload or pass.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I love it when idiots using Premiership betting odds to justify their stance on a team's chances

Bookies have a better track record than average fans. Unlike average fans, they usually know what they're talking about, and if popular opinion has us as a borderline top 8 team, and they have us as a contender, I know which one is more likely to be true.

Canard

Immortal
Newcastle were made favourites by all Bookies for the spoon this time last year, when the Wicks/Houston thing blew up.

They have also picked the Raiders for the spoon every second year since 2000.

When it comes to League, Ill take anything bookmakers say with a grain of salt.