What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess: Hands like two left feet

Chook Norris

First Grade
Bookies have a better track record than average fans. Unlike average fans, they usually know what they're talking about, and if popular opinion has us as a borderline top 8 team, and they have us as a contender, I know which one is more likely to be true.

we're more than just average league fan though.. :sarcasm:

BunniesMan

Immortal
we're more than just average league fan though.. :sarcasm:

I'm just saying if the majority opinion was right more often than the Bookies opinions, they wouldn't be as profitable as they are. They seem to be making plenty of money, so I'll follow the money and take note of what they have to say.

RWB

Bench
I'm just saying if the majority opinion was right more often than the Bookies opinions, they wouldn't be as profitable as they are. They seem to be making plenty of money, so I'll follow the money and take note of what they have to say.

sh*t that means you guys beat us Rd 1 this year :lol:

Bookies make such large profits because their bets always favour the house, the odds you see more often than not is just a reflection of their spread and where they want people putting their money.

Not to mention they're up against Gamblers, people who no matter how much they win will always but it straight back in.

At the end of the day they always know they're going to win so their objective is to make sure they don't have the potential to lose big on one event hence the spread. It's laughable to think that someone or some corporation with that bias in mind is the basis of why you think one team has a better chance than another.

BunniesMan

Immortal
sh*t that means you guys beat us Rd 1 this year :lol:

Bookies make such large profits because their bets always favour the house, the odds you see more often than not is just a reflection of their spread and where they want people putting their money.

Not to mention they're up against Gamblers, people who no matter how much they win will always but it straight back in.

At the end of the day they always know they're going to win so their objective is to make sure they don't have the potential to lose big on one event hence the spread. It's laughable to think that someone or some corporation with that bias in mind is the basis of why you think one team has a better chance than another.

So if Souths finish in the top 4 instead of the edge of the 8, will you admit me (and the bookies) know what we're talking about.

effnic

Bench
People calling him the best forward in the nrl just put him at the top of the list as most over-rated player in the nrl already. He is an average player i have seen nothing special from him yet. Hopefully i do get to see what the channel 9 commentators jack off over themselves about.

coombsy

Juniors
People calling him the best forward in the nrl just put him at the top of the list as most over-rated player in the nrl already. He is an average player i have seen nothing special from him yet. Hopefully i do get to see what the channel 9 commentators jack off over themselves about.
You must not watch or don`t understand League. At 21 he would have to be close to the best young forward to play the game for a long time. It is his first year in the NRL and is playing exeptionaly. If he was Australian he would have been picked in the side without doubt probably in the place of Watmough:)

God-King Dean

Immortal
he does like to off load which does make him a dangerous forward, but with that comes potential mistakes. I hope the NRL doesn;t turn him into a plodding forward like Petro who just runs at the line everytime with no hope of an off load.

Petero doesn't need to worry about offloads when he bends the defensive line back the way he does. I'm pretty sure he had the most hit-ups that went 10 metres+ this season.

IMO Petero is better prop than Webcke.

God-King Dean

Immortal
On Burgess, I felt very sorry for him round 26 against Saints. He was hands down the best player on the field in a team that got smashed. Played his guts out.

If the rest of the team had the heart he did, Souths would have easily won that game, & made the finals.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
On Burgess, I felt very sorry for him round 26 against Saints. He was hands down the best player on the field in a team that got smashed. Played his guts out.

If the rest of the team had the heart he did, Souths would have easily won that game, & made the finals.

Pretty much the way most Souths supporters saw it. This kid is something special and will only get better.

The 18th Man

Juniors
This was the point I was making in this thread. Burgess' turnovers are frequent and costly. Tonight he lost the ball on three occasions was it and all were in horrible field position for the English side. Turning over cheap ball against quality opposition is a recipe for disaster. Definately an area of his game that needs some work.

Outside that, Burgess tried hard tonight and was really good early.

boxhead

First Grade
Who cares if he drops a few balls? What he contributes more than makes up for it. The guy is a freak, a brilliant machine.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
This was the point I was making in this thread. Burgess' turnovers are frequent and costly. Tonight he lost the ball on three occasions was it and all were in horrible field position for the English side. Turning over cheap ball against quality opposition is a recipe for disaster. Definately an area of his game that needs some work.

Outside that, Burgess tried hard tonight and was really good early.

Did you see the weather?

I don't think Burgess has bad hands, he just has the ball so much for both club and country more than almost anyone on the field so errors are obviously going to happen.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Who cares if he drops a few balls? What he contributes more than makes up for it. The guy is a freak, a brilliant machine.

1. Sam Burgess.

2. His coach.

3. His team mates.

Not disputing his overall game, he is an excellent young forward, just needs to get rid of the turnover or three in a game.

LeedsRhinos said:
Did you see the weather?

I did. Whilst he can be excused a little tonight, it's a flaw in his game. How much ball did Thaiday turnover? Lewis? Ellis?

For some reason Sam Burgess is off limits when it comes to ANY criticism of his game :?

timka4

Bench
Although this is true, that doesn't excuse him from dropping it so much. There have been other great forwards before and after him that can catch. He needs to fix it asap.