What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Kasiano

gitano

Juniors
Yes from me at the right price.
The sort of player, if motivated (and he would be), who would add a lot to our pack

Excuse my ignorance as I’ve not kept up to date on this one. So, what happens if Dragons get say, $500k relief (JDB cannot play) and JDB then gets cleared?

He comes back and honours his contract, but isn’t the club left with having used the relief money and is that in the CAP.

BLM01

First Grade
Was reading about the Melbourne Storm struggling to keep under the salary cap and they brought up this rumour in regards to Sam Kasiano possibly joining the Dragons as a temporary replacement for De Belin in the forward pack

Thoughts ?
Would of a couple of years ago when fat and at 135kgs...not now! Bellamy got him too fit and lost his impact.

BLM01

First Grade
Excuse my ignorance as I’ve not kept up to date on this one. So, what happens if Dragons get say, $500k relief (JDB cannot play) and JDB then gets cleared?

He comes back and honours his contract, but isn’t the club left with having used the relief money and is that in the CAP.
Yep. They have to plan for JDB to come back at some stage and would have to pay him, so it could put us over say he came back next year and we signed a gun now on a 2-3 year contract. You would have to offload some players

Was reading about the Melbourne Storm struggling to keep under the salary cap and they brought up this rumour in regards to Sam Kasiano possibly joining the Dragons as a temporary replacement for De Belin in the forward pack

Thoughts ?
Massive NO from me.
Sam Kasiano is one of the genuine grubs of the game.
Whatever impact he may have had at Canterbury a couple of years ago is ancient history now.
We don't need him and we don't want him at any price.
If in fact we have some cap room we should be looking for a replacement for Lafai.
A real centre partner for Lomax that will develop into a lethal combination.
As for the forwards, back our youngsters to fill the void.
We have plenty of options in the forwards if McGregor wants to be creative.

possm

Coach
they should use the bad news of losing JDB (when it happens) to trial Aitken or Robson at lock. Also I hope Blake Lawrie keeps coming through like he did late last season, he can also slot in somewhere in a full time capacity now.

My tip is for Aitken, Lafai and Lawrie to move on prior to their contract being up.
Lomax and Masters as our centres
Robson as our long term hooker but in rotation off the bench at 14 for now.