What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAM - NRL team - Samoan Heritage

screeny

Bench
Dimitri my man,

The RFL doesn't have any SKY telly executives sitting on the board with veto power over every boardroom decision.

Richard Lewis and his RFL staff have turned RL around and have it now pointing in the right direction - Rupert benefits as more dishes are sold because of this, but his company has now strategic power over Brit RL.

Now I'm not one of those hate-News-at-all-costs people. I'd rather have them with us than against us, but tv executives shouldn't make RL policy decisions.

Having News on the RLIF is pointless. They can advise on independent TV deals (god knows the RLIF need the advice when it comes to TV deals seeing as they've never done one and the last WC proved a disaster for everyone but the ARL) but policy making? No way!

roopy

Referee
stubbsie said:
It is such a simple but great idea do you think the Nrl has even considered it?
One of the first things I got involved in when I found League on the internet was supporting the posts of a guy who turned out to be a Professor in international relations at an American University. He was the first to propose the idea of a combined Pacific Islands team, and he went as far as writing a submission which he had placed on the agenda of a meeting of the IRLF. The submission was never considered because they 'ran out of time' before hearing it.
That all happened directly after the 2000 world cup.

roopy

Referee
roopy said:
stubbsie said:
It is such a simple but great idea do you think the Nrl has even considered it?
One of the first things I got involved in when I found League on the internet was supporting the posts of a guy who turned out to be a Professor in international relations at an American University. He was the first to propose the idea of a combined Pacific Islands team, and he went as far as writing a submission which he had placed on the agenda of a meeting of the IRLF. The submission was never considered because they 'ran out of time' before hearing it.
That all happened directly after the 2000 world cup.
Three sections of an article on Prof. S Morris;

http://rlwc2000.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1385&p=2&stid=8112960

nz_novacastrian

Juniors
Rugby union struggled to make a profit from the Pacific Islanders tests. It was good for the fans and such but I think the profit was small if any.

Latest posts