What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Sh&t Different Day

emack

Juniors
Apologies in advance, I know I've had a few beers, but did anyone else who has removed their rose coloured glasses see the same under prepared and undisciplined side that I saw??

Maybe I'm totally wrong (and I sincerely hope I am), but we just look like a social park football side who's main aim is to have fun..............we look totally underdone! I know it was nines, but lack of discipline is lack of discipline............

hewi

Bench
Mate, relax your feelings in my opinion are quite justified. Next weekend is shit or get off the pot time for Mr Price. If it's bad and that continues into the first few rounds he will have to go surely.

GT0007

Juniors
Apologies in advance, I know I've had a few beers, but did anyone else who has removed their rose coloured glasses see the same under prepared and undisciplined side that I saw??

Maybe I'm totally wrong (and I sincerely hope I am), but we just look like a social park football side who's main aim is to have fun..............we look totally underdone! I know it was nines, but lack of discipline is lack of discipline............

I thought they were much better against Melb except turning the ball over on the second tackle constantly but their defence was excellent under the circumstances. It's just 9's mate and I don't think we are a 9 min side. The reason our fitness looked bad in the 1st 2 games was we kepted missing tackles and handing the ball over. We need to really weigh it up after about 7 rounds to see where we are

Juniors
I thought they were much better against Melb except turning the ball over on the second tackle constantly but their defence was excellent under the circumstances. It's just 9's mate and I don't think we are a 9 min side. The reason our fitness looked bad in the 1st 2 games was we kepted missing tackles and handing the ball over. We need to really weigh it up after about 7 rounds to see where we are

agree ya cant look much into this format. price would be looking at 9's and trials with training to work out best 17 to field when round one starts. He would be more concerned about the first 6 rounds than 9's and trials

TruSaint

Referee
agree ya cant look much into this format. price would be looking at 9's and trials with training to work out best 17 to field when round one starts. He would be more concerned about the first 6 rounds than 9's and trials

2217, just interested in your nickname...
Im guessing that's when you think the Sharks will break their duck ? lol. :D

PS I agree, Price has 6 weeks or so to prove his worth. Having said that, we can only comment on what we have seen ATM.

TheRev

First Grade
A lot of the boys look bigger this season (Merrin/Duges/Quinlan/Green at first glance), hopefully its in a good way.. im assuming Cooper is heavily involved in that side of things, he was always a gun with nutrition and strength.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
2217, just interested in your nickname...
Im guessing that's when you think the Sharks will break their duck ? lol. :D

PS I agree, Price has 6 weeks or so to prove his worth. Having said that, we can only comment on what we have seen ATM.

As if the sharks will break their duck?
More like when they will finally collapse...:D

gonz

Juniors

I heard George rose wanted to quit the storm during their preseason,
haven't heard many complaints re pre season from this team!

Under prepared physically 100% as for mentally 110%.

Just embarrassing still !

Before you say it's just 9's we scored most tries from kicks
in nines, what we gonna do v 13?

Price said he has new attack again

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gasnier summed it up perfectly. He expected better attack and that certainly was not the case. They were embarrassing. If they had juniors out there then that can be excused but hey, one of the strongest rosters in the comp and 1 a game against a 2nd string Storm side.

Lets see what Souths do to them this weekend? Hopefully Saints lift for that game?

saint.nick

Coach
I heard George rose wanted to quit the storm during their preseason,
haven't heard many complaints re pre season from this team!

Under prepared physically 100% as for mentally 110%.

Just embarrassing still !

Before you say it's just 9's we scored most tries from kicks
in nines, what we gonna do v 13?

Price said he has new attack again

Gee, that would have made him the first ever professional to quit a sports team because training was too tough.

Under Price we are still (and always will be) a grinding side. Dragons footy - remember?
Sides with a grinding style will never do well at the nines format.
Most of our tries were off kicks FFS......

Mr Red

First Grade
i am taking nothing from the 9's into the 13 a side match.
however in comparing our 9's team to other 9's team we looked off the pace, and lacking any true attacking plays. the kick and hope was on display way too often.

i can only hope that ALL of the pre season training so far has been geared towards the real footy.. and that is why the 9's team looked very average.
given that Pricey was once again supposedly re-inventing the attack again over the off season i was hoping to see more from the team.

the charity shield should give more of an indication on how we are progressing i think.

Latest posts