What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Sh&t Different Day

Nfi where our points will come from in the CS. Hoping Widdop provides the structure we've lacked.

Well, if we had to resort to kicking for the winger in a game of nines, where there were gaps all over the field, then heaven help our attack in a game of 13 on 13.

I'm prepared to give the new players time to settle in and think we we will be soundly beaten on Saturday night.

But it's only a trial........

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Dont give a toss about the result.

I just wanna see some f**king fire and a bit of go about them. Results come if you bring the right attitude.

Our players are fat and unfit. Way off the pace. Thats a huge concern two weeks before the season starts. What does that indicate?

pinkmoon

Juniors
No coincidence that the year you won the comp you had Costigan, Smith, and Scott.
Last year the chooks had JWH and O'Donnell.
In '97 Paul Harragon famously fired up the Knights by saying "Nobody gets sent off in grand finals".

I reckon nearly all premiers have players that aren't just tough, but willing to forget the rulebook for 30 seconds if need be. Terry Lamb anyone?

Agreed. The best thing about Rugby League is the physical aspect of the game, and the best teams to watch are the bruisers. I would love for our club to become bruisers!

Dragons have a very good roster. If they don't perform it's defiantly the coach.

I've been thinking about this. Lots!

Where has Price struggled so far? Is it his game plan (do we have one)? Is it about getting the lads to bond?? Or about motivating them??? Something else????

I'm asking honestly. My skill set genuinely doesn't include knowledge on these things.

I'm going down this path because, regarding this years recruitment, I personally think we've gone close, but remain skeptical. For example, I really wish we'd kept Cameron King over Mitch Rein, and, I think we will lack authority in the forwards this year.

As many have said, Mr Price is running out of excuses. He says he now has the team that he wants, and, mark my words, this will be a pivotal year in Dragons history.

I'm a patient man, but we Dragons supporters deserve to see some results don't we?

TruSaint

Referee
I've been thinking about this. Lots!

Where has Price struggled so far? Is it his game plan (do we have one)? Is it about getting the lads to bond?? Or about motivating them??? Something else????

I'm asking honestly. My skill set genuinely doesn't include knowledge on these things.

I'm going down this path because, regarding this years recruitment, I personally think we've gone close, but remain skeptical. For example, I really wish we'd kept Cameron King over Mitch Rein, and, I think we will lack authority in the forwards this year.

As many have said, Mr Price is running out of excuses. He says he now has the team that he wants, and, mark my words, this will be a pivotal year in Dragons history.

I'm a patient man, but we Dragons supporters deserve to see some results don't we?

You have nailed it.

He has HIS team now, and the excuse bag is empty. Biggest overhaul I can remember for this club.

Whether its game plan (or lack there of), or moral, OR both... Price (and as a result the board), is accountable. 2014 is make or break, well said.

jenninga

First Grade
You have nailed it.

He has HIS team now, and the excuse bag is empty. Biggest overhaul I can remember for this club.

Whether its game plan (or lack there of), or moral, OR both... Price (and as a result the board), is accountable. 2014 is make or break, well said.

Yes,it's not just Price who is accountable ,but the people responsible of appointing and re signing him.If Price is punted,others should go also.

Your right Doust should take responsibilty as well as Price but don't forget the players to.

They are the ones regardless of training who last year failed to do even the basic things it was obvious something was wrong biggest thing for me was attitude.

Price has to motivate better but they are adults not children its not hard for them to be pumped to play first grade especially for such a famous club.

Price should be accountable but so should everyone from top to bottom if they improve on even the basics confidence grows and results will follow.

st.phil

Bench
Dousty could be found with a bloody knife over the body - caught red handed and still find excuses

ForestDragon

Juniors
I am pretty happy with the players we hav added but i need Price to show us he can gameplan and get a structure that works.

Tanner Ave

Juniors
Whats sad is that the feeling has been we are 2-3 forwards away from some kind of challenging team. our back line is supposed to be the strength.
In a game of nines where forwards are not as important as 13 v 13 we still looked pedestrian.
Bring on Mudgee again.