What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Sh&t Different Day

Godz Illa

Coach
Paul McGregor was apparently respsonsible for all the attacking training this off season. That is a potential glimpse into our near future guys when Price is sacked. I am quivering

TheRev

First Grade
Under Price we are still (and always will be) a grinding side. Dragons footy - remember?
Sides with a grinding style will never do well at the nines format.
Most of our tries were off kicks FFS......
Its not deliberate though, im sure Price would love some individual players to actually bust tackles and create opportunities & breathing space, and im sure he tries to put together backline movements and plays to break a defensive line.. but it continues not to work.. as a result were back in the arm-wrestle due to lack of points.

If by Grind we are talking about 'percentage footy & good defence', then yes definitely thats what Price likes, but the Roosters were the best defensive side in 2013 iirc, and they scored an awful lot of points too.. no body wants to be needing to play at 150% every week to win football games against average NRL sides, you cant sustain that intensity.

The bit that Pricey doesnt seem to get though is that we will defend better if we score more points, the blokes need to believe that the defensive workload is worth it because the side can hold their own in attack, you cant just ask them to slaughter themselves in defence every week in tight arm-wrestles, without reward, I dont care who you are, in an elite competition you need to be motivated, you need to believe in what the teams doing.

possm

Coach
Tap, tap, trap. What's that noise I hear you ask? It's the sound of the first nail going into Priceys coffin. The end is nigh!!!!

Only it's a pre-season too late. Getting rid of Price is only the first small step to the problem. It's who he is replace with is the bigger problem.

If it's Mary or Young than we are in just as bad a position.
If it's Hornby or Dean Young we still have nothing to look forward to.

We can only HOPE any new coach will be someone with experience, knowledge and ability.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Its not deliberate though, im sure Price would love some individual players to actually bust tackles and create opportunities & breathing space, and im sure he tries to put together backline movements and plays to break a defensive line.. but it continues not to work.. as a result were back in the arm-wrestle due to lack of points.

If by Grind we are talking about 'percentage footy & good defence', then yes definitely thats what Price likes, but the Roosters were the best defensive side in 2013 iirc, and they scored an awful lot of points too.. no body wants to be needing to play at 150% every week to win football games against average NRL sides, you cant sustain that intensity.

The bit that Pricey doesnt seem to get though is that we will defend better if we score more points, the blokes need to believe that the defensive workload is worth it because the side can hold their own in attack, you cant just ask them to slaughter themselves in defence every week in tight arm-wrestles, without reward, I dont care who you are, in an elite competition you need to be motivated, you need to believe in what the teams doing.

I think you have summed it up Rev. I'll have hope for this season if I see some success on the attacking front. I know it was only 9's, but the first game we played took me back to last year in terms of not being able to see a genuine game plan on the attacking front.

Saint Anger

Juniors
I've seen enough of the Dragons in 2014 to confidently assume we are still shit.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is extremely delusional.

When we're 0-4 Price will be gone, replaced by....?<shiver>

Father Ted

First Grade
Paul McGregor was apparently respsonsible for all the attacking training this off season. That is a potential glimpse into our near future guys when Price is sacked. I am quivering

The Club maybe set and ready to replace Gumby with Gomer Pyle. Another crownies moment.

Gazzaw

Juniors
They couldn't, they wouldn't, surely not, never ever could they (forgot his name is Doust) baby & bathwater rings a bell, fire & furnace yep they could

Gazzaw

Juniors

Was there actually training & practise put into that rubbish, you gotta be kidding

Gazzaw

Juniors
Seriously, if we don't beat Wests first up, we may not win a game till Rd 10. Geez I hope the 13 are better than the nine

dragonreddy

Juniors
The standard will have to improve dramatically for them to be competitive,we had a lot of topliners playing at the 9's and were abysmall .Most of the other sides put in a good showing we didnt ,youd be abrave man to put money on us this weekend in the charity shield or probably most games this season for that matter.

LatK7

First Grade
Seriously, if we don't beat Wests first up, we may not win a game till Rd 10. Geez I hope the 13 are better than the nine

I do worry about this. We should belt Wests. Their team is ordinary at best. But with supercoach at the helm anything (bad) could happen.

kit66

Bench
Only it's a pre-season too late. Getting rid of Price is only the first small step to the problem. It's who he is replace with is the bigger problem.

If it's Mary or Young than we are in just as bad a position.
If it's Hornby or Dean Young we still have nothing to look forward to.

We can only HOPE any new coach will be someone with experience, knowledge and ability.

Millward.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They are out of shape. So far off the pace. Who is our strength and conditioning guru now?

Jobs for the boys.

This place will be going in to meltdown real soon.

BennyV

Referee
Millward.

I sure as hell hope so. While I wish it was someone external and not a 'jobs for the boys' situation, Millward has a lot of experience, a decent winning record in ESL (if you discount his drama-filled last couple of years) and will command a bit of respect. Best of a bad situation, and definitely the lesser of 2 evils when compared to Mary...

Latest posts