What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandor Earl joins Melbourne Storm

mxlegend99

Referee
Who are we praising or criticising here?
Well its not a dig at Storm... the players they sign cheaply arent wanted so it's fair to assume they signed for mininum wage

Meanwhile Broncos somehow have players will ing to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars. Benji thinks the Dragons offer of $350k was insulting... yet accepts a minimum wage reserve grade spot at Broncos.

Players have families to provide for and arent going to just give up hundreds of thousands for a club they owe nothing to.

The_Shield

Juniors
Well its not a dig at Storm... the players they sign cheaply arent wanted so it's fair to assume they signed for mininum wage

Meanwhile Broncos somehow have players will ing to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars. Benji thinks the Dragons offer of $350k was insulting... yet accepts a minimum wage reserve grade spot at Broncos.

Players have families to provide for and arent going to just give up hundreds of thousands for a club they owe nothing to.
Ok first of all, yes Benji turned down 300k from the Dragons but once he did that he had nothing. He was basically left with no other choice but to take the Broncos minimum wage. Mead and Sims wanted out of there clubs they were at, I don’t recall any other offers from other clubs for them.

Second, Hoffman had plenty of offers to sign elsewhere for more money, mostly in the super league but some other NRL teams aswell offering more then Melbourne. Myles was signed with Manly but chose to get out of that deal to come to Melbourne so his misses can be closer to her family, he was an Origin player when he signed with both Manly and Melbourne, I don’t know what he was on at Manly but I can guarantee it was a lot more then what he’s on at Melbourne. And lastly Earl, I don’t think he even considered any other NRL teams, there are plenty of teams that could use Earl in the top grade but he wanted to stay in Melbourne.

Just face it, the Broncos aren’t the only team that players are willing to go to for less money. The reputation the Storm have for making players better is a massive reason why players come to Melbourne, to be coached by one of the best in Craig Bellamy, to play along side some of the best in Cameron Smith and Billy Slater.

Exsilium

First Grade
He was a decent player not so long ago.

The kid was made a scapegoat and copped the full hit. Saw out his ban and earned a spot with a great team. Says more about the make up of this kid than the likes of Gallen.

Pedge1971

First Grade
He was a Newcastle junior you know ...

Yep. I went to school with him. Top fella. Aust schoolboy, no ego whatsoever. Could not get a look into 1st grade with Chief and Butts there.

Wtf did Melboure do to the poor kid?

POPEYE

Coach
Yep. I went to school with him. Top fella. Aust schoolboy, no ego whatsoever. Could not get a look into 1st grade with Chief and Butts there.

They got him a pissant cup ring a year after his indiscretion and named him Player Of The Year in 2000 and 2001 . . . exorcised the Newcastle Drug Demon

Bloke

Juniors

Melbourne got him from the Western Reds, that's where he supposedly started taking stanozolol for a knee injury.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
remember having hin in my draft team when he was at penrith and did pretty well for a mid-range winger. did his time still has plenty of work to do to get on the big stage again so best of luck to him

Lambretta

First Grade
What the f**k does (sic) mean

Latin my dear friend, Latin

Just like Ad Hoc means "as and when I f**king feel like it pal" and Alibi means "weren't f**king me", sic means "what do you mean I spelt (sic) it wrong? You know what I f**king meant and don't f**king pretend you didn't"

(sic) (with square-brackets usually) is an abbreviation of 'sic erat scriptum' which is Latin for 'thus it had been written', meaning that the quote prior was transcribed as it was found in the original source, complete with errors, coloquialisms etc.

Lambretta

First Grade
Other famous Latin

Bona Fide means "would I f**king rob ya?" and not shag Fido (good faith)
Carpe diem means "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" (sieze the day)
Caveat empor means "no f**king refunds twat" (buyer beware)
circa doesn't mean a chopped cock it means approximately or around
et tu, Brute? means "stabbed in the back by me best mate?" - (Julius Caeser's last words - conveys betrayal)

moffla

Bench
Stoked to see this guy getting a couple of games under his belt and topping it off with a try.
To spend 4 years out of the game and still have the determination to get back in and look relatively in place is bloody impressive

avocado

Juniors
Not sure what juice he was on but he’s deadset grown 6 inches in height since he was at the Raiders.
Great to see him back.

nick87

Coach
I like Shhhhhandor. Glad he's back and scoring tries.
He got absolutely f**king stiched up. The fact he sat our 4 years and no one from the Sharks got more than what? 4 weeks? Is an absolute disgrace.

His trafikking charge was some trumped up f**king horseshit too. He literally picked the goods up from one doctor and drove it to another doctor to administer it to himself. I dont give a shit about the technicalities of what trafikking is, that's not what the charge was designed for.

no name

Coach
He has put himself in a good spot as well with Suli grubbing his way to another suspension.

Could be Shhhhandor’s position to lose.

Sandor Earl is likely to captain Hungary in its bid to play in the 2021 World Cup.

The question is whether he will play wing or full back. In my opinion he should play full back.

Last edited: