What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow is leaving souths....just announced on 2ky

Gronk

Staff member
I'd say it's somewhere in the middle of what's being reported. The eels would be loathe to confirm they paid huge cash, because Jarryd and future signings would expect the same or better.

I'd say we made a strong commitment from our cap and 3rd party deals propped it up towards $500k.

F*cking Hell! Who needs Days of our Lives and other soapies, when you follow Rugby League, and more to the point, when you support the Parramatta Eels.

I am ecstatic that we have finally signed a halfback who can play and is in his prime.

PB

Bench
if Parra paid $550k for Sandow as suggested by Russell Crowe, i think it still makes th eEels look like fools.

If they have the foresight to keep Hodkinson and Mahoney at the time they would have a halves combination (ie two for the price of one) costing them about $400k and a spare $150k still in cap space!

Freak2

Juniors
Sounds like he squeezed us but at the end of the day we got our man.

I'd suggest he got overs but no quality halfback moves without getting more than they are worth.

Let's just hope we get consistantly what he has delivered for the Bunnies over the last month.

Time will tell, but at this stage well done to the team for getting their man!!

zipzip man

Juniors
if Parra paid $550k for Sandow as suggested by Russell Crowe, i think it still makes th eEels look like fools.

If they have the foresight to keep Hodkinson and Mahoney at the time they would have a halves combination (ie two for the price of one) costing them about $400k and a spare $150k still in cap space!

Can't make up for lost players they're gone lets rejoice on news of actually getting a player we've chased for a change... Hodkison and Mahoney were long gone!

Glenn

First Grade
The Tele is reporting $800k over 3 years

Hang on wasn't it $2 million when he supposedly rejected Parramatta, according to the Daily Terror yesterday.
If it is $800k that is a fair price for Sandow IMHO.

mickybolg

Juniors
great news but all the doom and gloom on this forum yesterday without any solid confirmation he was staying at souths....the telegraph included, they are a joke...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lucky we had plenty of money to spend,

wonder what Ben Ross is doing ?

SDM

First Grade
Bargain. I would give him a bonus of 5K per LBA, the club can get poupou to help figure out his salary.

Gronk

Staff member
He obviously got big cash, and compared to Cronk we probably paid overs.

Riddle me this Batman. How much do you think he's worth, and then add on the fact that he's goal kicking % is nearly as good as Burt's.

The fact that he can GK after Luke retires is certainly worth $150+, IMHO.

Latest posts