What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow is leaving souths....just announced on 2ky

zipzip man

Juniors
Sandow signing spells the end of Burt. Sandow will be the goalkicker & one less skill set that Burt offers in his already very limited repetoire.

How could you? The man is one of our legends and is still playing some good footy! NQ game forgotten already...

Avenger

Immortal
Where? All I'm seeing is 550k and another for 2 mil over 4 years???
I was seeing that he was staying at South yesterday. Mate take all figures with a grain of salt. Bad luck about Sandow. However when you have Inglis, Burgess, Taylor and Asotasi in the over $400K area something has to give.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
Souths would be absolutely devastated, Crowe's claim of the $550k is only to weaken the blow that they have lost out on Sandow. The figure would be closer to $300k. He and Richo were telling everybody that they were done and dusted and keeping Sandow. They should have made him a priority before Sutton. Richo reference to Alan Bond is absolutely hypocritical when you consider how they got Inglis, Burgess, Taylor and Asotasi over the past few years.
Losing Sandow is a big body blow to Souths.

parra pete

Referee
Chris Sandow is a good player. Hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Leo Dynever, who was good at Newcastle too, before linking up with Wests...

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Souths would be absolutely devastated, Crowe's claim of the $550k is only to weaken the blow that they have lost out on Sandow. The figure would be closer to $300k. He and Richo were telling everybody that they were done and dusted and keeping Sandow. They should have made him a priority before Sutton. Richo reference to Alan Bond is absolutely hypocritical when you consider how they got Inglis, Burgess, Taylor and Asotasi over the past few years.
Losing Sandow is a big body blow to Souths.

also when you consider that Rusty is his Alan Bond

Gronk

Staff member

spartan2153

Juniors
Nope, the money for Sandow will come out of next years cap, the only way we can use this years cap is to extend current contracts then we can front load them and pay them out this year.

They stopped front loading contracts after thee dogs did it with Ryan & patted in 2008.

84 Baby

Referee
I think the fact there are 4 different estimates on the contract means noone has a clue how much it's worth. We'll get contract length when Eels release it. But there are so many variables in the value, it could be $2m (probably including 3rd party deals), it could be $550k per season, perhaps it's front loaded so it's $550k next season. Doesn't matter how much we paid him now

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Read 7 posts up ^^^^^^^^^^^

If you're referring to Daily Telegraph.. that's not a source. We can only be sure upon official announcement. But I'd be betting Eels announce the money they paid less third party deals to make it look less embarrassing.

On filthy_spammers a bunch of the Eels fans were talking about how Eels upped their offer to 500k. I'd say 500k is more believable, 2mil over 4 years. But still.. OVERS

SeftonBoy

Juniors
How could you? The man is one of our legends and is still playing some good footy! NQ game forgotten already...

Mate he shouldn't have been signed again for this contract. He doesn't offer enough in my opinion. A few flashes of brilliance doesn't make him a good winger. Hate people saying he's a great finisher. He never scores tries when he's got to beat 2 & 3 defenders. He just ain't big enough for the wing.

pedge

Juniors
If you're referring to Daily Telegraph.. that's not a source. We can only be sure upon official announcement. But I'd be betting Eels announce the money they paid less third party deals to make it look less embarrassing.

On filthy_spammers a bunch of the Eels fans were talking about how Eels upped their offer to 500k. I'd say 500k is more believable, 2mil over 4 years. But still.. OVERS

:lol::lol:
enough said

Gronk

Staff member

They are going of what Rusty said on twitter. Clearly unreliable.

btaag

Juniors

You paid big money to take Inglis when you already had decent centres, and then re-signed Sutton over Sandow, AND are the kings of paying overs and paying 3rd party, and under the table payments to players (leveraging the star power of your owner).

You are now coming on here attacking us and Sandow for the deal....... tee hee.

Sandow has signed with us and you are left with no playmaker in 2012. Craig Gower on $500k a season at Souths, here.we.come. :D

btaag

Juniors
Chris Sandow is a good player. Hope he doen't turn out to be the next Leo Dynever, who was good at Newcastle too, before linking up with Wests...

Leo Dynever was never an elite young talent at Newcastle - he was a mid 20s fill-in who had 2-3 solid seasons and was signed by a desperate Wests at the latter part of his career. Hard to compare the two.

At least we have no fear of Sandow turning into the next Matt Orford - a $300k p/a, 33 year old playing for a 1 from 7 football side .....

Snoochies

First Grade

Yeah but you were saying you only saw a $550k figure which wasn't official. Just pointing out another figure.

Latest posts