What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarah goes electro for Eels

Pazza said:
lets be honest the only reason the NFL puts so much effort into cheer leading is because the game is a snore fest. i'm happy with the way it is now, bit of a perve when the players run out, but once the boys are on the pitch that where my attention is

I challange that.

Seriously Go sit in the End bay of the Eastern Grandstand at a Panthers Home Game.

I wrote this to my LJ eariler this year

The Most distracting thing about that game was were I sat. The same area as the last 3 years but they have added a new "Platform" in front of where we sit. At Half time in PL they bought some drums to the Platform and after the Intro to the Main game the Panthers Cheerleaders were on the Platform.

Now when the Panthers were going well, the drummers would start slowly and 2 of the Cheerleaders would get up and dance in a very seductive eastern way as the drums got faster more would join them. Like a Harem of Women clad in Lycra shorts and boob tubes. It was very very distracting if you were trying to watch the game.

Does anyone else remember the Chinese Dragon that used to lead the players out? Considering the club's interest in targeting the local Chinese community bringing them in through this kind of thing could have merit...?

(I should note that don't actually 'remember' the dragon [before my time] but I've seen it on videos, etc. I think it was in the 1970s, early 80s?)

forward pass

Coach
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Does anyone else remember the Chinese Dragon that used to lead the players out? Considering the club's interest in targeting the local Chinese community bringing them in through this kind of thing could have merit...?

(I should note that don't actually 'remember' the dragon [before my time] but I've seen it on videos, etc. I think it was in the 1970s, early 80s?)

I think you're very confused.

When we played in the 76 and 77 grand finals we were lead out by a giant EEL. I am sure thats what you are thinking of. Definitely not a dragon !!!

forward pass said:
I think you're very confused.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be the first time...

When we played in the 76 and 77 grand finals we were lead out by a giant EEL. I am sure thats what you are thinking of. Definitely not a dragon !!!

No, I'm quite sure there was a Chinese Dragon - I remember thinking it was weird. Someone will eventually back this up. Hopefully. Or perhaps I'm just losing my mind?

bartman

Immortal
There was a chinese-style dragon which wandered the sidelines at Parra Stadium at halftime for a year or so during the 90s... around the era of those stiltwalkers and faced painted mimes as entertainment, if memory serves?

Kornstar said:
They started dropping off one at a time, i was wondering the same thing.....

What has 100 legs and drops 6 each week? THE PARRA EELS cheerleaders! All the hype about males in the team and the beginning of the season went from 3 in the first home game, 2 in the second home game, 1 in the third home game and now none... INTERESTING! Possibly some poor management issues? Has anyone noticed that it is not only the boys dropping off it is also the girls. They are apparently holding another tryouts on Friday. Being a cheergirl myself I loved the new USA style cheerleading and thought it was great but for some reason they seem to be doing the same routines each week and are lacking a little in the creative side.

I love the titans girls... Hot! Athletic! Are implementing the new Cheerleading style! All female! Look legal! He he he.

And did anyone notice the Blues cheerleaders at the state of origin Jersey launch... now that is talent. Stunting in the rain! And some of them were even hot!

Input?

<UPtheEELS> said:
Yeah, the blokes got knocked off one at a time.

Bit of a bummer too considering they were the only members in the team who looked legal. Does anybody have the story on the Eels cheersquad? I hear it has a few controversies. I heard that the manager had a bit of an issue with the law regarding a letter or something, could just be gossip but I would love clarification.

MarkInTheStands said:
That is something but remember at the Blues Launch they had the NSW Cheerleaders? They looked very Familiar, I swore I knew one of them from the eels cheer website, and they had The Blokes for the Flips.

Maybe we can't afford to keep them?

I thought I saw people I recognised ... Interesting? Although in comparison the NSW team was much larger and had quite a few more attractive girls and more boys. And their routine was very fast paced and not to mention in the rain. Are there photos anywhere?

bartman said:
There was a chinese-style dragon which wandered the sidelines at Parra Stadium at halftime for a year or so during the 90s... around the era of those stiltwalkers and faced painted mimes as entertainment, if memory serves?

:lol: I don't remember the mimes but there's been some shockingly bad entertainment at Parramatta Stadium over the years...

Anyone remember the time (mid-90s) they once had shirtless men with chains fastened around their chests dancing to 'Chains' by Tina Arena...? I think there were women dancing around them wearing fluro coloured lyrca body suits. It was kind of like Manpower meets The 'Say No To Drugs' Rock Eisteddfod.

It was a horrifying scene. :oops:

Latest posts