What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sat R5 - Bulldogs v Manly *Spoilers/Discussion*

scottyeel said:
Ben Roberts is pretty ordinary.
Surely Folkes will bring Sherwin back up next week.

i can only hope he does, i doubt he will though
although sherwin had a good game in PL from what i saw, in the last 30minutes that i saw he managed to kick a 40/20, and come up with 2 try assists.

wittyfan said:
Involuntary tackle from The Weed at the end.....
Involuntary tackle? God forbid our fullback would attempt to NOT get tackled:p
I know what you meant but seriously, if that's the worst thing you have to say about his performance then he mustn't have done much wrong.
Another good win boys!

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I can't believe we led the whole game and then went for a penalty shot instead of a try :(

Very poor decision but that's life i guess

FFS bring back Sherwin!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't think I've seen Canterbury play a worse half of football aside from the Prelim last year... how we were in front at halftime is only testament to good defence and Manly's stunning inability in the first 40 to cross their line.

Simpkins was disgraceful, afraid to blow the whistle in both directions and his 10m was either 13-15m or 7 or 8m (again, both directions).

We were our own worst enemy in the first forty and it cost us... then we just got cocky with ten to go taking the penalty shot. That told me we were too tired and that was the game.

I'll say this though... Given form, Manly should've put the cleaners through us with the way we played, an incredible game in the second half though.

Well done Manly, see you at Brookie in late June :p

CharlieF

Juniors
Dodger said:
Don't think I've seen Canterbury play a worse half of football aside from the Prelim last year... how we were in front at halftime is only testament to good defence and Manly's stunning inability in the first 40 to cross their line.

Simpkins was disgraceful, afraid to blow the whistle in both directions and his 10m was either 13-15m or 7 or 8m (again, both directions).

We were our own worst enemy in the first forty and it cost us... then we just got cocky with ten to go taking the penalty shot. That told me we were too tired and that was the game.

I'll say this though... Given form, Manly should've put the cleaners through us with the way we played, an incredible game in the second half though.

Well done Manly, see you at Brookie in late June :p

Ever thought that Mase and co were having a bit of a look because the defence was pretty punishing from Manly. Maybe they were pushing their passes to try anything to get through. So far all the teams that Manly have played have dropped more ball than normal. Coincidence? I think not now.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Exact, Charlie.

People sprout that we have only been playing teams that have played crap -- well that's crap.

Players liek SBW and Mason had to force offloads because of our rock solid defence, and in doing so, coughed it up.

Timmah

Staff member
:-s

We led at halftime mate... your defence couldn't have been that great.

I was utterly stunned we led after forty.

Timmah

Staff member
The fact you were trailing behind a side that played its absolute worst half of footy all year?

CharlieF

Juniors
Dodger said:
:-s

We led at halftime mate... your defence couldn't have been that great.

I was utterly stunned we led after forty.

Don't worry. It was rectified in the final score. As long as Manly win, its 2 points.

I can't believe that a very under strength Manly team can beat a full strength, best forward pack ever, competition favorites and away from home team.

Remember that the DOGS were the raging hot favorites incapable of losing this match. The Eagles were not the favorites and were long odds to win.

CharlieF

Juniors
Dodger said:
The fact you were trailing behind a side that played its absolute worst half of footy all year?

Your are not going to beleive this, but every team that we have played this year..... have all claimed to have played their worst game.

Manly have been playing good defensive footy, but their attacking has been crap all year. If we had a full strengh team, I am sure the score would have been the same as last year. A lot.

Garts

Bench
Dodger said:

True, we should have been in front based on the first 20 minutes but we struggle to score points with Orford missing and we also fell away in the last 20 in the first half to even up possession. We played pretty badly ourselves in that period.

In the end we got the 2 points without 3 of our better players on the field, things can only get better when we get them back.

Ridders

Coach
Garts said:
In the end we got the 2 points without 3 of our better players on the field, things can only get better when we get them back.

agree with you there. You'se and Melbourne are both in the same boat. Playing nowhere near their best footy and still undefeated 5 rounds into the comp. Scary thought really

Timmah

Staff member
Charlie, I said worst half of football, not game ;-) We were fine in the second half apart from the ludicrous kick-for-goal decision.

I think the attacking remark is what I was getting at, they seem to be lacking in that ability to cross the line... which is odd considering they have strike players like Lyon and Stewart still in the lineup... neither are strangers to crossing the line.

CharlieF

Juniors
Orford is the main strike weapon. Everything else is secondary.

As an example, he has only played 65 minutes of NRL this year. He already has 6 try assists.

t-ba

Post Whore
CharlieF said:
Orford is the main strike weapon. Everything else is secondary.

As an example, he has only played 65 minutes of NRL this year. He already has 6 try assists.

Exactly. It's like having a Garage full of Ferrari's but no F*cking Petrol at the moment.

Latest posts