What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

Trentosaurus

Juniors
Even as a Bulldogs fan, who made a rare trip to Sydney for the Dragons game SBW walked out before, I was happy to see Williams back in the NRL.

But the press conference today showed that he's still scum. He won't be a rugby league player in 12 months time. The Roosters shouldn't have been allowed to sign him. The game didn't miss Sonny Bill Williams.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
lol, just what the game needs, another circus act for the gossip coloumnists to write about. Expect the next 12 months of papers to be filled with "will he won't he return to RU" stories. Nice boost for the Kiwis leading into the WC though.

I hope he does play in he WC but I don't think he will. He will be back in RU the second the NRL season finishes. He has no commitment to NZRL.

If he does make himself available he will make the squad but may find it tough to get into the starting side - the kiwis have world class players all over the park and depth.

1. Hoffman / Locke
2. Nightingale / Perrett
3. SKD / Inu
4. Mannering / Matai
5. Vatuvei / Beale
6. Marshall / Leuluai
7. Foran / Johnson
8. McKendry / Bromwich
9. Luke / Fein
10. Matulino / Eastwood
11. Pritchard / Waerea Hargreaves
12. Blair / Kasiano
13. Smith / Proctor

And he's acting like he's doing anyone a favour by coming back. "But I'm being true to my word I gave to Nick. Even though I don't feel like playing this shit game no more, but I need to honour that handshake. You see, I'm not a f**king low-life!"

Ladmate

Bench
I wouldn't mind the signing but it's only a one year deal. You know that merkin will f**k off from the game after the contract.

undertaker

Coach
I hope he does play in he WC but I don't think he will. He will be back in RU the second the NRL season finishes. He has no commitment to NZRL.

Agree, but even if he did want to play in the WC, he will be injured before then so it makes no difference

If he does make himself available he will make the squad but may find it tough to get into the starting side - the kiwis have world class players all over the park and depth.

11. Waerea Hargreaves

:lol: YOu serious? The guy's just another thug wannabe who vanished into obscurity last season. He'll be gone before he knows it

Raider_69

Post Whore
Maria Hargraves is comfortably the most over-rated POS in the NRL
absolute thug without the footballing ability to back it up. God knows how he's a starting front rower for an NRL club

Rambo1'

Juniors
Sonny Bill wants a World cup with the Kiwis or a state of origin with NSW. He doesnt give a crap about the NRL or the Roosters. Whats going to be interesting is what he chooses. The Kiwis or NSW. Would you as a New South Welshman or Australian be accepting of this?

The Great Dane

First Grade
was speaking generally, not directed at any poster or post

chances are? Please, this is RL and this guy is SBW. You would trust him as far as you can throw him. If the money floods in from NZRU, or France or Japan, he's gone
Unless you've got him on the dotted line, you cant count on anything, and even then you cant with SBW!

Its all about selling tickets and merch, which is fine... but its not going to do much for them on the paddock

No problem, I just misunderstood My bad.

skeepe

Immortal
Why do people think he can declare for NSW? Is it because they're idiots?

I think that's it. They're idiots. He's played 7 tests for NZ FFS

Loudstrat

Coach
Sonny Bill wants a World cup with the Kiwis or a state of origin with NSW. He doesnt give a crap about the NRL or the Roosters. Whats going to be interesting is what he chooses. The Kiwis or NSW. Would you as a New South Welshman or Australian be accepting of this?

Going by NSW eligibility interpretation (must have played first rep over 16's in NSW and not have represented another test nation), or Queensland (anyone with an IQ less than 40).

He'd be eligible for both.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Even though I am not a NSW supporter (or a QL supporter, I normally go for the under dog) I would have mixed feelings, I would be pissed because a NSWelshman missed out on making SOO so he could play, but at the same time I would be happy because it would shut up all those Kiwi RU fans that have been saying that SBW did nothing wrong when he left the Bulldogs high and dry.

Edward

Juniors
Some people will love him (Roosters fans), some will hate him (Bulldogs fans, understandably). Personally, I'm just going to enjoy the ride, and not hate on the young man. The circus talk, in my opinion, will only be a circus if you buy into it. If the papers want to dribble about him, just ignore it.

It's created another interest, which I think is good. It's going to be even better watching each opposition forward pack, week-in, week-out, want to get a shot on him. It's added another dimension to season 2013.

skeepe

Immortal
Going by NSW eligibility interpretation (must have played first rep over 16's in NSW and not have represented another test nation), or Queensland (anyone with an IQ less than 40).

He'd be eligible for both.

Are NZ not a test nation now?

Raider_69

Post Whore
perhaps the rules have changed but if he hasnt played a rep game in 4 years or since the last world cup, cant he apply for a change of status, much like Tony Carroll?
or has that loop hole been closed?