What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

skeepe

Immortal
perhaps the rules have changed but if he hasnt played a rep game in 4 years or since the last world cup, cant he apply for a change of status, much like Tony Carroll?
or has that loop hole been closed?

I believe it has, at least as far as NZ are concerned, although I could be wrong.

The Carroll situation was a unique one where the RLIF declared that anyone not selected for their "main" country could be selected for another country they are eligible for, for the purposes of the 2000 World Cup, and not have it count against future eligibility for their declared country. Or something like that, I think.

Raider_69

Post Whore
fair enough.
it would be another bullet to the brain of Int. RL if SBW were allowed to play for anyone but NZ. So im hopeful there is no loop hole to have him play in SOO...

besides if there was, surely Mal would already have him in a QLD jersey at the presser to announce the roosters deal

some11

Referee
He probably wants to play in the NBA in 2014, after doing a stint in the UFC during the offseason

He'll end up playing 19 different sports before he retires to a life of driving buses

:lol:

That's the impression I got from the press conference.

Yosh

Coach
I perfectly understand that international team selection blah blah is a joke but as a NSW supporter I'd take SBW in with open arms. 8 years in a row? We're gonna a decade soon. I'll take whatever I can!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Oh dear. Now theyre talking about him being eligible for NSW. :crazy:

He played for New Zealand, and I know we as NSW Supporters are desperate to end series losing streak, there's no way he should ever play for NSW, because its STATE OF ORIGIN!!!

bottle

Coach
No, it's now 'Choice of Colour'.
Declare your allegiance and away you go lad.
SOO has changed forever. I'd say Wally would be turning in his grave, but it's too soon, waaaay too soon.

I can stomach Bird, Ennis, Stewart and many other players I strongly dislike in the NSW side, but I'd struggle with Sonny there.

Lambretta

First Grade
Maria Hargraves is comfortably the most over-rated POS in the NRL
absolute thug without the footballing ability to back it up. God knows how he's a starting front rower for an NRL club

That's a bit harsh, but I suspect the answer is that we don't have anyone better.

The next question I suppose is "how is that possible?"

Personally i like him and think he's a genuine talent. Funny how your own perspective colours your opinion of someone. Yes he occasionally goes over the top, but I guess for a Roosters fan watching a team devoid of passion, at least it shows he's putting in (to my eyes at least)

Lambretta

First Grade
No, it's now 'Choice of Colour'.
Declare your allegiance and away you go lad.
SOO has changed forever. I'd say Wally would be turning in his grave, but it's too soon, waaaay too soon.

This needs to be fixed and I suspect it will be soon

SBW should not ever play Origin and if he does I will not be watching it.

The whole series has been poisoned by first Queensland picking whoever they could because beating New South Wales means more to them than their own heritage then we see New South Wales start adopting the same tactics out of desperation.

Lambretta

First Grade
besides if there was, surely Mal would already have him in a QLD jersey at the presser to announce the roosters deal

Queensland would have a better case than NSW anyway, because Bondi has a beach and Queensland has more sand than NSW.

yours sincerely Mal Meninga

Big Pete

Referee
Wasn't SBW decked out in Qld gear when they had him on the telecast one year?

Would be ridiculous if we allowed him to play Origin.

Danish

Referee
So SBW has apparently upped the NZ tv rights deal by $1 mill, is going to bring a sellout crowd to his first away game in Auckland, and brought in $50k worth of memberships for the roosters in the few hours since signing with the club.

Yep... Terrible move to have him back in the game :sarcasm:

morley101

Juniors
For only $550,000 for the season.. Channel 9 are throwing a lot cash above
that to top his salary up..

The Eagle

Juniors
The amount of butthurt dogs fans in this thread is phenomenal

Their tears are bittersweet on my pallet

Tone83

Juniors
I'm happy that the roosters will have one player at the level of souths 10th best player. Poor little fellas.

carcharias

Immortal
the bloke is a tool, no doubting that.

Would I want him at my team for one year? yeah
However ...that injury he has has kept other players out for 12 months.

So I doubt he will be playing for yonks yet.

Latest posts