What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW sinbinned for shoulder charge on debut

no name

Referee
Cue the "Shoulder charges should be legal in RU" whinge from SBW, Nasser & co.

After that it will be the foreign players should be able to play for the All Blacks

It was against a second grade side, wasn't it?
Mind you, I'm not trying to imply France's second grade RU teams are crap. Here's hoping top grade reality hits him hard.

Actually I think it was against a third division team.
That's like the Bulldogs playing against the Port Macquarie Sharks

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wait wait to hear how Shoulder charges are only banned because the big islanders are good at them, and therefore it is a racist rule

I heard he spent his pre match hiding in the toilets :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
God,I laughed so hard when I heard this news.

I'm sure Williams will be good at Union despite this hurdle,but the shoulder charge is his signature move...it's why he was a superstar in League.
Without being able to offload and shoulder charge he then just becomes some kiwi from Aus that hasn't played Union before.

screeny

Bench
Did anyone read the article by Weidler on SMH; did you see the size of the belly on one of SBW's team-mates?!? Jesus, what a joke sport....

icewind

Juniors
SBW should have read this on his plane flight over...

51XV03AF5KL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU02_AA240_SH20_.jpg

mmm.. looks like they made a mistake with the title. They forgot the "is" between "Union" and "For"

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Give $BW a chance fellas, hes just trying to earn the hardest hitting player tag in RU :p.

What a d*ck he is.

But since that low life has left, hardest hitter tag should go to Steve Matai. Week in week out provides some of the best hits ever. ;-)

Vimpy

Juniors
What a pillock. Maybe he is as stupid as you say he is.

That said, the shoulder charge has no place in either code. It is a dangerous act that requires no skill.

I'm curious why some of you think his League offloading skills will be lost on Union. The ability to offload in the tackle is much-prized in union -- although he'll have to contend with the fact that his opponents will be trying to get the ball off him, which he won't be used too.

no name

Referee
What a pillock. Maybe he is as stupid as you say he is.

That said, the shoulder charge has no place in either code. It is a dangerous act that requires no skill.

I'm curious why some of you think his League offloading skills will be lost on Union. The ability to offload in the tackle is much-prized in union -- although he'll have to contend with the fact that his opponents will be trying to get the ball off him, which he won't be used too.

Are you serious? Shoulder charges don't require skill?
Quite obviously you haven't you ever seen a shoulder charge that doesn't come off.
As for the offload comment, one of the main reason SBW's offload is so effective is becaise he usually holds the ball in 1 hand which becomes null and void in union

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was an awesome hit, one of his best ever. The funny thing was he put on such a blatant illegal tackle and just about killed the opposition player, and no-one from the other side even squared up to him. They just stood and watched.

ibeme

First Grade

It's only dangerous if you get it wrong. Therein lies the skill. SBW always gets it right.

Quite a contradiction that RU bans shoulder charges yet holds up their scrums as being something to behold. How many lives have to be ruined due to spinal chord injuries for scrums to atleast be changed. They're pointless things that have to contuously get repacked anyway. How many get won against the feed these days? How many don't end in a penalty? The spinal chord is a hell of thing to risk for that.

Kiki

First Grade
i love that we all predicted this would happen and it totally did. amazing.

orochimaru

Juniors
From what I saw of the footage of the game , he was fairly carving the opposition up untill that shoulder charge.