What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW - the face of Rugby League for 2014?

Aragorn

First Grade
the kid can play.

seriously, should/could the NRL pursue him as their face for 2014? Less risk of him f**king it up like Stewart, Marshall or Barba....

He doesnt drink, has a strong work ethic, is mature, well balanced with a humble attitude.

Just the sort of off field attributes rugby league is in dire need of right now.

A good carrot to entice him to stay in the sport longer?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
the kid can play.

seriously, should/could the NRL pursue him as their face for 2014? Less risk of him f**king it up like Stewart, Marshall or Barba....

He doesnt drink, has a strong work ethic, is mature, well balanced with a humble attitude.

Just the sort of off field attributes rugby league is in dire need of right now.

A good carrot to entice him to stay in the sport longer?

I would say yes in theory. There would likely be a backlash from fans across many clubs though.

Another low risk option is Thruston.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Only reason i probably wouldn't have him is the uncertainty of him being in the game, if we get a certain time period he is willing to commit to league then have him as the face for that period.

I'd have Greg Inglis based on the fact he is one of Australia's best players atm (and of all time), he is in form, he plays for a foundation club, he is Indigenous (further promotion to more Indigenous people) and he's contracted to Souths until the end of 2017, and willing to commit.

Only reason i probably wouldn't have him is the uncertainty of him being in the game, if we get a certain time period he is willing to commit to league then have him as the face for that period.

I'd have Greg Inglis based on the fact he is one of Australia's best players atm (and of all time), he is in form, he plays for a foundation club, he is Indigenous (further promotion to more Indigenous people) and he's contracted to Souths until the end of 2017, and willing to commit.

:lol:

drake

First Grade
Can we get someone with an IQ higher than a walnut? SBW and Inglis are fantastic players but sound so bloody thick when they speak to the media.
Thurston may sound like a bogan, but at least he has charisma.

BunniesMan

Immortal
To be the face of the NRL in 2014 you kinda have to be playing in the NRL in 2014.

He has always loved Union more. Playing in a Union world cup will be a million times more attractive to him than being the face of the NRL.

He will be gone.

betcats

Referee
I wouldnt care im just sick of hearing people say the game cannot afford to lose him next year, we lost him once and the world didnt fall apart.

Tommy Smith

Referee

a-history-of-violence-cover-3.jpg

That rules him out.

I would like for the NRL to go out in securing both SBW and Israel Folau for 2014 and having a double header at ANZ to open the season.

Say Bulldogs (Folau) vs Dragons and Roosters (SBW) vs Souths.

With awesome Australian bands playing throughout like Temper Trap and Silver Chair.

Now that's how you start a season.

Paullyboy

Coach
Stupid idea, don't make someone like him the face of anything, he'll just leave and make you look like a fool.

Shaun Fensom is the man they need!

eozsmiles

Bench
The game needs at least three "faces" - one from here, one from NZ, and probably one from UK.

DCE, Johnson, Surgess wouldn't be a bad trio.

Bonus is that if one screws up then you've got two left.

The idea that GI would be good because he plays for a foundation club is outdated. The game is looking to promote expansion rather than promote it's limited roots. Other than that he'd be a fair choice if you could get past the lying and court cases.

adamkungl

Immortal
To be the face of the NRL in 2014 you kinda have to be playing in the NRL in 2014.

He has always loved Union more. Playing in a Union world cup will be a million times more attractive to him than being the face of the NRL.

He will be gone.

Thank you thank you thank you :D

Fire

First Grade
SBW would be good. They'll probably give it to Inglis.

Although I have a feeling there won't be one single "face of league" next year, but a few to smile for the ads and all that bullshit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd rather a player that gave a shit about the game and not just his bank balance be the face of our great game.

Latest posts