What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW - the face of Rugby League for 2014?

Tommy Smith

Referee
To be the face of the NRL in 2014 you kinda have to be playing in the NRL in 2014.

He has always loved Union more. Playing in a Union world cup will be a million times more attractive to him than being the face of the NRL.

He will be gone.
Well that didn't take long! There's an article up on foxsports (on my mobile so can't link atm) that says SBW is set to re-sign for 2014.

You're a genius, BunniesMan!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It should be Matt Scott.

Every kid grows up dreaming of being a prop, taking the ball up for your teammates and working your arse off while the wussy boys do all the fancy stuff setting up and scoring tries.

And he is the best one in the game.

Brutus

Referee
There will be no face of the game just like there wasn't last year.

Just because someone helps out at the season launch doesn't mean they are the face of the game.

Brutus

Referee
On the radio this morning it was mentioned SBW will sign for the chooks again next year. 1 million bucks apparently.

Ozzy

First Grade
Thenyou need to oil it more. ;-) I don't think it should be SBW as by the sounds of a news story on the radio this morning, he is Union bound in 2015. No need to give them ammunition to say they lured the face of RL. Btw thanks BM for securing SBW for 2014 to the Roosters.

I nominate AlwaysGreen as the face of Rugby League.

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Thenyou need to oil it more. ;-) I don't think it should be SBW as by the sounds of a news story on the radio this morning, he is Union bound in 2015. No need to give them ammunition to say they lured the face of RL. Btw thanks BM for securing SBW for 2014 to the Roosters.

I nominate AlwaysGreen as the face of Rugby League.

I change my call from Rusty and agree it should be AlwaysGreen.

Danish

Referee
To be the face of the NRL in 2014 you kinda have to be playing in the NRL in 2014.

He has always loved Union more. Playing in a Union world cup will be a million times more attractive to him than being the face of the NRL.

He will be gone.

A mere 16 hours later...

Roosters star Sonny Bill Williams to stick with NRL for 2014

EXCLUSIVE: RUGBY league has their man - Sonny Bill Williams will stay in the NRL for another year.

The Daily Telegraph can today exclusively reveal Williams will spurn the All Blacks for 2014 and sign a new one-year contract with the Sydney Roosters.

It is understood the deal would be worth about $1 million.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...ith-nrl-for-2014/story-fndv38w0-1226673418156

You just couldn't script this stuff any better :lol:

drake

First Grade
1 year contract? Wow, Rooster for life. Can't buy that kind of loyalty.

Bengal

Juniors
You just couldn't script this stuff any better :lol:
Interesting news - I would be surprised. I believe the lure of the All Blacks, the next world cup and the prestige that comes with all that will soon lure him back to Union. A million dollar contract - sure he can get that from a short stint in Japan. The Chiefs environment is also very attractive to him. Would be nice to have him a bit longer but him being here has all been a bonus anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Sonny Bill Williams @SonnyBWilliams

I have not signed or committed to anything for next year and won't be doing so until I feel the time is right.

vinnie delpino

Juniors
Face of the NRL that cant play in the pinnacle of the game! SBW will be back in Black next year ALL BLACK that is. Benji to union as well, probably other kiwis will jump as well. There a higher ceiling to what they can achieve in Union than in the NRL.

Loudstrat

Coach
A one year contract at the Roosters is life membership innit?

To everyone else the plane to the IRB has been delayed a bit - so he stays a little longer in the transit lounge.

Face of the game has to be this man -

• beaming smile,
  • indigenous,
  • doesnt drink cruisers
  • relaxes INSIDE the house
  • No risk of chicks approaching him and then laying charges
  • wholesome
  • future CC medallist and immortal......

Chris+Sandow+NRL+Rd+5+Eels+v+Sea+Eagles+CvfjC3OjbSIl.jpg

Latest posts