What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCG 4th Test: Australia v India on Jan 6-10, 2015

I've lost all interest in limited overs cricket and Tests are all the matters. I'll give the world cup a chance but I'll doubt ill care

Red Bear

Referee
Harris should be bowling. He's the best we have
Harris looked shot today, sadly. He had a couple of strong overs, one where he peppered Sharma then next over Darsh dropped that catch. Otherwise he looked down on pace and just wasn't bowling that well.

2-0 is such a poor reflection of the series. Zero killer instinct from this aussie side unfortunately
Wow, a side missing their captain and a strike bowler and with a few guys very early on in their test careers doesn't manage to get the job done. Better slit our wrists.

Some of the catching was certainly diabolical. I like Burns, i just hope he fields places that arent short leg in future. Haddin fluffed chances, ditto Watson, even Smith who is usually a sure thing. Maybe just one of those tests but that really was not good enough.

Otherwise though there were twin half centuries for a bloke in his second test, more runs for Smith, and some decent bowling spells from our quicks.

Hazlewood was outstanding today, although the spell he got his second wicket he did look to be waning a little. He was really impressive though, on a pitch that didn't suit. Should've got Murali plumb LBW and was generally all over the batsmen.

Starc also put in a couple of good spells with the old ball but was then terrible with the new ball. I'm far from a fan of him but he gave a glimpse, at least, of why he is rated.

Learning curve for Smith as well. Thought we were too defensive in the middle of the day. There was a 15-20 over period where Watson, Starc and Hazlewood primarily were bowling and getting a bit of reverse swing, bowling very well, but the fields were just not attacking enough to put doubt in the batsmens mind. He'll be better for it.

doyen

Bench
It's just about win the toss & win the test,I reckon!
The Aussies won 3 against India so had a distinct advantage psychologically!!

The first toss won should be the only one that gets an advantage.Each team should then take their turn at "winning the toss."The team that wins the first toss in an Ashes series would have the advantage of 3 "tosses" at best.
Seems a fairer way to go.
In theory;a captain could win all 5 tosses in an Ashes series & virtually give the other side little chance of success!
The toss should be "outdated."

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's just about win the toss & win the test,I reckon!
The Aussies won 3 against India so had a distinct advantage psychologically!!

The first toss won should be the only one that gets an advantage.Each team should then take their turn at "winning the toss."The team that wins the first toss in an Ashes series would have the advantage of 3 "tosses" at best.
Seems a fairer way to go.
In theory;a captain could win all 5 tosses in an Ashes series & virtually give the other side little chance of success!
The toss should be "outdated."

We won all 4 tosses when we were in India and lost 4-0

Tigers1986

Juniors
Nathan Lyon today proved why he is not yet a consistent performer at test level. He was bowling too quick and straight which was easily defended, minus the few that kept low and got the wickets. A good series win but definitely room for improvement with Australia from this series.

I was mostly disappointed with the pitches - it was too heavily skewed towards the bat and ruined the contest for mine. A little grass would've done wonders.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Geez Lyon was quite ordinary in the last session.

He was lucky with the Saha wicket.

Shane Warne was so annoying in last 30-40mins. He spoilt the end imo.

He keeps talking up Lyon and coming with stupid scenarios that won't happen. Warne said oh I sense a run out as well.

Brilliant effort from Rahane to hang in there when wickets kept falling and Kumar did well too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our fielding really needs to improve it was disappointing. We kind of fielded like the Poms.

But I was happy with Haddin's keeping.