What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCG 4th Test: Australia v India on Jan 6-10, 2015

JJ

Immortal
Pretty dire series tbh, on the face of it some impressive performances with the bat, but not really...

Smith was wonderful, and a deserved man of the series in many ways - but for the most part Kohli was his equal, the difference really was the Aust attack which was decent, as opposed to Ashwin aside a terrible Indian attack - the only consistent selection was Ishant who in most ways is their worst bowler

Ryan Harris is tremendous - his stats didn't do him justice.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was shocked and amazed when Lyon was given the last over

2 wickets in 5 days and we pinned our hopes on him to take 3 in one over, very poor decision

Our quicks did look pretty fatigued though but any one of them would have done a better job.

Our selectors need to rethink our spinning options, Lyon has had enough chances and all he's capable of is a wicket here and there. He does f**k all against the top 4 or 5 batsmen and gives them far too many easy runs with zero penetration.

doyen

Bench
Look--I think you're right about Lyon!

Any decent batsman worth his salt should not only play him,but thrash the hell out of him---WITH A STUMP!!!
Frankly,I think we're desperate for a decent spinner!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Look--I think you're right about Lyon!

Any decent batsman worth his salt should not only play him,but thrash the hell out of him---WITH A STUMP!!!
Frankly,I think we're desperate for a decent spinner!

Yep hopefully in near future a spinner can step up but at the moment no one is unfortunately.

We will have to take Lyon to the Ashes I reckon. I would prefer Agar but I don't think selectors will go that way.

doyen

Bench
I just love Twizzle's--

"Lyon takes 2 wickets in 5 days & we expect him to take 3 in one over."

Warnie gives me the "sh-ts" the way he talks Lyon up.

Warnie is one of the smartest cricketers ever but he overjaws a bit too much;at times making a fool of himself.In pushing Lyon he is on a hiding to nothing!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's just about win the toss & win the test,I reckon!
The Aussies won 3 against India so had a distinct advantage psychologically!!

The first toss won should be the only one that gets an advantage.Each team should then take their turn at "winning the toss."The team that wins the first toss in an Ashes series would have the advantage of 3 "tosses" at best.
Seems a fairer way to go.
In theory;a captain could win all 5 tosses in an Ashes series & virtually give the other side little chance of success!
The toss should be "outdated."
Ummmm yeah nah.

Latest posts