What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quicksilver

Bench
China did such a wonderful job of alerting the world about the COVID-19 when it started: NOT. That's probably why they bought all these gold ingots, too busy
Russia? Well if they're not shooting down civilian airliners, they are apparently buying gold ingots, or imprisoning journalists.
Oh and the Perth Mint has gold for sale.i'm sure that assists pandemics.

Yes, both despicable regimes.

And they are making strategic moves while Donald Trump calls people funny names.

taipan

Referee
Yes, both despicable regimes.

And they are making strategic moves while Donald Trump calls people funny names.

Trump is a disaster there now ,and thank Uranus he's over there not here.

Of course they are trying to benefit out of the mess ,China a commie keep stuff hidden regime, and Russia an authoritarian former commie regime.Their populations are just numbers.

We are fortunate to have a compassionate and hard working leader ,who is working 18 hours per day ,trying to get us through this sh*t. Like him or not ,he's getting off his a*se trying to protect us.

He is trying to save your way of life.
Der
There you have it. Absolutely ridiculous. Its gone . Cannot go back to same old same old.... Corona virus just speeded up Economic disaster we were headed for . Interesting to see how the reduced emissions is effecting the Planet too .Seems to be making a difference already . Go figure !
Who best to lead us out of the economic crisis after Pandemic settles down ? I dont Know but the current mob seems to be on a trajectory that can only be halted by Printing money , or "Quantitative easing ". That's only a temporary fix that will make long term worse . Only real fix is to make people realise there's going to have to be a different -- far less affluent ---far more frugal and sustainable ---far more "in house productive ,---"way of life " Not sure about Steve keen stuff on debt . I know USA forgave Australian debt after ww1 to help ease the recovery from Depression. UK did not . This time around I cant see Any foreign countries writing off debts, Scary times.

Speaking of Plans--- "the Plan" The Plan" ---- I dont see any one with a reasonable recovery Plan . Scomo just doing necessary stuff to "Flatten the curve ",and got it wrong letting Cruise ship dock and disembark Covid carriers . That sort of thing should have seen heads roll from very top down. Never should have happened . Qld keeping Election shop open for a while will save them cost of re doing the whole thing and would not effect the curve much at all . Apparently the curve is necessary to run its course .. Eions link said as much though I doubt any of the "too many words " whingers read that far in it . .

Oh yeah ... Nice of Peter Pan to officially ignore me when he already claimed not to read or be bothered by my posts . YAY! :D At least now he wont be posting his juvenile ,unrelated ,deflective , but succinct ,little turds.

Sharkman

Juniors
If there hadn't been a Costello surplus presented to Rudd and Co,they would have been in sh*tter's ditch ,trying to finance school assembly halls etc.

If there hadn't been sensible economy managing in 2018/9 by the Libs the ScoMo govt would not be in the position to do what they are doing ,without letting our grandkids etc paying fo0r it over eons.

Labor knows how to spend even in the good times, economy managers? Na pass.

To be fair Taip, our grandkids will 100% be paying for this.

The level of debt the commonwealth and states will rack up on top of their current budget positions will be insane.

Not saying there’s another option, just that generations upon generations will be paying this back.

Or, it won’t matter because we’ll have become an outreach Chinese state in 50 years. (Takes off tinfoil hat)

Eion

First Grade
There you have it. Absolutely ridiculous. Its gone . Cannot go back to same old same old.... Corona virus just speeded up Economic disaster we were headed for . Interesting to see how the reduced emissions is effecting the Planet too .Seems to be making a difference already . Go figure !
Who best to lead us out of the economic crisis after Pandemic settles down ? I dont Know but the current mob seems to be on a trajectory that can only be halted by Printing money , or "Quantitative easing ". That's only a temporary fix that will make long term worse . Only real fix is to make people realise there's going to have to be a different -- far less affluent ---far more frugal and sustainable ---far more "in house productive ,---"way of life " Not sure about Steve keen stuff on debt . I know USA forgave Australian debt after ww1 to help ease the recovery from Depression. UK did not . This time around I cant see Any foreign countries writing off debts, Scary times.

Speaking of Plans--- "the Plan" The Plan" ---- I dont see any one with a reasonable recovery Plan . Scomo just doing necessary stuff to "Flatten the curve ",and got it wrong letting Cruise ship dock and disembark Covid carriers . That sort of thing should have seen heads roll from very top down. Never should have happened . Qld keeping Election shop open for a while will save them cost of re doing the whole thing and would not effect the curve much at all . Apparently the curve is necessary to run its course .. Eions link said as much though I doubt any of the "too many words " whingers read that far in it . .
Interesting the government action you’re ok with through this was the labor Queensland decision to keep open election booths.

taipan

Referee
To be fair Taip, our grandkids will 100% be paying for this.

The level of debt the commonwealth and states will rack up on top of their current budget positions will be insane.

Not saying there’s another option, just that generations upon generations will be paying this back.

Or, it won’t matter because we’ll have become an outreach Chinese state in 50 years. (Takes off tinfoil hat)

Mate I know, and I am as upset as anyone on that fact.I'd give my life for my kids and grandkids.The thought of them struggling for years ,due to ignorance by China leaves me gutted.
But under current circumstances, people have to live and have a roof over their heads.

That's why I am well and truly p*ssed with the Chinese Govt for keeping mum on the early infections ,and if they had done the right thing and shut down early, the pandemic would not have existed.That's why I despise authoritarian Govts left or right,

They are the ones who will benefit long term out of this.Their president should be thrown into the clink .

Quicksilver

Bench
Mate I know, and I am as upset as anyone on that fact.I'd give my life for my kids and grandkids.The thought of them struggling for years ,due to ignorance by China leaves me gutted.
But under current circumstances, people have to live and have a roof over their heads.

That's why I am well and truly p*ssed with the Chinese Govt for keeping mum on the early infections ,and if they had done the right thing and shut down early, the pandemic would not have existed.That's why I despise authoritarian Govts left or right,

They are the ones who will benefit long term out of this.Their president should be thrown into the clink .

All you had to do was turn on the TV to see what was happening there. We could have closed things from our end too. We didn't. I can understand why we didn't, it would have seem like very odd action a month or two ago. But that's what leaders are meant to do.