What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quicksilver

Bench
Except any hiding by Govt members or opposition, eventually comes out ,and the press makes merry hell of it. The virus debacle shows exactly what the Chinese Govt does, a real snow job, keep the bastards (the world)guessing.

Some does come out. Some has to wait 30 odd years until everyone involved is dead or at least no longer accountable. Some remains censored. Some is just hidden among shit.

Eion

First Grade
No, I'd like to rely less on global supply chains.

I'd like to limit having things pointlessly being shipped around the world when a local product will do. Obviously that can't apply for every product. But less transportation would be good for the planet. And the use of local skills would be result in less exploitation and a more balanced economy.
Nonsense.

Spanish flu, smallpox, Black Death etc etc say hi. Far less ‘globalisation’ back then.

If your red mates had’ve been ‘transparent’ the global comms could have kicked in and the impact would have been far less.

Quicksilver

Bench
Nonsense.

Spanish flu, smallpox, Black Death etc etc say hi. Far less ‘globalisation’ back then.

If your red mates had’ve been ‘transparent’ the global comms could have kicked in and the impact would have been far less.

yes, and back then our understanding and treatment of viruses and infection was pretty much on par with today too.

Oh yes. My red mates. The ones I berate in nearly every post.

If we’re going to take sides like that, don’t make me tap the sign with Trump written on it. Winning big for the capitalists.

Eion

First Grade
yes, and back then our understanding and treatment of viruses and infection was pretty much on par with today too.

Oh yes. My red mates. The ones I berate in nearly every post.

If we’re going to take sides like that, don’t make me tap the sign with Trump written on it. Winning big for the capitalists.
Ha, try again. I’d much rather a 1920s ventilator and ICU bed. Go further back and they’d be bunging leeches on chests for this.

Australia currently has a 4 per mill death rate. It was 2,400 for the Spanish flu. On par.

Eion

First Grade
Oh I see, we’re better at it now. But that supports the advancements made by evil globilisation

Quicksilver

Bench
Oh I see, we’re better at it now. But that supports the advancements made by evil globilisation

globalisation in general isn’t evil. It would just be better if supply lines for a lot of goods were shortened and minimum employment conditions upheld.

That in itself would take a degree of global cooperation.

taipan

Referee
Some does come out. Some has to wait 30 odd years until everyone involved is dead or at least no longer accountable. Some remains censored. Some is just hidden among shit.

The vast majority comes out in a very short space of time. in democracies .Whereas in China,it's kept hidden from the people. eg Tianemen Square 1989, still majority of population have not a clue what happened:31 years.They are given SFA info on what is happening in Hong Kong
Oh and corruption is dealt with quietly by either sacking, jail or execution, musn't soil the party.

carcharias

Immortal
The vast majority comes out in a very short space of time. in democracies .Whereas in China,it's kept hidden from the people. eg Tianemen Square 1989, still majority of population have not a clue what happened:31 years.They are given SFA info on what is happening in Hong Kong
Oh and corruption is dealt with quietly by either sacking, jail or execution, musn't soil the party.
I had a Chinese guy who came here after Tiananmen square.
Worked with me.
I was only young .
This is how f**king weird China is.
He had never heard of the Beatles.
I shit you not!

Ha, try again. I’d much rather a 1920s ventilator and ICU bed. Go further back and they’d be bunging leeches on chests for this.

Australia currently has a 4 per mill death rate. It was 2,400 for the Spanish flu. On par.

Only advancemens that have made this pandemic “seem” worse than the Spanish flu etc are advancements in news coverage and social media.

it’s like when a cyclone brews up there’s camera crews everywhere begging for a gust of wind and some nitwit in a macintosh in front of the camera making it sound 10 million times worse than it is and blaming climate change. if cyclone Tracey were to hit today news crews would lose their minds and Greta would be front and centre

[QUOTE="taipan, post: You better ask the late Gough Whitlam...........

lol Cant tie knots? Tie lots! Maybe you might want to edit that post a bit or even delete it.Ill give you the chance because if I cant sleep straight away after work I might address some of the more ridiculous bits for a laugh.

Only advancemens that have made this pandemic “seem” worse than the Spanish flu etc are advancements in news coverage and social media.

it’s like when a cyclone brews up there’s camera crews everywhere begging for a gust of wind and some nitwit in a macintosh in front of the camera making it sound 10 million times worse than it is and blaming climate change. if cyclone Tracey were to hit today news crews would lose their minds and Greta would be front and centre

Thats why you should read the Bom and Csiro science journals etc,....not media sensationalism .That would reassure you that its all just normal, business as ussual ..Oh wait.

Last edited:
I had a Chinese guy who came here after Tiananmen square.
Worked with me.
I was only young .
This is how f**king weird China is.
He had never heard of the Beatles.
I shit you not!
That surprised you Peter? We had Spanish , basque,Even mexican workers from small villages(many excellent musicians, ) in the sixties who had no idea about rock and roll ,

Maybe they just didnt want to know and put the beetles on ignore haha!