What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
I think he'll be a star with the Tigers. A vastly UNDERRATED player IMO

He'll be playing hooker or off the bench come round ten...... he certainly isn't a halfback. ;-) And the only way he'll play hooker ahead of Farah is if Farah is injured......

parra pete

Referee
lucablight said:
I simply cannot understand how anyone can think John Morris will make a better halfback than Tim Smith.

NOW THIS IS JUST MY OPINION..AND REMEMBER YOU CAN"T BE WRONG IN OPINIONS....

One's got nerve, the other hasn't..One plays consistently, the other doesn't. One can hack it in the NRL, the other can't. One can tackle, the other can't...One can run the ball, the other can't.
Is that simple enough????

If this stirring the pot and going to cause angst...ignore it.
"Tis the season to be jolly"

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:

One's got nerve, the other hasn't..One plays consistently, the other doesn't. One can hack it in the NRL, the other can't. One can tackle, the other can't...One can run the ball, the other can't.

It's a bit early to say that Tim has'nt got the nerve, he has had one consistent year and one not, he has hacked it in the nrl for one year, bit harsh to say Tim can't tackle, he certainly does not run the ball a lot. I don't think John is a dynamic ball runner himself but I do think he will have a great year with the tigers as half is his best spot. He does'nt have the pace to play 5/8 but with Benji outside him I think he will go well organising things at half.

parra pete

Referee
lucablight said:
If I said Kimmorley was a better halfback than Johns would my opinion not be wrong?

No it wouldn't be because that is YOUR opinion.
It might be a stupid opinion. but it is still YOUR opinion. :lol:

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:

quote]

You forgot the best part... one had skill the otehr doesn't, one has somthing between the ears the other doesn't. One has an imaculate passing game, the other can't pass. One has a pin point kicking game, the others is hopless...
another comman phrase for you to, statistics can be manipulated to prove any point, that is exactly what you do. Opinions can be wrong, if my opinnion was that world is silican based i would be wrong, newtons opinion of the laws of physics are wrong, arhenious opinnion of the structure of the our solar system was wrong. The opinion that the world was flat is worng, somone opinion on religion must be wrong as they contradict themselves... opinions can be wrong, or they can be moronic, im trying to figure which one yours is

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:

Consistent? if my memory serves me right Pete, Morris was shifted around all positions due to his lack of consistency in positions. He was then thrown at 5/8...and it isn't rocket science to work out Morris was only succesful due to playing inside Tim Smith.

And how did Morris go this year without Tim? well that chip kick in the dying seconds of our clash at Jubilee is a good example of Morris 2006 form.

Also you forgot to add one that can pass and kick the ball to that list, aswell.

parra pete

Referee
caylo said:
parra pete said:

quote]

You forgot the best part... one had skill the otehr doesn't, one has somthing between the ears the other doesn't. One has an imaculate passing game, the other can't pass. One has a pin point kicking game, the others is hopless...
another comman phrase for you to, statistics can be manipulated to prove any point, that is exactly what you do. Opinions can be wrong, if my opinnion was that world is silican based i would be wrong, newtons opinion of the laws of physics are wrong, arhenious opinnion of the structure of the our solar system was wrong. The opinion that the world was flat is worng, somone opinion on religion must be wrong as they contradict themselves... opinions can be wrong, or they can be moronic, im trying to figure which one yours is
OK add these :- )
One has skill the other hasn't, one has am immaculate passing game and doesn't throw forward passes, the other hasn't...

If they ARE YOUR OPINIONS they are that - OPINIONS..right or wrong...!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
John's a very good footballer but in terms of natural ability, Tim has it all over him, in fact so is Brett Finch for that matter.

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
OK add these :- )
one has am immaculate passing game and doesn't throw forward passes,
im sorry, but that is probably the worst thing you have ever writen, ever player throws forward passes, most of timmys are the ones that go inside, when running the other way, which almost always look forward, even when they arn't. Im willing to cop a few forward passes though if it adds doubt in the opposition minds as to what you are going to do. Timmy has that, morris doesn't .
parra pete said:
If they ARE YOUR OPINIONS they are that - OPINIONS..right or wrong...!!!

so now your changing your tune... first opinions can't be wrong, now your opinions are opinions wether they are right or wrong. Im sorry opinions can be wrong, and opinions such as Kimmorly is better than Johns, are moronic... your opinions are a bit of both. :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You'll find that 80% of Tims forwards passes aren't even forward, they're flat and it has been proven on many occasions by commentators that he was hard done by.

Atleast Tim is willing to take a risk.

cardinal

Juniors
I think Tim is going to have a great year and pete will have egg on his face at the seasons end, but lets not kid ourselves that Tim has a few areas to work on and throwing forward passes is one of them, I think pete is refering to the long cut out balls rather than the inside balls. I believe Tim and Finch have way more attacking skills than John but their defence will really have to be on the job as John was rock solid in that department.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
caylo said:
im sorry, but that is probably the worst thing you have ever writen, ever player throws forward passes, most of timmys are the ones that go inside, when running the other way, which almost always look forward, even when they arn't. Im willing to cop a few forward passes though if it adds doubt in the opposition minds as to what you are going to do. Timmy has that, morris doesn't .

so now your changing your tune... first opinions can't be wrong, now your opinions are opinions wether they are right or wrong. Im sorry opinions can be wrong, and opinions such as Kimmorly is better than Johns, are moronic... your opinions are a bit of both. :D

I think that post calls for this:
http://img82.exs.cx/img82/4954/OWNED4.jpg
OWNED4.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Nothing causes more controversy than a 'Tim Smith Can't Play' post.
....but 'Tis the season to be jolly.....we have been through it all before....
As for me being wrong, what will it take to convince you all......???

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:

Nothing. We already know you are. :lol: :lol:

Just joking. Merry Christmas.

Suity

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:

im convinced your wrong, for so many reason i'd hate to disclose to you, because it would probably lead you into a spiral of depression, and self hatred... I wouldn't do that to you, what would i do for entertainment.
I'm just glad with you "high profile" selectors job, that you where never demed sane enough to be a selector in any parramatta teams... your judgment seems clouded at best. Is somone paying you to discredit timmy?

Latest posts