What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

parra pete

Referee
Mick Lett is a G U N. I hope he has fully recovered from the leg injury he suffered last year, because if he has we are in for something special I watched him demolish a Qld Under 17 team in the curtain raiser at Lang Park in 2004..A Qld team that Hay Inglis at fullback.
Jarryd Hayne scored 4 tries..Ben Jeffery a couple on the other wing..Mick was left centre and I thought at the time 'Wow this kid is good'.
Big Artie rated him the 'next big thing' at the Roosters. He's a relationto the McGuinness bros, Kev and Ken, and they could play a bit.
I'm quietly excited about him coming to the Eels...

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Mick Lett is a G U N. I hope he has fully recovered from the leg injury he suffered last year, because if he has we are in for something special I watched him demolish a Qld Under 17 team in the curtain raiser at Lang Park in 2004..A Qld team that Hay Inglis at fullback.
Jarryd Hayne scored 4 tries..Ben Jeffery a couple on the other wing..Mick was left centre and I thought at the time 'Wow this kid is good'.
Big Artie rated him the 'next big thing' at the Roosters. He's a relationto the McGuinness bros, Kev and Ken, and they could play a bit.
I'm quietly excited about him coming to the Eels...

That's a different step from First Grade NRl, though.

;-)

sooperdooper

First Grade
as eela has said many times finch is a scapegoat no matter what happens he has copped it when at the roosters and i see it happening here as well

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
as eela has said many times finch is a scapegoat no matter what happens he has copped it when at the roosters and i see it happening here as well

oh! it'll happen alright....this knives are sharpened and the leach's are ready to pounce..and that's even if it's not his fault.

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Big step, I'll agree. Thanks for pointing it out. :lol:

(*thinks* watch your step big mouth..:lol:)

:lol:

I was just teasing, mate!

I totally agree with you - from the lower grade matches I've seen of Lett, he is a supreme talent. Very athletic kid - I can't believe we signed him!

adamkungl

Immortal
As a Roosters fan this Finch business interests me, I'm looking forward to see how he goes at Parra...the way I see it he's not a leader. He was great as a supplement to Fittler back in 03, 04, but as the main playmaker was too inconsistent to be truly effective. When he's on, he's on, but when he's off....wow is he off. I think if Smith plays well, Finch will play well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
adamkungl said:
As a Roosters fan this Finch business interests me, I'm looking forward to see how he goes at Parra...the way I see it he's not a leader. He was great as a supplement to Fittler back in 03, 04, but as the main playmaker was too inconsistent to be truly effective. When he's on, he's on, but when he's off....wow is he off. I think if Smith plays well, Finch will play well.

just a quick question or 2

I was intrigued to find out that he won the supporters choice player of the year last year, baring the poor season you guys had, did he in your opinion, deserve that award? and should he have been held accountable for the poor team performance throughout the year? also did Ricky use him properly?

sorry to bombard you, just curious.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:

I was intrigued to find out that he won the supporters choice player of the year last year, baring the poor season you guys had, did he in your opinion, deserve that award? and should he have been held accountable for the poor team performance throughout the year? also did Ricky use him properly?

... and if a train leaves central at 4pm travelling at 50km/h and ...

;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:

;-)

you better ask eelaholic that one she's our resident public transport guru. ;-)

parra pete

Referee
strider said:

;-)

.....yes, it was the 3.30 train running late, that's why it had to speed up to 50 km/h :D

Ryan

Juniors
As you guys know, I support The Eagles, but I hope Finch has a really good year. I don't think Ricky Stuart treated him properly (switching his position all the time), which hurt The Roosters season - hence Stuarts sacking.

Michael Hagan is an awesome coach that with all but one year, had his team as one of the most dominating teams going around in The Knights.

Sounds like Riddell is having a HUGE off season, as Luke Burt would be a great fullback going forward (I remember him scoring multiple tries against a few teams when he came back).

That means your 1, 6, 9 (and hopefully Tim Smith) are set for a big and good year, and they are the most important positions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ryan said:
As you guys know, I support The Eagles, but I hope Finch has a really good year. I don't think Ricky Stuart treated him properly (switching his position all the time), which hurt The Roosters season - hence Stuarts sacking.

mate, it's not rocket science that's exactly what i've been saying all along. there was absolutely no cohesion in that side at all last year.

* Finch being stuffed around.

* Persisting Anasta at five eight.

* putting Cross on the Wing.

* no Minichello

* Craig Wing, like Finch was stuffed around all year.

* Craig Fitzgibben playing front rower.

* not trying to curb Morley's tackling style and aggresion.

all of the above was Ricky Stuart's doing with the exception of Mini's injury. I think the 2006 Roosters side is a classic case of a coach being there a year or 2 to long.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Ryan said:

Michael Hagan is an awesome coach that with all but one year, had his team as one of the most dominating teams going around in The Knights.

Sounds like Riddell is having a HUGE off season, as Luke Burt would be a great fullback going forward (I remember him scoring multiple tries against a few teams when he came back).

That means your 1, 6, 9 (and hopefully Tim Smith) are set for a big and good year, and they are the most important positions.

Mate are you sure you support the Eagles :lol: Every other manly fan that comes in here, dribbles more crap then dunley!

You actually had something nice to say, good on ya :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
eelavation said:

hmmm...I can say he put in a 100% effort every week, you can always tell he's passionate. He was one of the few players I could have said this for last season, a lot of them just didn't look like they were pulling their weight. That said though, I would not have voted him player of the year, I most likely would have voted Tupou. I'd say his form was too inconsistent to deserve that award. No, I don't think he should have been held accountable. As said above, there were many players who just didn't look up to scratch. Personally, I put more blame on Ricky Stuart's constant team shuffling, and Anasta's lack of form. With Anasta playing poorly, Wing half the time not playing Hooker when he was clearly the best man for the job, and the forwards just not firing, Finch had very little to work with.

Hallatia

Referee
if this year according to Brett Finch was "one of my most consistent seasons" I do not want to see what his inconsistent seasons look like

parra pete

Referee
He was consistent by his inconsistency...:lol:
In my opinion he is a great buy.....I would have liked to have kept John Morris at five eight and had the Finch/Morris combination at the scrum base.
I think the Eels will really miss J Morris who will be a terrific pickup by the Tigers.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
John Morris was good when Tim was firing. This year showed Johns last of creativity.

I think Morris is a hooker, much like Brad Drew. They can give you some good games at half, but they're most consistent at hooker.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
John Morris was good when Tim was firing. This year showed Johns last of creativity.

I think Morris is a hooker, much like Brad Drew. They can give you some good games at half, but they're most consistent at hooker.

As a hooker Morris made a better half or 5/8.

Latest posts