What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

Angry_eel

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Seems most people only like stats when it suits them. When I mention stats I'm told I should watch the game instead, hmm..

19 try assists is all well and good but the Roosters thumped a few sides and Finch would have tallied a few there. Plus a try assist is whoever threw the last pass to someone, if Finch threw it to Soliola and he smashed through three defenders to score Finch gets an assist to his name. And that is less than one a game, would you say that is good enough for a state of origin halfback?

The amount of people here who put sh*t on this bloke after origin and even before then who now talk him up as one of our best buys ever amazes me. If he is so good why is it only a few overly optomistic fans from Parramatta that seem to rate him. I dare you to ask the main forum what their opinion of his 2006 is, I'm sure I'd be in the majority in saying he was useless.
Fact is jay that the deal is done. he's here so rather than bagging out your own players how bout giving them a bit of support eh?

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
Seems most people only like stats when it suits them. When I mention stats I'm told I should watch the game instead, hmm..

19 try assists is all well and good but the Roosters thumped a few sides and Finch would have tallied a few there. Plus a try assist is whoever threw the last pass to someone, if Finch threw it to Soliola and he smashed through three defenders to score Finch gets an assist to his name. And that is less than one a game, would you say that is good enough for a state of origin halfback?

The amount of people here who put sh*t on this bloke after origin and even before then who now talk him up as one of our best buys ever amazes me. If he is so good why is it only a few overly optomistic fans from Parramatta that seem to rate him. I dare you to ask the main forum what their opinion of his 2006 is, I'm sure I'd be in the majority in saying he was useless.

yeah! yeah yeah!!...he's useless and he's up himself...I mean really, how could I ever question your opinion, you've obviosly seen every one of his 160 firstgrade games you know the bloke intimately...you've probably played with and against him at the highest level, you've obviously topped 200 first grade games, a few origin and test matches inbetween and have been part of a couple of grand finals..how could i ever question you? ;-)

btw, I don't give a flying f**k what other people especially those in the NRL forum think of him, it wouldn't matter how good he'll play he'll be a human scapegoat no matter what the circumstances were.

btw, you'd be interested to know that the human scapegoat was voted by Roosters FANS!!! as their choice for best and fairest this year. which makes you wonder what he would of done had he worn the 6 shirt all year instead of playing off the bench than shoving him at dummy half all year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:

so the roosters won 8 of 26 games...how many of those were thumpings?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
yeah! yeah yeah!!...he's useless and he's up himself...I mean really, how could I ever question your opinion, you've obviosly seen every one of his 160 firstgrade games you know the bloke intimately...you've probably played with and against him at the highest level, you've obviously topped 200 first grade games, a few origin and test matches inbetween and have been part of a couple of grand finals..how could i ever question you? ;-)

btw, I don't give a flying f**k what other people especially those in the NRL forum think of him, it wouldn't matter how good he'll play he'll be a human scapegoat no matter what the circumstances were.

btw, you'd be interested to know that the human scapegoat was voted by Roosters FANS!!! as their choice for best and fairest this year. which makes you wonder what he would of done had he worn the 6 shirt all year instead of playing off the bench than shoving him at dummy half all year.

I agree with you to give Finch support but unless you have also watched all his games and played at the highest level, what makes your opinion any better than Jay's? Seriously, you have to stop using this you haven't played at the top level so you don't know line.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
I agree with you to give Finch support but unless you have also watched all his games and played at the highest level, what makes your opinion any better than Jay's? Seriously, you have to stop using this you haven't played at the top level so you don't know line.

so you also agree that he's usless and up himself?? ffs you, him and anyone else can think what you want but if representing your state, being voted MVP or whatever by your own fans and having a total of 19 try assists in a season makes you a useless player, than I've never seen a game of rugby league.

personally i don't think he's great, in fact he'll never win us a premiership however he may contribute in some small way as I hope the rest of his team mates do but I for one would rather pass judgement on his performance next year under a different environment and new guidence, but hey that's just me.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
look he has a huge amount of potential.....in his so called incosistent years and his crap yrs as a player he has played in SOO, grandfinals, was halfback of the year and etc.

Hell if hagan can get him to play consitent good footy, then he is the type of player that can win u a GF.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
so you also agree that he's usless and up himself?? ffs you, him and anyone else can think what you want but if representing your state, being voted MVP or whatever by your own fans and having a total of 19 try assists in a season makes you a useless player, than I've never seen a game of rugby league.

personally i don't think he's great, in fact he'll never win us a premiership however he may contribute in some small way as I hope the rest of his team mates do but I for one would rather pass judgement on his performance next year under a different environment and new guidence, but hey that's just me.

You obviously didn't read what I said correctly. I agree about Finch and I think he could be our best buy. Alot of people on here thought it was a bad move by the club but I didn't. What I am saying is that if you didn't watch all his games and you haven't played at the highest level then why does Jay have to, to make his opinion valid. People are always going to have different opinions but his point of view is just as valid as yours and it might just prove to be more accurate than ours.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
You obviously didn't read what I said correctly. I agree about Finch and I think he could be our best buy. Alot of people on here thought it was a bad move by the club but I didn't. What I am saying is that if you didn't watch all his games and you haven't played at the highest level then why does Jay have to, to make his opinion valid. People are always going to have different opinions but his point of view is just as valid as yours and it might just prove to be more accurate than ours.

yeah! that's cool....maan! all i'm saying if he, you or anyone else wants to attack the players integrity without even knowing the bloke personlly and not even offering a constructive critisism, well than that's up to you...I might be seen as playing the man and not the ball, but I see his arguement as being weak with no substance.

btw, I've never at any point said that my knowledge of the game is better than his, in fact in the scheme of things I probably don't know very much about the game but one thing I will never do is question their ability of any firstgrader to play the game at the highest level. and that's one of the reasons why I don't contribute too much in the NRL forum, because you can't really argue with ignorence.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Finch will either be the hero or the villain

It's that simple really. I'm praying that he does fire, as he could end up being a very useful purchase.

strider

Post Whore
we'll kick arse - no worries!!!

(provided our forward pack stays fairly injury free and fires up)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think the forwards are the key. I believe that Finch really has the desire to restore some pride in his game but if he can't get good ball then there will be little he can do.

Stagger eel

Staff member
surprisingly, if the situation with halves don't pan out the way we would like there is some talent below that could be ready to step if they need to, I wouldn't rule out Green, Maloney and Hodkinson as possible alternatives.

The Colonel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think the forwards are the key.

That is what it pretty much comes back to regardless of how you argue the point. We go into the season very light on as far as experience goes in the front row, particularly when you consider that Cayless has played more first grade games then the rest of our front rowers combined. It really is up to the likes of Cannings, Tsoulos, Cordoba, Oake and Paulo to stand tall in the front row and help lead the way this season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
surprisingly, if the situation with halves don't pan out the way we would like there is some talent below that could be ready to step if they need to, I wouldn't rule out Green, Maloney and Hodkinson as possible alternatives.

Hodkinson showed some potential last year but I would rather not expose him to grade too young. Blake has matured very well from the ball hogging young player that tried to win games all on his own. He even admits that he could relax more last year and just inject himself at the right time.

I am so looking forward to next year. Hopefully we can go three in a row. Oh and the NRL team doing well would be nice as well.

parra pete

Referee
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Finch will either be the hero or the villain

It's that simple really. I'm praying that he does fire, as he could end up being a very useful purchase.

He starts the season in better form than Tim Smith finished 2006. That's for sure......He'll be a terrific purchase, in my opinion. Just what we need to set the backs alight.....and I prefer him at half back.....

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
and I prefer him at half back

IMO from that quote, i can see you dont know much about the halfbacks game....yes he was a halfback but finch couldnt organise a root in a brothel.
Either your half or 5/8th has to be dominating the play and take control by organising the attack.

T.Smith can do this, Finch can not, thus we will see smith get and keep the halfback role. LOL it just amazes me that u think finch is more capable of leading our team then t.smith at half....i think at times you just write things caus you know you get a responce....but you do it to often.

Latest posts