What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

parra pete

Referee
:lol: Probably do too...But I do think Finch is a better prospect than Tim Smith. I'll make this little wager with you.....Finch will play more games than Tim Smith at No 7 in 2007 (No money, just a little credibility bet, if you know what I mean)
The loser to post "I am a know all who knows nothing"

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably do too...But I do think Finch is a better prospect than Tim Smith. I'll make this little wager with you.....Finch will play more games than Tim Smith at No 7 in 2007 (No money, just a little credibility bet, if you know what I mean)

Ill go with that, providing that means finch will become 7 because of form not injury. If so im in.
The only way T.Smith will be dropped is if he is not performing, for him not to peform will mean our fowards will be getting dominated.....IMO Finch will have bigger problems if this occurs then T.SMith.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
A combination of both Finch and Smith is certainly a mouth-watering prospect.

both have the ability for it to be mouth watering, however it may well fall by the wayside very quickly.

spiderdan

Bench
Natalie's Daddy said:
Hodkinson showed some potential last year but I would rather not expose him to grade too young. Blake has matured very well from the ball hogging young player that tried to win games all on his own. He even admits that he could relax more last year and just inject himself at the right time.

I am so looking forward to next year. Hopefully we can go three in a row. Oh and the NRL team doing well would be nice as well.
trent was very close to making his first grade debut last season.

he was brought into the top squad when jeremy smith originally injured his hand and was on standby to play firsts.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
both have the ability for it to be mouth watering, however it may well fall by the wayside very quickly.

I agree. But we'll just have to wait and see! ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
Ill go with that, providing that means finch will become 7 because of form not injury. If so im in.
The only way T.Smith will be dropped is if he is not performing, for him not to peform will mean our fowards will be getting dominated.....IMO Finch will have bigger problems if this occurs then T.SMith.

No each way betting....insufficient starters for place dividends :lol:
I have made a statement Finch will play more in 7 than Tim Smith.
No ifs or buts or conditions...If either is injured, bad luck to them...
Do you want to take it or not?????

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Mouth watering? One of the players is a lemon :lol:

Instincts, abilities, competitiveness...All in Finch's favour, ahead of Morris (in my opinion).

If the Morris/Smith combination could manage to put together as many try assists and linebreak assists as they did, I would assume that a Finch/Smith combination would be much better. ;-)

cardinal

Juniors
eelavation said:
nasty....hope he makes you look like a goose ;-)

It's not nasty just shows a lack of respect to our young players, pete seems to be on a mission to put as much crap on our young boys as he can. Tim of course is his main target but remember that one about Feliti after the prem gf, not being tough enough for nrl, that's when I realised he must be just taking the piss, no one could be that mis judged, especially a man who was such a high profile selector. Lucky for the rest of us who want to see ALL the boys play well is the fact that pete, jayjay and parra dude seem to be the only one's who want to pour on the negativity before a ball has been kicked.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
It's not nasty just shows a lack of respect to our young players, pete seems to be on a mission to put as much crap on our young boys as he can. Tim of course is his main target but remember that one about Feliti after the prem gf, not being tough enough for nrl, that's when I realised he must be just taking the piss, no one could be that mis judged, especially a man who was such a high profile selector. Lucky for the rest of us who want to see ALL the boys play well is the fact that pete, jayjay and parra dude seem to be the only one's who want to pour on the negativity before a ball has been kicked.

to be fair on Pete, he's always maintained that he would love to be proven wrong, I also believe that he's a much better player than what he showed last year, i mean lets face it he wouldn't be using many of his news paper clippings about himself on a current CV ;-) but Pete does need to understand that there were other factors that came to play which no doubtedly hampered his progression, either self inflicted or badluck.

I don't see his opinion on the playing being as disrespectful as I've seen other posters opinions on players in the last day or 2.

Also, regarding his opinion on Feleti...I definitely desagree with his assesment of him, but the intriguing factor there is the we both haven't been proven wrong as yet.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
nasty....hope he makes you look like a goose ;-)

:lol: Hope I get as many bites when I throw a line into the Murrumbidgee River (or what's left of it) from my home bank over Christmas..
You don't need a long neck to be a goose btw...:lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
No each way betting....insufficient starters for place dividends :lol:
I have made a statement Finch will play more in 7 than Tim Smith.
No ifs or buts or conditions...If either is injured, bad luck to them...
Do you want to take it or not?????

Can I ask how that proves your point? :?

Finch will play more games than Tim Smith at No 7 in 2007 (No money, just a little credibility bet, if you know what I mean)

If either is injured it proves nothing in regard to how well they played before or after.....

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:

Mate I was just a selector for Riverina Under 18 rep team ..that doesn't make me high profile :lol:
I haven't seen enough of Feliti to really form an opinion on him. He looked a little soft in the Prem League Grand Final against Newtown, a match, I thought was of very low standard...apart from the effort of Josh Lewis of Newtown, whom I thought was outstanding..and a class above every other player on the field.
Would love to have him (Lewis) at the Eels He is one very good player.
Michael Lett is a good buy imo.He will seriously challenge Ben Smith for a first grade position, if Ben Smith maintains the form he displayed in 2006.
Its no good thinking one thing and saying another.
I LOVE the Eels.I have for as long as I can remember. I get really down when they get beaten.
But I can acknowledge that not every player is the BEST. We are carrying a few.
Don't get carried away by their smart tattoos, funny haircuts, off field personalities. Watch what they DO on the field. Analyse it truthfully.
If you come up with 'yeah that was good' or "no, that was ordinary", stick with your opinion...because that's all they are opinions. Don't follow like sheep.
Opinions are like bums..Everyone has one..

strider

Post Whore
there's nothing wrong with having an opinion about players good or bad - harping on it at EVERY opportunity gets annoying tho

Bigfella

Coach
Pete while we are talking about some of your more controversial opinions, have you reconsidered yours in relation to Eric Grothe Junior? Early in the season you were saying he was a liability for his lack of speed in turning and chasing; you also said he shouldn't be in first grade.

He went on to be one of the most consistent and best players on either side in SOO IMO and may well have retained his Kangaroo position.

Although, to be frank, his form fell away a little towards the end of the year (but having said that he didn't let too many tries in from kicks after the first few games).

I know you like to stir a bit, and my belief is that some of this stems from some of the criticisims of Brian Smith that you have read over the years from fans on this forum. I tend to think you like stirring some people by having a go at some of the players who are others almost exempt from criticism?

BTW - couldn't disagree more about Finch's best position being half. I think he showed enough potential at 5/8 to suggest he has the game which will complement Tim's, rather than replace it. I say this because one of Tim's great problems has been dealing with rushing defences; an extra point of attack who can be a second kicker, selective ball player, or ball-runner, would help him immensely. Equally, Finch's game as primary playmaker in attack is quite frankly, repeatedly found wanting. I see a real chance for him to blossom without the pressure of being the main man. If Tim's form or injury don't warrant selection, I want Blake to get first shot at 7.

parra pete

Referee
Pete while we are talking about some of your more controversial opinions, have you reconsidered yours in relation to Eric Grothe Junior? Early in the season you were saying he was a liability for his lack of speed in turning and chasing; you also said he shouldn't be in first grade.

Not many tries in 2006 for the big fella. Think he conceded more than he scored actually. I like the bloke as a player though. But IF THEY AREN'T PERFORMING let them play second grade...It'll shapen them up. It's harder to get out of the side than it is to get into it.
New broom Hagan won't tolerate crap efforts...

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Ok i pete, ill go even for injuries....i dont see the point, caus he could be playing ausome for the first 5 weeks....break his leg and out for the season. But for parras hope i wish he dosent get injured.

Your on, and you will see that even though your a selector, as i am for a rep soccer team......your understandement of how youth players work is very little IMO.