What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorned former Rooster 'to crow at Eels

parra pete

Referee
Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger from the 'dark side' of the forum.
I didn't make up the figures to discredit him..just presented them to support a case that the kid is not as good as the majority make him out to be..and that maybe, just maybe, he may be the problem...and not the solution..

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
First time I've agreed with you...YES, you are a simple person....

Tim Smith's Stats 2006 season...Games played 15, tries scored 2, Average tackles 14.3, Average hitups 2.7, Av metres gained per match 14. Effective tackles 82.3% Line Breaks 0, off loads 4.

Hate to say it matey. Tim's stats are the worst of any No 7 in the NRL in 2006...probably the worst of ANY player in the NRL.
John Morris stats in comparison...Games 23 Tries 5,fg 1, goals 2, average tackles 26, average hitups 6.5, average metres gained 51. Effective tackles 88.9% Line breaks 10, Off loads 5..
And mate, I don't care if he (Tim Smith) cares what I think or not..and I don't care what you think either. Doesn't phase me one way or another..
Get mum to sew your pockets up for Christmas if you can't realise that....
how many line break timmy make in 2005, mabey 5... why don't you put line break assists, or try assist there. You hatred for timmy is crystal clear, i think he ran over you dog i realy do... or is Micheal 'wonder boy' Clarke your brother in law or somthing.
Plus i never said you cared what i think, i simply said you comments can not be contrustive critism because they aint contructive.
But don't get to hot headed, we wouldn't want you to waste you energy hating... even though i think you waste energy talking

parra pete

Referee
:lol:...I would hope my criticism is CONSTRUCTIVE. Facts are Facts....
Wow, he was good in 2005! But it seems so long ago, considering he was in reverse gear in 2006... You are only as good as your last game....or season..... in his case.
But....can he recapture the 2005 form? That is the BIG question.....
By the way, he wouldn't be able to run over my dog...You should know now....Tim doesn't run!!!!!!
Mick Clarke...brother in law or 'something'...:lol:....good one. What's that to do with anything....But believe it or not, I know Michael Clarke..

COACH STERLING

Juniors
parra pete said:
Are they going to raffle it...How much a ticket. :lol:

Yeah just like his 2005 Rookie Of The Year Award......no chook raffle there buddy :D

IF PARRA make the top 4 its pretty obvious he will be in the running!

I guess some people think we won't make the semis then :lol:

parra pete

Referee
If Parra make the top four..I don't think he will be involved..Both cannot happen - especially if he does not improve on what he showed in 2006.
On the contrary, I am very confident of the Eels being finalists in 2007.
That is why I am on record in this forum of posting Finch will play more at NRL half back than Tim Smith, who in my opinion, will be relegated to Premier League with Blake Green (I presume) assuming the pivot position.

THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT IN THIS THREAD (Thank the Lord for that)

spiderdan

Bench
put things into perspective.

tim didn't have a great season on the whole, but consider that for the first ten of his 15 appearances we only won twice and struggled to put a full 80 mins of football together in one go.

during those first ten appearances tim progressively declined but so did our entire side.

the three games up to and including the newcastle game he started to find form. he was solid against the raiders and i thought pretty impressive against the knights until he got injured. at that point the side had picked up in confidence and everyone was praising jeremy smith who i don't think is even close to being as good a player as tim smith, but still showed some very solid form.

my point being, that i am sure had ts been there during the nine in a row statistically he would've been a much better player.

the kid also had some personal issues on his mind keeping his mind off football which didn't help his cause earlier n the year.

i am very confident that ts and bf will be a strong combination in the halves.

bartman

Immortal
I really hope Tim and Finch (haven't gotten used to calling him by a first name yet) can combine well in the halves this season. They need to be tgiven some time to adjust and show what they can do together. I have no problem with the opinions of those who point out Tim still has a lot to prove to automatically maintain his position for the entire year, and I have no problem with the opinions of those who remember his talents from his debut and point out that he could develop and deliver more on those.

Tim didn't have as good a year in 2006 as in 2005, no question. As a professional he should/will be looking to come out and better that for 2007, which is good news for Parra if it happens. However if things don't go so well by say round 8, having Finch now means we can options of promoting someone new outside someone with some experience, and our depth and options in the halves are good news no matter what happens. Same goes for if Finch ends up fizzing, he can say hello to reggies too. We'd look to kind of how Jeremy Smith filled in and did the job next to Morris as the team went forward, not flashy or brilliant or huge expectations, but he got the job done OK.

We have of course lost Morris and Jeremy Smith, but we have gained Finch and some bloke with apparent good potential in Moloney, while still having Blake Green developing. We'll be fine as a team no matter who steps up or who doesn't, just like we were this season in the top four. And if both Finch and Tim get injured or in a rut of poor form at the same time, we could even look at PJ in one of those roles instead of needing to debut two new guys at once.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Leaving Green out of the equation for a hypothetical, we still lost Morris - but we gained Finch, who has played Grand Finals and in Origin. He also racked up 19 try asists for 2006.

Now, if Morris could rack up similar stats in 2005, then surely Finch - a more talented and natural half than Morris, who is a great hooker-cum-ordinary half - should get plenty in 2007. And if he gets plenty, we'll be sitting pretty.

I'm so bored. Bring on the footy.

Latest posts