What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Dureau- diver

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess with all the diving in our game at the moment we can hardly take the moral high ground when we watch soccer and its oscar performances. There has always been an honesty about our game but it seems that winning at any cost has now taken precedent.

Greenbits

Juniors
I missed the Newcastle game, but just watched a replay of the Cows v Raiders game. Matty Bowen has obviously been watching the World Cup.

Respect - Diminishing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I guess with all the diving in our game at the moment we can hardly take the moral high ground when we watch soccer and its oscar performances. There has always been an honesty about our game but it seems that winning at any cost has now taken precedent.

agreed
its very sad to see this coming into our game at a rate of knots...
Bowen's was one of the worst i've ever seen. And as i've stated before, this is a guy i used to love and respect, now i have no respect for him

shear_joy9

Coach
agreed
its very sad to see this coming into our game at a rate of knots...
Bowen's was one of the worst i've ever seen. And as i've stated before, this is a guy i used to love and respect, now i have no respect for him

coming back into the game you mean. This was a big issue around 2002-04ish with the raiders one of the worst at it.

I recall one effort by Brad Drew against the bulldogs? where he was clipped after kicking and basically lay flat on the ground motionless, arms and legs spread out. The crowd just laughed at him but he got the penalty.

Diving is a carbuncle on soccer and is now becoming a regular feature of oz rools. Our game used to be differientated from these other sook codes by the refusal our players to lay down. Sadly, that is changing fast. We need to nip this in the bud right now. Leadership from coaches and senior players is required.

betcats

Referee
Not a fan of either team. but if mannering hadnt stuck out his arm Scott D wouldnt of had a chance to take a dive, it was stupid.

Meth

Staff member
Not a fan of either team. but if mannering hadnt stuck out his arm Scott D wouldnt of had a chance to take a dive, it was stupid.

Yeah, because those sorts of collisions don't happen about 1000 times a game :crazy:

tkr

Juniors
Diving is a carbuncle on soccer and is now becoming a regular feature of oz rools. Our game used to be differientated from these other sook codes by the refusal our players to lay down. Sadly, that is changing fast. We need to nip this in the bud right now. Leadership from coaches and senior players is required.

At least he was being consistent with the rest of the team using soccer tactics - hhh-hhhmmm--sliding tackle.