What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles desperate for funding

Jobdog

Live Update Team
mattyg said:
$30 million should see a grandstand go right around EnergyAustralia. It will be the best ground in NSW if that happens. It's a pity they don't have the best fans to go with it though ;-)
f**k off :fist:

Xplosive

Juniors
Manly ayeeee.
What can i say about the former silver tails.
They never gave a crap about anyone else before so why should my tax go to re doing brookvale.
Get lost manly.
When belmore gets funding you cam have yours too

Quidgybo said:
Definitely. Of all the grounds in Sydney, Brookvale is most in need of the Gosford / Parramatta Stadium treatment. A modern boutique stadium to serve the entire north shore. Not necessarily on the same site (if they're going to do a full rebuild then it'd be better done somewhere closer to rail and road links) but either way it's an awfully big area that's only being served by third class facilities.

Leigh.

Transport on the northern beaches is abysmal , not sure where you could put it, maybe up towards mona vale road near terry hills?

that way it would be a lot closer for the north shore residents to travel down mona vale road from pymble/stives.

Snoz

Juniors
manly residents probably provide a large portion of state funds with stamp duty & land tax on property - no reason why it shouldn't be directed back to them.

Quidgybo said:
If it is, they haven't got a long future in the big league. That's why I see suburban grounds as a charming but obsolete relic of the past. The game has outgrown them. Not necessarily in shear numbers yet but certainly in terms of expected standard of facilities and entertainment experience. In the medium term we've got to be aiming to average 20,000-30,000 every game and long term we need to be aiming for NFL proportions with 50,000+ at every game. That's the future and it's what every club should be planning and working towards. Charming suburban grounds are the future home of the second tier competition/s, not the multi hundred million dollar elite mega competition.

Leigh.

Leigh , i agree that we need to be aiming higher but i dont think these suburban grounds are past their used by date in Sydney.

the problem we have in sydney is the geography is very difficult and it is unrealistic to expect fans to travel long distances to a stadium(s) ( like say telstra dome for the afl) especially with the pathetic state our roads and public transport are in.

the best result for sydney clubs is for all of the teams to have 30K seat stadiums and then take blockbuster games to the bigger grounds.

imo , brookvale , shark park , campbelltown(so the tigers could move most ganes there) all need major work or demolishing. Penrith still needs more work , preferably getting rid of the hills for stands ala parramatta stadium and kogarah needs a stand on the hill side of the field.

also it would be great if the bulldogs could get a new stadium built. Leichardt is no big deal as there a only a few games played there anyway.

gregstar

Referee
government is meant to govern for everyone - not just marginals or safe seats.

manly is as entitled to state assistance as any other area / club.

Raider_69

Post Whore
why not burn brookvale down and salt the earth?
then relocate manly to... say i dont know... iraq...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Indeed.

Anyways, Brookvale is a f**king hole, they'd need a 10mil upgrade, then another 20 mil to buy some fans with class and dignity

Couldn't of said it better myself. I always dread going to Brookvale. It seems as though every lowlife on the north shore heads to Brookvale when the footy is on. Absolute human filth most of them.

S.S.T.I.D said:
Couldn't of said it better myself. I always dread going to Brookvale. It seems as though every lowlife on the north shore heads to Brookvale when the footy is on. Absolute human filth most of them.

just a correction , there northern beaches filth , not north shore filth.

wittyfan said:
Shark Park is going to be redeveloped.

only a fairly small one from my understanding , 5 million ? i think.

interestingly i just heard Greg Alexander say on 2ue that penrith have just received another $5 million dollar grant. Add that to the other $15 or so million we have received in the past couple of years and CUA stadium should be looking pretty good.

S.S.T.I.D said:
True. My bad.

I have been down to brookvale for the past two penrith games when we have been ahead by 20+ at half time and then lost at the end , anyway i dont think i have ever copped so much abuse in my life, it was actually quite scary.

MSIH

Bench
herbert henry1908 said:
I have been down to brookvale for the past two penrith games when we have been ahead by 20+ at half time and then lost at the end , anyway i dont think i have ever copped so much abuse in my life, it was actually quite scary.

You're probably a gimp and you deserve it.