What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles to stop national rugby union comp from using Brookvale

JW

Coach
All those nights getting pumped by Rodzilla's Nuts has certainly rendered you a first class tard, Wristy.

wittyfan

Referee
Hmmm, interesting that anyone would want to use a ground that has mud on the hill. Then again, union doesn't draw any crowds.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
While i don't care about the situation, most of you wouldn't stop sooking if Union did the same to League.

IanRitchie said:
While i don't care about the situation, most of you wouldn't stop sooking if Union did the same to League.

Aye.

The other thing that comes to mind is that Manly, presumably. are looking to get some government assistance to renovate Brookvale.

It could only help their case to get more tennants at the ground. It certainly can't help if they're seen to be rejecting other uses of the ground.

Most government funding to suburban stadiums is justified on the grounds of being a "community asset". Surely it makes it that much harder for governments to support suburban grounds if it can be demonstrated that they're being kept away from elements of the community.

Personally, if the ARU were interested in basing one of their NPC teams out of Jubilee Oval (which, I admit, is unlikey) I would welcome it with open arms. Profits to St. George Leagues Club (who have the lease on the ground), increased profile for sport in the St. George region, increased viability for the ground into the future and a greater ability to attract government funding for future expansion. For a similar reasons I'd be keen to see a future A-League team play out of WIN Stadium.

boonboon

Juniors
Since when do the sea eagles own the ground

To be honest I see the union team using north sydney oval,as there is the whole crowd that used to watch the bears

You would all be horrifie if union did the same thing

From a financial sense and for the opportunity to get government funding to improve the ground you need as many tennants as possible

boonboon said:
Since when do the sea eagles own the ground

The article in the first post of this thread says that Manly leases the ground. The implication of the article (and common sense) says that they lease it from Waringah Council.

This is a similar arrangement to Kogarah Oval. Kogarah Municipal Council owns it, but St. George Leagues Club (not the football club) holds a long-term lease. If memory serves The leagues club holds the lease until 2016.

t-ba

Post Whore
They want to play at both NS Oval and Brookvale Oval, It's an attempt to create a 'Northern Suburbs' identity for the club. They should learn from the Spirit and the Neagles that the North Shore and the Northern Beaches want nothing to do with each other!

Perth Red

Post Whore
On one hand I applaud Manly for not giving any chance of RU getting popular in their territory but also we blow up when RU/AFL do this to RL so would be hypocritical to say it is a good thing.

Woods99

Juniors
Perth Red said:
On one hand I applaud Manly for not giving any chance of RU getting popular in their territory but also we blow up when RU/AFL do this to RL so would be hypocritical to say it is a good thing.

According to Copa, when something like this is done by the AFL in Melbourne, it demonstrates that the AFL is "afraid of league".

On the other hand, when Brookvale Oval is denied to a rival code, this shows..........errrrr...........

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Stuff union, they do this type of thing all over the world to Rugby League teams.

About time the shoe was on the other foot.

I bet they don't like it either, well too bad rah rahs, all the BS over the years is finally catching up to you.

JK

Woods99 said:
According to Copa, when something like this is done by the AFL in Melbourne, it demonstrates that the AFL is "afraid of league".

On the other hand, when Brookvale Oval is denied to a rival code, this shows..........errrrr...........

...a healthy does of sweet revenge. :cool: