What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sean long to the bunnies?

viking warrior

Juniors
reports in england say that gb international sean long has asked to be released by st helens in order for him to sign for the bunnies!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing he has is a huge pay cheque thanks to the bunnies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sean Long could be a great signing. He tends to go missing at rep level, but then so does Craig Gower. When he's switched on, he's a damn fine player. When he's off, however, he's worse than Willie Peters.

Dogs Of War

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:
Sean Long could be a great signing. He tends to go missing at rep level, but then so does Craig Gower. When he's switched on, he's a damn fine player. When he's off, however, he's worse than Willie Peters.

By the sounds of it he will fit in at Souths just fine.

Big Bunny

Juniors
He's not a great player but he's better than our current options and wants to challenge himself, so there's nothing to be lost from picking him up. He's accustomed to Sean McRae's coaching style and I doubt Bomber would be looking to sign him if he didn't think he could contribute to the team beyond what our current options can. It's not like the market will allow for other options, so until that becomes a possibility there's no sense in digging for negatives in what is a positive for the club in whichever way you look at it.

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:

Wait...you think he's leaving ENGLAND for the money?

You're not bright...even for a Sharks supporter.

aussies1st

Staff member
Everytime i have seen him play he has had shockers. But this was at rep level and probably the same can be said with Kimmorely and orgin.

Jordan

Juniors
Leaving the ESL to play in the NRL is one thing... but to leave the ESL to play for one of the NRL's bottom teams is another, especially in a position such as halfback. It's going to be tough that's for sure..

shaggy

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
Worst signing ever.

When is Chris Walker being resigned by the rabbits?

never, they allready did that 1nce & he wanted out they wont do it again

hopefully he gets a few yrs 4 his contract due 2 the aclimtisation from esl 2 nrl

sean long is all class IMO.
I have seen him play for St Helens and he can cut the mustard.

great signing if happens. But I hope they keep Joe Williams and Mick Moran and develop them as they are future stars, the bunnies need to keep them or they will end up like they did in the '80's and '90's the when all the jnrs tasted 1st grade there and then left coz Piggins would pay them what they are worth.

Pistol

Coach
All I can say is potential and $1.20 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Time will tell if he lives up to the hype.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I dont get it, earlier this year Joe Williams was touted as the next big thing ala Benji or Karmichael and now he has disappeared of the radar, has he been injured?

Souths must have money to burn if they can afford to buy a GB International....why not go buy some All Black players while they're at it or maybe Jonny Wilkinson....Jeez i wish i was a club CEO i would sign Batista

Sun_Down

Juniors
madunit said:

Imo, his ESL club could outbid Souths to hell if they wanted to, me thinks he aint doing it for cash, a lot of GB players dream of playing in the NRL.

Imo, Sean Long is very good, is kicking game needs BIG work though, hopefully it improves.

Important and good signing Souths.

Latest posts