What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEAN RUDDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

First Grade
Yeah but he has played, you can watch TV until your eyes drop out, but you will not have any understanding of what it feels like to be out there and getting smashed, sorry about your condition.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It's ok. I've learnt to live with it.

I do realise I haven't been in that situation where I've been smashed over and over playing league. But I don't think that restricts me from being able to comprehend what it must be like.

The australian cricket coach John Buchanon [spelling], never played cricket at the highest level, yet he coaches a level he wasn't ever able to play in. Yet he has probably the best record of any rep cricket coach in the world.

Terminator

First Grade
You wanna know what it feels like, run into a tree at full pace from 5 metres and hit it with your shoulder, then you will have a good idea.

chinorocks

Juniors
I'm gonna take the unpopular stance and stick with brong It home on this one. Never thought much of him as a player, and I don't want us to get him back. He can't tackle and you wanna stick him in the backrow??? Fine move I applaud it.

I'm sure he is a very nice, down to earth person, I'm not bagging him as a guy, I'm just pointing out that I don't think he's worth bringing back from a improving our team point of view.

Terminator

First Grade
I dont mind Rudder, but hes not part of the Knights future anymore, we have so many young talented players coming up that deserve a shot first.

General Knight

Juniors
I reckon sign Rudder up but put him in PL so he can help the younger guys improve their games. Maybe he could set the bar in PL that would force all the other guys to perform better or something like that, u know. And if hes playng well enough then chuck him into FG.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
chinorocks said:
I'm gonna take the unpopular stance and stick with brong It home on this one. Never thought much of him as a player, and I don't want us to get him back. He can't tackle and you wanna stick him in the backrow??? Fine move I applaud it.

I'm sure he is a very nice, down to earth person, I'm not bagging him as a guy, I'm just pointing out that I don't think he's worth bringing back from a improving our team point of view.

With Rudder, he has a good amount of speed for a back rower. He can make the odd good hit up. These are some advantages to his game. The problem he has is tacking technique. The amount of times he's in a tackle and an offload is done, it is very alarming. Not to mention his poor tackling action allows the opposition to run him back a few more meters. Plus there are all the miss tackles he allows due to his tackling technique. He doesn't put his body into the tackles, his first action is to grab them at near full strtch with his hands and that gives him an instant disadvantage as his body isn't in the correct possition to make a tackle.

So as chino rocks correctly said, his flaws as a back rower are to great to allow him to play in the forwards for us.

As for playing at 5/8 goes, forget it! the survey in another topic show supporters dont want him there [understandably].

Plus there is his inconsistancy. One decent game for at least every 5 quiet games. It is not worthy of hi9m coming back

So where do we put him if he comes back? As a utility player on the bench with a poor tackling technique and very few options as a ball player, I think not.

General Knight

Juniors
Well i heard in other topics that Daniel Spiteri is quite a speedster and player whos playing quite well. They should put him on the bench and use him as an impact player just like what the cowboys do with Bowen. I think we really need someone who is quick to come one during the game to try and get around the tired forwards - it would be great to have someone like that come off the bench off the bench.

Bring it home Knights said:
No I haven't. I was born with a joints condition called hypermobility. Until I hit my growth spurt and my joints went f#cked I had to stop playing any kind of football.

OK, that's what's wrong with your body, now tell us what's up with your brain.

I have NEVER said I know everything. But remember, Peter Sterling hasn't played football since 92. The game has changed so much since then, so does that mean he and alot of other league experts no nothing about the game today. Of course they do.

LOL! :lol: Whatever happened to your "Wayne Bennett never played football, I'm as smart as him" line?

:lol:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
No I haven't. I was born with a joints condition called hypermobility. Until I hit my growth spurt and my joints went f#cked I had to stop playing any kind of football.

OK, that's what's wrong with your body, now tell us what's up with your brain.

I have NEVER said I know everything. But remember, Peter Sterling hasn't played football since 92. The game has changed so much since then, so does that mean he and alot of other league experts no nothing about the game today. Of course they do.

LOL! :lol: Whatever happened to your "Wayne Bennett never played football, I'm as smart as him" line?

:lol:

126 IQ. I'd consider nothing wrong with my brain. I hope the mods are reading what cows writing, because I know I'd be copping it if 50% of what I wrote was purely to attempt to bag others :roll:

macavity

Referee
126 IQ. I'd consider nothing wrong with my brain.

146 IQ (proper psych test, i have scored up to 186 on 'unofficial' tests...)....

and... I STILL DO SOME REALLY DUMB THINGS.......

so dont use that as an excuse...!! :lol:

you guys obviously have SOME history..... :!:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It's not to do with doing some dumb things. He is accusing me of having something wrong with my brain. It's just a cheap shot. 146 IQ is very impressive.

macavity

Referee
the focus on maths always gets me on the unofficial ones.....!!

(I can do maths but i HATE it....)

Terminator

First Grade
It's not to do with doing some dumb things. He is accusing me of having something wrong with my brain. It's just a cheap shot. 146 IQ is very impressive.
You can have something wrong with your brain and still be pretty smart BIHK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts