What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sean wane

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'd say the plan is to sack Mary early in 2020 and install Dean Young as interim head coach. Young then to be extended for 3 years at the end of 2020.

I concur this is pretty close to the mark. McGregor will be given a period of time...say six weeks...and if (and when) he flunks, Young will assume control. It’s all as predictable as a Darwin weather forecast.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Mary has been very clever bringing his mate Gus in to do this so called independent review . What will happen is assistant coaches , high performance staff and players will cop the brunt of the blame . They will be the ones to pay the penalty for a completely inept head coach .
Mary by doing this has given himself at least another year as our head coach . So the talk of Sean Wane or any other coach coming in is pointless .
The question is if a joe blow average supporter like me can see what is happening why can't our useless board ?.

Bang on, GCD.

The club would need to refinance and take a second mortgage, to payout all our assistants.

There lies the problem.
McGregors payout is a mere drop in the ocean.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mary has been very clever bringing his mate Gus in to do this so called independent review . What will happen is assistant coaches , high performance staff and players will cop the brunt of the blame . They will be the ones to pay the penalty for a completely inept head coach .
Mary by doing this has given himself at least another year as our head coach . So the talk of Sean Wane or any other coach coming in is pointless .
The question is if a joe blow average supporter like me can see what is happening why can't our useless board ?.
Because they are driving the agenda & will only initiate change when it comes to saving their positions.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Think I am the most dispondant I have ever been. Tell me 10 years ago I'd be happy to watch the team I love lose I'd probably swing at you. Now, nothing. Tell me that there is a premiership winning coach effectively begging to come fix the team will probably be avoided for a perinial loser like wolford. Not surprised. Tell me that all they serve at the SGI Xmas party is crowies and bacon. Not surprised too many snouts in the trough.

Butttt. Tell me that a professional business can't do simple maths on ins vs outs. Crowd figures, drop in metres gained, more errors, less points, less offloads and less wins doesn't understand the need to change.

I call bullshit. No one and no business is that dumb. Raw data doesn't lie and they should know as I'm sure they have hired an old boy to do the sums.

They don't care and like any other business that doesn't care they are doomed to fail. I just wish they'd be honest to the fans and admit it. f**k them all. Collectively stupid or not to some we have all have what we cherish ripped from us by greed and ineptitude. But as long as everyone keeps getting a pay cheque right?

Good post, RV.
Raw data doesn't lie but raw verbal sewage coming from the board really is putting off a lot of fans.

J.moz

Juniors
A legend of a superleague coach similar to wayne Bennett in the nrl Grandfinals club champions and will bring some english players to the club sign him asap. SACK MARY no more of all this bull shit spin on we will give him till 5 rounds next year.He has had 6 years and finished 2nd last next year wooden spoon.

Gareth67

First Grade
A legend of a superleague coach similar to wayne Bennett in the nrl Grandfinals club champions and will bring some english players to the club sign him asap. SACK MARY no more of all this bull shit spin on we will give him till 5 rounds next year.He has had 6 years and finished 2nd last next year wooden spoon.

Well said moz. Agree with all that you have said - except giving the clown any more time whatsoever in charge of the Dragon team/s - in any capacity.

He has had more then enough opportunity to show his ability as a 1st grade coach and has failed miserably on each and every count . Being a nice fella just does not cut it , the players deserve better as do we the long suffering fans of the Big Red V .

Someone needs to contact uncle Bruce and get him to write a cheque out for Mary and then another for Wane - I am quite sure that B.G. will make up his money quick smart on the extra revenue from the asssociated advertising of the famous Dragon brand ?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
If you get Wane, you get a team that nobody likes to play against and a team that never gives up. I would give my left nacker to have him as our coach.

You will struggle to understand what he is saying though.

It’s been forever since the Dragons have had a coach of that caliber , he would undoubtedly be of tremendous value to the Big RedV , more so in our current state .

As it will take someone special to raise the team fron the muddy depths of despair that they now find themselves in and Wane sounds just the individual to do the job - we can only hope . :innocent:

hazzbeen

Bench
It’s been forever since the Dragons have had a coach of that caliber , he would undoubtedly be of tremendous value to the Big RedV , more so in our current state .

As it will take someone special to raise the team fron the muddy depths of despair that they now find themselves in and Wane sounds just the individual to do the job - we can only hope . :innocent:
Maybe they have something up their sleeve , if they have its a bloody loooooooong sleeve :)

possm

Coach
just keep an eye out for this one; Dean Young will replace a sacked McGregor in 2020 and then gain a 3 year deal at season's end.

J.moz

Juniors
Has mary been sacked red v members are dropping off for next season. Emails have been sent by red v membership group already .Sign up warne asap will bring plenty of sponsors and talent from over in England .

Bench
If you get Wane, you get a team that nobody likes to play against and a team that never gives up. I would give my left nacker to have him as our coach.

You will struggle to understand what he is saying though.
Most ox lost on betting McIdiot will leave over the past few seasons

Latest posts