What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The Tigers are still a chance of the spoon.
Now I have my fingers crossed that we get 2 more points going to court.

The Tigers are still a chance of the spoon.
Now I have my fingers crossed that we get 2 more points going to court.
It's a big chance. Based on today's effort we won't win another game and will likely get hammered a couple of times. The Gold Coast, while just as shit as us, have a fairly soft run in and might jag a game. Possibly 2.

Tiger05

First Grade
We aren’t getting 2 points from the court because of an on field ruling stuff up.

Lee is a lawyer, taking organisations to court is all he knows.

There is no way we get those points back. There is no point going to court over it as well. We did have to have a sook because it was a disgrace.

*** Since I've just stated this we will now get the points back.

simmo1

First Grade
Some stats on our season:

Games v Bottom 4 (Warriors, Knights, Titans)
0 Wins, 5 Losses
Average score: 6.8-17.2

Games v Top 8
3 Wins, 7 Losses
Average Score: 17.9-26.7

Why do we struggle to score v weaker opposition? Those bottom sides give up around 30 points a game v everyone else, yet we barely average more than 1 try per game. We have only scored more than two tries twice in 10 games against bottom 8 opposition (Manly & Bulldogs).

Its so frustrating to watch.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
f**k me, NRL 360 have made a sport out of kicking the shit out of you guys recently aye. They just spent a good 5 minutes bagging you for signing Naden to a 3 year deal and all the drama surrounding Papali'i

BrotherJim05

Bench
f**k me, NRL 360 have made a sport out of kicking the shit out of you guys recently aye. They just spent a good 5 minutes bagging you for signing Naden to a 3 year deal and all the drama surrounding Papali'i
Yeah mate it's a complete f**king joke. Anasta drones on about how the Tigers need to do better then basically tells everyone he regrets not backflipping on us. Then they give us shit for overpaying players but when we sign a talented guy on small coin we are somehow idiots?

Complete joke

Tiger05

First Grade
Then they give us shit for overpaying players but when we sign a talented guy on small coin we are somehow idiots?

It's not small coin. It's 600k+ per season.

I don't even understand the backflip idea. How is that possible when we've signed him ? This isn't releasing a player early. It's a new contract. I can only think of Gordan Tallis doing this but this was when he signed for the Broncos and refused to play for the Dragqueens. I think he sat out one year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's not small coin. It's 600k+ per season.

I don't even understand the backflip idea. How is that possible when we've signed him ? This isn't releasing a player early. It's a new contract. I can only think of Gordan Tallis doing this but this was when he signed for the Broncos and refused to play for the Dragqueens. I think he sat out one year.
Agree that 600k for pap isn’t small coin but think that brother Jim was referring to Naden re signing on small coin.I would’ve preferred 2 yrs max for Naden but apparently he’s not on much money so 3 yrs won’t b catastrophic.What I found bizarre was dickhead Anastas diabolical over-reaction re the 3 yr duration of contract.

WA Tiger

Bench

Your over reacting a bit about Naden ? .. 3 years is a long contract for a player that doesn’t know where the sideline is when he catches the ball..They said as long as it’s not for too much $$$ which makes sense and Buzz supported Naden.

I don’t mind most of their views. Nothing to Boo Hoo about ...most times we deserve it. And other times who gives a shit

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree that 600k for pap isn’t small coin but think that brother Jim was referring to Naden re signing on small coin.I would’ve preferred 2 yrs max for Naden but apparently he’s not on much money so 3 yrs won’t b catastrophic.What I found bizarre was dickhead Anastas diabolical over-reaction re the 3 yr duration of contract.

Got it. I don't mind Naden's contract. I reckon we have a good bunch of young outside backs. I like Naden, To'a and Kepaoa. Then you have Junior Tupou plus Ken M. I reckon those contracts are all fine.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, 3 games to go, thank Christ for that TBH.

I just can’t see a win in any of the 3?

Reset for next year and hope they don’t squash them like they have for the the last 11 years 🥲

For me, it’s proved the coaches haven’t been the problem and the CoE hasn’t been that attractive to players (like they thought), but our player criteria needs an urgent overhaul?

Last edited: