What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2011, whats your minimum pass mark?

Bricey

Juniors
For mine, it has to be similar to last years result. Top 3 finish, home semi-final. (We all know that the home semi will be played at the SFS, so lets all get used to it now). We must win our home semi this time around and could put us straight into a preliminary final.

Is a grand final appearnce asking too much, because after last year, I know it isnt out of reach

gronkathon

First Grade
No expectations or minumum pass mark this season for me.

I would love to be in a position like last season but 26 rounds of football can produce too many twists and turns

Premiership to be honest.

Prelims again is what I'm expecting at the least, but I really want a premiership given the quality of the squad we've got.

N.C.

Juniors
1. Not to forget how to win ugly, and to remember how to win pretty again... then combine the two.
2. A settled combo of 1.Brown 6. Marshall 7. Lui 9. Farah 14. Moltzen to finish the season without injury.
3. Galloway to turn the corner (including staying on the park during mid-season).
4. Marshall to find form with the boot and finish as the NRL's leading point scorer.

Notwithstanding any of the above - if we can get a good run through the finals I'll be happy...

meltiger

First Grade
Grand Final for mine.

1 point away, and probably should have made it last season. Can't see why we need to lower expectations.

The team IS good enough

Skitz68

Juniors
Have to agree with N.C. . Can only hope for one more thing , that we unearth some dominant front rowers from the lower grades , must say some showed promise late last season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we overachieved last year, given injuries and the Storm drama.

I think top 6 should be the goal as a bare minimum (and actually be in and around that spot on the ladder all season, not rely on a streak at some point in the season to make it happen.

super_coach

First Grade
People forget for 75% of 2010 we were very scratchy and many of our wins could have gone the other way. Okay we finished well and with some luck we should have made the Grand Final but in reality we played poorly for many weeks and probably got far more rewards than we deserved.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think the prelims would be a pass mark team wise.

Individually it would be great to see Farah, Lawrence and maybe Galloway stamp themselves as rep players

Mader45

Juniors
People forget for 75% of 2010 we were very scratchy and many of our wins could have gone the other way.

Round 1 Manly 26-22
Round 5 Cowboys 23-16
Round 17 Broncos 16-14
Round 18 Titans 15-14
Round 21 Cronulla 24-22
Round 24 Parra 18-20

Semi Canberra 26-24

The 7 wins in the season could have definitely gone the other way like they did in 2009 and we would have finished 13th

Can only think of 3 games we should have won that we lost.

Souths with that last minute try in golden point with the forward pass
Ryans great timing for a dropped bomb at Campbelltown against the Roosters
And obviously the finals Roosters game

netic

Juniors
A top four finish and then put up a good performance like last year in the finals

super_coach

First Grade
The rep season could bite us on the backside. A real chance that Galloway,Farah and Lawrence will get a run with the blues and Lote is a chance for the reds. We have some good depth but not sure if we can expect to many wins without our big guns

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am looking for consistency this year. Consistency in the players game performance but also consistency in who the coach pickes each week.

Like most I am wanting a front rower to step up. I don't think that will be Gibbs because his game is based on defence. Whether Galloway takes the next step just waits to be seen. I think our big hope is either Fifita or Murdoch-Masila.

After watching Scott in the all stars game it highlighted how big an asset a prop is who can regularly make yards. Maybe the fact we didn't buy anyone this year means we will be targetting James Graham next year.

One last little pass mark will be Dwyer learning off the best. I rate Dwyer highly and if he can pick up tips off Ellis, we will have another champion second rower...so keep him out of the front row coach!!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Round 1 Manly 26-22
Round 5 Cowboys 23-16
Round 17 Broncos 16-14
Round 18 Titans 15-14
Round 21 Cronulla 24-22
Round 24 Parra 18-20

Semi Canberra 26-24

what a terrible post. in most of those games we were the better team and deserved the win. the sign of a good team is who can win the close pressure cooker games, your theory is completely floored.

against the eagles we dominated the opening 20 and had a fair try dissallowed, we then dominated the last 20 and came home with a wet sail to seal a tremendous win

the cowboys win was one of the best of the season. we lost our halfback in the first few minutes, away, in the heat at a venue we have a terrible record at. that was an extremely gutsy win and we 100% deserved it.

the broncos game was absolutely terrible, was our second worst game of the season after the souffs 50-10 debacle. however we hung in there and had the players to come up with the big play in the second last minute to snatch the win. it was a sign of maturity.

against the titans we had our fourth choice half and grinded the win, it was a very good performance against a top 4 side.

the sharks we were terrible and lucky to win, ill give you that one

the first 60 minutes against parra was just about our best 60 mins of the year. we tore them apart and were up 20-0 until the most blatant biasim referreeing stepped in and we were on the end of a 9-0 penalty count to get parra back in the game.

the semi against canberra was again gutsy and considering the circumstances (away, at a sold out ground against a team who had won 8 out of their last 9 or something with a injury depleted and mentally drained team) it was brilliant. once again we were the better team.